10.4.2 Hack

stelriah

Release?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. If a hack is made for 10.4.2 should it be released to the public and thus apple?

• Yes.
    • No.

10 posts in this topic

I voted yes, because I think it's only fair that Apple gets a chance to tighten their security. Something for something. Many, not all, is using an illegal developer copy and my bet is that even many of the leet people here is doing so. Hence something for something.

-Daxziz

For obvious reasons, it can't be made available specifically here, but somewhere offsite, as any TPM hacks cannot be discussed in great detail here. Instead use Simon's OSx86 Site.

Now, I believe that despite the fact that Apple can and has used previous pacthes as a base to improve their security, this should not scare those in the community from releasing the patch. Anything made by a human is subject to human error, and thus, can be broken with time. The idea of releasing to only a "trustworthy" group is good in theory, but will simply be defeated in the long run. We will simply become just like Apple, distributing our software (In their case, the dev Kit and DVD), and depending on the recipents not to put it on the internet. Some fellow will eventually decide to release it publicly, defeating the whole purpose.

I say, release it.

• 5 weeks later...

Is there anything new for us in 10.4.2?

If its same same, then dont publish.

All of you do ALOT of work for Apple, for free. Just do it if its fun and helps you develop skill.

But if Apple are just fishing for hack-protection, then cut it here, now.

Have they actually changed the way required to hack?!

Not like they are trying to make it "bulletproof" :(:D:D ...

If its same same, then dont publish.

All of you do ALOT of work for Apple, for free. Just do it if its fun and helps you develop skill.

But if Apple are just fishing for hack-protection, then cut it here, now.

Have they actually changed the way required to hack?!

Not like they are trying to make it "bulletproof" :D:D:D ...

Bulletproof like Starforce, Laserloc and the Syncrosoft Dongle? :D

Well, i hope they learned from fall and fails of other companys attempts.

Bulletproof like Starforce, Laserloc and the Syncrosoft Dongle? :D

Well, i hope they learned from fall and fails of other companys attempts.

there are some security mesaures that work, this about all the software made by digidesign, exists for 10 years but nobody ever cracked it.

think about how long it took them to crack cubase sx 3.0... some things will never get hacked..

Why release 10.4.2, which (to my knowledge) still isn't available yet

for the general public through the torrents and/or p-2-p and 10.4.3 has allready arrived?

ERGO: Why would I want a crack for windows 2000 while XP is out and Vista is coming? :D

Are there real noticable improvements performance-wise and all

between 10.4.1 (my current os) - 10.4.2 - 10.4.3?

I'd say, wait until 10.4.3 is available and have that patched or,

if fear of apple's security getting to tough by each version,

wait until the final release and patch that.