2,188 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Since last days I've added to the HWSensor project a make file to build everything from the command line:

make (make all kexts and apps)
make pkg (make a package for distribution)

The package is translated in English and Italian but you can translate in any languages you want. Before doing that I want to discuss with Slice if titles and descriptions are all ok and clear. Later we can start translating it:

Welcome.html.zip

Conclusion.html.zip

Description.html.zip

Localizable.strings.zip

HWMonitorSMC.app v2 is still marked as Beta but lately I solved most of the "youth bugs". HWMonitorSMC.app v1 is still there and you can chose one or another as you wish.
Forgot to mention that in r107/108 I've added an option in both app to run them at login or not (default is to run at login) so there's no longer the need for a daemon, just run the app once.

@Slice please confirm issues with dark theme are solved in 10.11 and 10.12 please.

Again, regarding the package, it is able to install kexts in /System/Library/Extensions or in the ESP under /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other if Clover is installed.
The pkg make a back up of all old extensions found in the target folder (search recursively) and move them to the root of the target volume. Be aware that the package remove all known extensions from this project, but also from kozlek project before install the new ones.
You cannot select a single plugin without select the FakeSMC.kext. Why? It is clear to me that these extensions must be associated with the same kexts from the same compilations/revisions to avoid surprises. For that all plugins will be installed inside the dedicated subfolder at FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/, so that you will see only it.

If You decide to install in SLE or in the EFI folder and those directories does not exist, the package will copy kexts in the root of the target volume, so that you will be able to install them manually.
(Installing in SLE is the default option, kexts permissions will be fixed, prelinked rebuilt!)

Here is the HWSensors-3_r111.pkg, below the log compiling it:

** Building HWSensor's extensions r111 **
   ..using the sdk: macosx10.11
=== BUILD TARGET IntelCPUMonitor OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
ld: warning: object file (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/lib/libkmod.a(c_start.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.6)
ld: warning: object file (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/lib/libkmod.a(c_stop.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.6)
=== BUILD TARGET ACPIMonitor OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
ld: warning: object file (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/lib/libkmod.a(c_start.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.6)
ld: warning: object file (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/lib/libkmod.a(c_stop.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.6)
=== BUILD TARGET NVClockX OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
=== BUILD TARGET RadeonMonitor OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
=== BUILD TARGET X3100 OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
=== BUILD TARGET IT87x OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
=== BUILD TARGET W836x OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
=== BUILD TARGET F718x OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
=== BUILD TARGET PC8739x OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
=== BUILD TARGET GeforceSensor OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
ld: warning: object file (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/lib/libkmod.a(c_start.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
ld: warning: object file (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/lib/libkmod.a(c_stop.o)) was built for newer OSX version (10.11) than being linked (10.7)
=== BUILD TARGET AmdCPUMonitor OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
=== BUILD TARGET FakeSMC OF PROJECT HWSensors WITH CONFIGURATION Release 10.6 ===
** Building HWMonitorSMC.app v1 **
** Building HWMonitorSMC.app v2 **
** Building HWSensors-3_r111.pkg **
[partutil]
[Pre]
[HWMonitorSMC]
[HWMonitorSMC2]
[kextsToSLE]
[FakeSMC]
[IntelCPUMonitor]
[AmdCPUMonitor]
[GeforceSensor]
[NVClockX]
[RadeonMonitor]
[X3100]
[F718x]
[ITEIT87x]
[PC8739x]
[W836x]
[ACPIMonitor]
[VoodooBatterySMC]
[kextsToESP]
[Post]

NOTE: 
You need Xcode 9 and Swift 4+ to compile HWMonitorSMC.app v2, otherwise will not be included in the package.
Actually Slice compile kexts with the macosx10.11 sdk, so for a better result you should include it in newer Xcode at:

../Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/

Close and reopen Xcode, and the project will use the macosx10.11 sdk to build kexts as you can see at the second line of my log!
feedbacks appreciated!

Those files is to translate into your language HWMonitorSMC.app v2:

Preferences.strings.zip

Popover.strings.zip

Localizable.strings.zip

(post your translated file in this Topic)

How to checkout and build the project with the Terminal (line by line):

cd $HOME

svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/hwsensors/hwsensors3/code3/ hwsensors-hwsensors3-code3

cd $HOME/hwsensors-hwsensors3-code3

make pkg

Xcode required!

EDIT

I cannot upload bigger files than few megabites, I'm going to host the pkg somewhere..

EDIT II

link to the package added

EDIT III

added package with r111 stuff

Edited by vector sigma
added package with r111 stuff
  • Like 2

On 3/3/2018 at 9:23 PM, chris1111 said:

thanks for update HWMonitorSMC V2 3 Beta

one thing it  is possible adding option avoid scrolling bar and stretch all info like the original because my windows is very short here 

I see here Image post  and all infos is visible in the menue 

post-951341-0-98704100-1520108539_thumb.png

never said that I'll remove HWMonitorSMC.app v1.x ;). Anyway look in the preferences, you can hide the scroll bar permanently. More you can size the window as you like.

7 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Thanks! ...and all ok installing kexts into Clover?

I have updated my ESP personalizing option in pkg installation

checked fakesmc and other kext useful for my rig

All went fine

@vector sigma

Thank you it works great, just one minor problem the hardware monitor doesn't show my NVME SSD, I can see the details of my NVME with iStat Menus.

I have to confess that I haven't booted the system with the new sensors and the new FakeSMC.kext maybe it will show up after I reboot the system with the new kexts and sensors.

I'll get back to you on that after I reboot the system which might tae a while.

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

@vector sigma

Thank you it works great, just one minor problem the hardware monitor doesn't show my NVME SSD, I can see the details of my NVME with iStat Menus.

I have to confess that I haven't booted the system with the new sensors and the new FakeSMC.kext maybe it will show up after I reboot the system with the new kexts and sensors.

I'll get back to you on that after I reboot the system which might tae a while.

It will. But I need time to import this code: https://github.com/smartmontools/smartmontools

It's written in c++ but I need obj-c or swift or even plain c (c is more than enough). in the meantime, if someone wants to start the job I'll be happy since next days I'll be very busy with my work.

1 hour ago, Matthew82 said:

Good work, but unfortunately I have to use your HWMonitorSMC 2 with Kozlek FakeSMC. Better support for new radeon and Skylake X. 

5aaeb139c4550_Zrzutekranu2018-03-18o19_32_35.thumb.png.c58c18f800d99c434c77cdb5c867419e.png

What is better?

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vector sigma said:

It will. But I need time to import this code: https://github.com/smartmontools/smartmontools

It's written in c++ but I need obj-c or swift or even plain c (c is more than enough). in the meantime, if someone wants to start the job I'll be happy since next days I'll be very busy with my work

It's not a big deal and there is no rush, take your time, I just reported this just to make sure if it's available or not. Thanks for your time and efforts man :)

• Thanks 1

Guys, in r107/108 I've introduced a new bug in HWMonitorSMC.app v2 and in Sierra and El Capitan is crashing due to the new code that add the app to the login items.

...working to solve.. so don't panic :wink_anim:

Edited by vector sigma

Bug previously mentioned solved in r110. In r111 I've added a new Icon for the app v2, new package here.

Please report back.

@Slice, I see this post on Apple Life. The "force to use dark appearance" option in the Preferences is for who wants the app to be Dark on a normal appearance (i.e. Light). When the macOS appearance is alerady Dark ...will do nothing ... is already Dark and HWMonitorSMC already know what to do automatically. 

Edited by vector sigma

On 18/3/2018 at 9:24 PM, Matthew82 said:

-Support for dual gpu

-Fun speed showing good value

-better support for temp sensor.

Dual gpu support must be written, Fun speed depend on your DSDT. About temperatures you should post a screen shot to see differences. I'll take a look as soon as I have time with no promis.

On 18/3/2018 at 7:48 PM, Cyberdevs said:

It's not a big deal and there is no rush, take your time, I just reported this just to make sure if it's available or not. Thanks for your time and efforts man :)

Hi, in the meantime you or anyone has a NVMe disk can try the attached command line and post the output?

smarter disk0

It's just a quinck port of smartmontools in obj-c and may not print readable stuff, but I want to see if We got attributes. Thanks!

smarter.zip

Edited by vector sigma

On 18.03.2018 at 9:35 PM, Matthew82 said:

Good work, but unfortunately I have to use your HWMonitorSMC 2 with Kozlek FakeSMC. Better support for new radeon and Skylake X. 

But it is HWSensors3:RadeonMonitor who has support for all new Radeons. Not kozlek.

8 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Dual gpu support must be written, Fun speed depend on your DSDT. About temperatures you should post a screen shot to see differences. I'll take a look as soon as I have time with no promis.

Hi, in the meantime you or anyone has a NVMe disk can try the attached command line and post the output?

smarter disk0

It's just a quinck port of smartmontools in obj-c and may not print readable stuff, but I want to see if We got attributes. Thanks!

smarter.zip

Here is the output of the command on disk0

S.M.A.R.T. check disk: 0  SMARTReadData() failed with e00002de
Error: S.M.A.R.T. attribute check failed for disk 0 with status -536870178

Samsung 960 pro 1 Tb (nvme)

fabios-iMac-Pro:~ fabio$ /Users/fabio/Downloads/smarter disk0
fabios-iMac-Pro:~ fabio$ 

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 7.00.38 PM.png

14 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Here is the output of the command on disk0

1 hour ago, fabiosun said:

Samsung 960 pro 1 Tb (nvme)

fabios-iMac-Pro:~ fabio$ /Users/fabio/Downloads/smarter disk0

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 7.00.38 PM.png

I made some changes (see attached smarter command line), but I can not notice that s.m.a.r.t. it is not enabled for you (see fabiosun screenshot and see mine). also read this:
https://mac-optimization.bestreviews.net/why-apple-drop-support-smart-status-late-2016-macbook-pros/

I don't think any driver or plugins will be able to read something about smart if isn't supported by Apple (or I'm wrong?), anyway should print something about "Got a NVMe disk.." to ensure the disk is found. Tell me..

smart_verified.png.af7fb2648ce676674c4b5272de2fc1b2.png

smarter.zip

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 2

fabios-iMac-Pro:~ fabio$ /Users/fabio/Downloads/smarter-2 disk0
Got a NVMe disk..

15 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

I made some changes (see attached smarter command line), but I can not notice that s.m.a.r.t. it is not enabled for you (see fabiosun screenshot and see mine). also read this:
https://mac-optimization.bestreviews.net/why-apple-drop-support-smart-status-late-2016-macbook-pros/

I don't think any driver or plugins will be able to read something about smart if isn't supported by Apple (or I'm wrong?), anyway should print something about "Got a NVMe disk.." to ensure the disk is found. Tell me..

smart_verified.png.af7fb2648ce676674c4b5272de2fc1b2.png

smarter.zip

Here's the results of the second smarter app:

Got a NVMe disk..
S.M.A.R.T. check disk: 1  SMARTReadData() failed with e00002de
Error: S.M.A.R.T. attribute check failed for disk 1 with status -536870178

@vector sigma

My compilation log ended with

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Volumes/HighHD/Users/Slice/Projects/hwsensors3/package/seticon.py", line 2, in <module>
    import Cocoa
ImportError: No module named Cocoa

The package is created but with HWMonitor v1. Why not v2?

25 minutes ago, Slice said:

@vector sigma

My compilation log ended with

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Volumes/HighHD/Users/Slice/Projects/hwsensors3/package/seticon.py", line 2, in <module>
    import Cocoa
ImportError: No module named Cocoa

The package is created but with HWMonitor v1. Why not v2?

Not sure about python, this is what I have.. the one shipped with the OS:

FrancescoRs-MacBook-Pro:~ vectorsigma$ python -V
Python 2.7.10
FrancescoRs-MacBook-Pro:~ vectorsigma$

and 

FrancescoRs-MacBook-Pro:~ vectorsigma$ which python
/usr/bin/python
FrancescoRs-MacBook-Pro:~ vectorsigma$

please ensure is the stock one. Anyway this is only used to set the image to the package.

About HWMonitorSMC.app I have Xcode 9.2 and the log should show errors or something like that:

"HWMonitorSMC.app v2.x requires Xcode 9 +"

unless the app is built to another location but these are the clear settings:

xcodebuild -quiet -project HWMonitorSMC.xcodeproj \
                -IDEBuildOperationMaxNumberOfConcurrentCompileTasks=`sysctl -n hw.ncpu` \
                -sdk macosx \
                -configuration Release \
                CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR="${SRCROOT}/compilations/HWMonitorSMC2" \
                SYMROOT="${SRCROOT}/compilations/HWMonitorSMC2/obj"

Edited by vector sigma