My New Mac Pro!

Orea

60 posts in this topic

Incredible!

Please put a pic of your desk after you get it all set up if you can

And I didn't know you were in the UK, that is probably why I never see you on your msn, when i'm at school, your probally on and whenever I normally get online, your probably sleeping or something

Sorry, I realize my question wasn't clear enough. I mean, why was it so expensive? Did you buy a lot of upgrades?

Yeh,

Specs:

Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

2GB (4 x 512MB

4 x NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB

500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s

500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s

One 16x SuperDrive

Both Bluetooth 2.0+EDR and AirPort Extreme

Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mouse (wireless)

Mac OS X

Final Cut Express HD

Apple Cinema HD Display (23" flat panel)

Apple Cinema HD Display (23" flat panel)

AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac Pro - Auto-enroll

An iSight, New Camera & Photo Printer

BaYlisS

wow..nice. Want to give it to me? :(

HEHEH ;) LoL! -- Call of duty is a new experiance on it! there's no waiting times! all the screen gives it so much detail!

Iv jst finished putting VISTA RC1 on it! it runs sooo smooth!!

BaYlisS

Oh yeh, Fossie! i would rather not!

can you take pictures of it?

post-52882-1160916649_thumb.jpg

Now dont worry that i haven't got my second screen on thier! me and parents decided that it looked better on my other pc!! Hehe!

I dont really need to screens! And wasn't it nice for apple to provide a wired keybaord and mouse, and well as a wireless 1 tooo!

BaYlisS

Why all that processing power? What do you do CAD design work for D&T?

I use it alot for photoshop and final cut pro because of dIdA! I use final cut pro to create movies of freinds doing movies and stuff like that!

I can you use aperature on it aswell to make my food look good!

BaYlisS

Lol - I cant do DIDA i really wanted to - My school said there wasnt enough people that wanted to do it so im stuck with Edexcels Applied ICT.

Yeah you do video editing and stuff but 2 'Woodcrest' Xeon CPU's - thats a load.

Nice PowerMac tho. Im drooling over my computer lookin at the pics!!

Lol - I cant do DIDA i really wanted to - My school said there wasnt enough people that wanted to do it so im stuck with Edexcels Applied ICT.

Yeah you do video editing and stuff but 2 'Woodcrest' Xeon CPU's - thats a load.

Nice PowerMac tho. Im drooling over my computer lookin at the pics!!

Hehe! My School is really tiny, Queen Elizabeth High School, Help design the website! Look at who wins the ICT award! Link!

I cant believe how fast it is?!?! Have you got some pics of ur pc! I would like to see how it looks!

BaYlisS!

Im on Holiday - YEY skippin skool wid permission.

Im using a normal boring Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop at the mo so no pics for now.

I can tell you what it is.

My Main PC at the moment:

Custom Built PC

E6700 Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

3GB Ram (3x1GB Modules) + 2GB Flash Drive (Vista uses this as Ram)

ATI Radeon X1300 Sapphire 256MB

1TB Storage Drives - 2X500GB (cant remember the manufacturer)

36GB 10K Western Digital Raptor Drives x2 - (Holds Operating Systems and Some programs)

The rest is just lights, fans, mods, LCD's and 2 Disk Drives

I forgot to buy a floppy drive for that PC. ( Im gonna buy one when i need to)

Windows Vista and XP

Dell 8400-Replacing with an iMac.

of course your new Power Mac makes my computers look like a bunch of out of date toys.

I need a power Mac - but even if i get to saving a £1500. ill spend it before reaching the amount i need.

Oh and i wouldnt really like to show everyone my messy room so ill clean it up before posting a pic.

My secondary School has 5000 pupils.

And to think only three years ago it actually had much more split in an area of three campus like places?

Most the schools been split up now and we have much more facilities that are shared around these days.

We have access to three really big sports halls and our part of the school alone is rigged with 7 ICT rooms and a few drama stages and assembly halls.

Great new is thatg Yrs 10 and 11 take priority for everything

I hate London tho, and our schools really showing off or is having lots of people invest in it.

Its still too big and takes a while to walk end to end

My secondary School has 5000 pupils.

And to think only three years ago it actually had much more split in an area of three campus like places?

Most the schools been split up now and we have much more facilities that are shared around these days.

We have access to three really big sports halls and our part of the school alone is rigged with 7 ICT rooms and a few drama stages and assembly halls.

Great new is thatg Yrs 10 and 11 take priority for everything

I hate London tho, and our schools really showing off or is having lots of people invest in it.

Its still too big and takes a while to walk end to end

Come to the rural area of herefordshire, and get a real feel of countryside, i wouldn't complain about people investing it your school, because we need people investing in our school!

BaYlisS

Are you f or m?