Undefined error: 0

flava

14 posts in this topic

Hey Guys

I have followed various guides on here and other places to make the usb yosemite installer but when I boot from the installer usb I get to clover then add any boot args that are needed then select the usb stick to boot from - all I get after pressing enter is a black screen.

So I used the MacPwn tool which does all the hard work for you in making the bootable usb, I am able to boot up and get to the installation of yosemite  but it gets to less than a minute remaining of the install and then fails with undefined error: 0

Any help would be much appreciated 

post-1147784-0-64990900-1402232751_thumb.jpg

post-1147784-0-64284500-1402234247_thumb.jpg

Make again your USB, some users reported to get it work after ;) I didn't had this tho :)

Tried that several times still the same issue 

I had the same with macpwn. I think it's todo with installing the boot loader.

I gave up with it and followed this....

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298521-easy-yosemite-1010-usb-installer/

Worked first time.

Matt

Hey Matt

Yes I tried the guide you are on about and once booting to the installer from clover I just get a black screen. I am going to try it again tho ;)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUigKC79q3U

Clover chooses for you a specific mac model based on your hardware which is not supported on 10.10 so you will have to choose another one and put it in your config.plist (smbiosplist from chameleon)or delete the file: /System/Library/Coreservices/PlatformSupport.plist

Look here for clover  http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/SMBIOS

and here for supported models  http://www.macissues.com/2014/06/04/will-your-mac-run-os-x-10-10-yosemite/

Clover chooses for you a specific mac model based on your hardware which is not supported on 10.10 so you will have to choose another one and put it in your config.plist (smbiosplist from chameleon)or delete the file: /System/Library/Coreservices/PlatformSupport.plist

Look here for clover  http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/SMBIOS

and here for supported models  http://www.macissues.com/2014/06/04/will-your-mac-run-os-x-10-10-yosemite/

Thanks for that info mate will have a look at that now and see if I can do it ;)

Ok I ended up deleting the file PlatformSupport.plist /System/Library/Coreservices/PlatformSupport.plist which has got me past my last post I now get this which is weird seeing as I am trying to install Yosemine - anyone ?

Thanks again for the input people

post-1147784-0-71376800-1402257139_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem. The solution is very simple. At the point you selecet the hard disk to install Yosemite don't click install. Choose custom options and at the next menu deselect clover installation. Then install Yosemite and on reboot, reboot back to usb installer and select to boot from the hard drive you put the OS X. The system then loads and you can install if you want clover otherwise you will need your usb flash installer to boot every time.

Ok I ended up deleting the file PlatformSupport.plist /System/Library/Coreservices/PlatformSupport.plist which has got me past my last post I now get this which is weird seeing as I am trying to install Yosemine - anyone ?

Do you have a Mavericks installtion since before, or does the installer just think you do?

I tried installing Yosemite over an existing Mavericks installation. While the installation succeeded, it just wouldn't boot (crashed during boot after installation was done). Finally I just reformatted the drive and installed yosemite to the blank partition, then everything worked great. I would recommend just backing up the files you need and formatting the drive before installation.

Try this OSInstall.mpkg

• Like 1

Cheers that works :)

Ok another update and I am nearly there ;) So I followed Crazybirdy's link and got to the installer and installation was successful I rebooted the computer via usb and got into clover then highlighted the yosemite hard drive which i just installed then pressed the space bar and booted with injected kexts as stated in snaches guide to complete the install, but I am back at this screen :This version of mac osx is not supported

Once again thanks for the help so far guys  :thumbsup_anim:

10433075_10154276519895201_1551970228349

Cheers that works :)

Ok another update and I am nearly there ;) So I followed Crazybirdy's link and got to the installer and installation was successful I rebooted the computer via usb and got into clover then highlighted the yosemite hard drive which i just installed then pressed the space bar and booted with injected kexts as stated in snaches guide to complete the install, but I am back at this screen :This version of mac osx is not supported

Once again thanks for the help so far guys  :thumbsup_anim:

Try to add Mac-F4208CA9 to /Yosemite/System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

or add SMBIOS to /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with ID from /Yosemite/System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem. The solution is very simple. At the point you selecet the hard disk to install Yosemite don't click install. Choose custom options and at the next menu deselect clover installation. Then install Yosemite and on reboot, reboot back to usb installer and select to boot from the hard drive you put the OS X. The system then loads and you can install if you want clover otherwise you will need your usb flash installer to boot every time.

It helped to complete the installation but when I reboot Clover on the usb installer I can only start the installer... I can't select my installed system...?

/edit: First I installed on a SSD, it was invisible. Then I installed on a HDD and I can boot it.

• Like 1