• AsRock
    • Other
  3. 3. Video/Graphics Card

• nVidia
    • AMD
    • ATI
    • Other

5 posts in this topic

What do you think makes a budget hackintosh please reply with the poll.

Cpu pre-1150 could run from a celeron 1155 or pentium1155, have more money go with core i3. With 1150 at least core i3.

Mother board go with the one work best for you, more sata port or price, i see it is not a must go, I have few go ok boot it up.

Lately I see AMD radeon 7850 or 7870 or 7950 work great, it is great price now on craiglist or ebay, but you need ti know to configure it to make it work right. The Nvidia with kepler it work OBO with a single boot flag.

So just see where your budget go, and the PSU is really important one.

Cpu pre-1150 could run from a celeron 1155 or pentium1155, have more money go with core i3. With 1150 at least core i3.

Mother board go with the one work best for you, more sata port or price, i see it is not a must go, I have few go ok boot it up.

Lately I see AMD radeon 7850 or 7870 or 7950 work great, it is great price now on craiglist or ebay, but you need ti know to configure it to make it work right. The Nvidia with kepler it work OBO with a single boot flag.

So just see where your budget go, and the PSU is really important one.

Good advice i already have a rig just want peoples opinions.

For a minimal system.. I like a miniITX form motherboard, Intel i3 or higher and 4 gb ddr3. In this kind of system, sometimes, you can put a miniPCI compatible wifi, and a multireader SD/microSD card with included bluetooth.

Later, if the case allows it... you can put an AMD/nVidia video card.

That´s like a new macmini, without Thunderbolt,  but faster and expandable.

• Like 1