Yosemite Open Beta

mediamac

180 posts in this topic

I installed the public beta without any problems but now I can't get rid of "OS X Install from SDD-OSX" in my boot list in Clover.  Any idea how to remove that (as opposed to hiding it.)  Also, I want to delete the bloated 5 GB install file but that doesn't make the Clover entry disappear.  It just makes it cause a KP because it can't find the file.

Check Clover's boot log, it will point that new entry to a hidden file in the root directory of the partition that holds the installer. Just delete those files and it won't appear again.

Check Clover's boot log, it will point that new entry to a hidden file in the root directory of the partition that holds the installer. Just delete those files and it won't appear again.

Boy, just now I wish I didn't have 2 hard drives and a solid state drive in my laptop with a total of 4 bootable operating systems.  My boot log has a lot of entries for discovered volumes.  Do you know what the names of the files are that need to be deleted in the root?  I don't want to delete something without knowing for sure that it's the right thing.  Thanks.

bootlog.log.txt

anyone else installed on an mbr partition without any patches? or was just an anomaly here? this is important to know.

I believe its an anomaly because if I install it from OS X, it says that the disk partition must be GUID. If I boot to the USB OS X installer and try to install it on an MBR partition it says "Installation Failed - undefined error 0". 

• Like 2

Do you know what the names of the files are that need to be deleted in the root?

This is the line showing the new entry:

found PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0x0,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,3401B71B-B927-4F4C-A34B-D6D4D3266997,0x64028,0x191CDA98)\.IABootFiles\boot.efi

I believe the folder you should delete is ".IABootFiles” located in the root of your “SSD-OSX” partition. To delete the folder with Finder you'll need to unhide files first:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

Once deleted change “TRUE” to “FALSE” to hide them again.

• Like 2

This is the line showing the new entry:

found PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x0,0x0,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,3401B71B-B927-4F4C-A34B-D6D4D3266997,0x64028,0x191CDA98)\.IABootFiles\boot.efi

I believe the folder you should delete is ".IABootFiles” located in the root of your “SSD-OSX” partition. To delete the folder with Finder you'll need to unhide files first:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

Once deleted change “TRUE” to “FALSE” to hide them again.

Worked like a charm.  Many thanks.

I believe its an anomaly because if I install it from OS X, it says that the disk partition must be GUID. If I boot to the USB OS X installer and try to install it on an MBR partition it says "Installation Failed - undefined error 0". 

oh that´s a shame...

but guys here are fast enough with the patches.

Ok, my first installation of Yosemite (Z97 + 4690K)

On an USB pen for testing purpose (arg it's slow but nvm)

My first impression on the UI with the screens floating around was mitigated... but now that i've got it under my eyes, i really enjoy, it's neat.

The functionalities as well, lots of improvements and intuitive. I'm really pressed about the final product release.

post-497804-0-23577200-1406402093_thumb.png

Ok, my first installation of Yosemite (Z97 + 4690K)

On an USB pen for testing purpose (arg it's slow but nvm)

My first impression on the UI with the screens floating around was mitigated... but now that i've got it under my eyes, i really enjoy, it's neat.

The functionalities as well, lots of improvements and intuitive. I'm really pressed about the final product release.

hi, z97 asus or?

Thanks for the info, downloading now. Can't wait to install it. Wish me luck.  

Specs: Gigabyte GA P35C-DS3R Rev.1.1 

4GB DDR2 Ram

500GB HDD 

XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 550M 512MB DDR2 PCIe DVI VGA

Finally I've reverted (again) to Mavericks, my favorite virtualization program (Parallels) fails horribly (crashes randomly) after the beta update - worked fine in DP4, though plus other glitches like calculator app so I will wait until the final version is released, so I am out of Yosemite testing, maybe I will setup a VM or so

For me the Beta runs very well, but i can`t choose the language before installation

After installation i set to my desired language but the downloaded iTunes v12 is english   :no:

I've remade the installation usb drive, now there is the language selection, but again iTunes only english

Finally I've reverted (again) to Mavericks, my favorite virtualization program (Parallels) fails horribly (crashes randomly) after the beta update - worked fine in DP4, though plus other glitches like calculator app so I will wait until the final version is released, so I am out of Yosemite testing, maybe I will setup a VM or so

Running Parallels on the Yosemite beta without any problems here.  Try reinstalling Parallels.

• Like 1

Running Parallels on the Yosemite beta without any problems here.  Try reinstalling Parallels.

hmmm I've reinstalled it, several times, randomly I got a message saying failed to connect to prl_vm_app or something similar! I haven't gotten it in Mavericks yet. I use this VM for gaming amongst other things without losing my workflow and waiting for reboot to Windows 8.1 native.

In any case, I am using this computer for production -specially programming for mobile platforms Android and Apple and office thingy, I know a Hack is not the best production machine but running a beta wouldn't make it better-  and had some stability issues while compiling, I would try Yosemite again if I had a spare HD laying around.