Can't get HD3000 to work on installed Yosemite

RCOO

25 posts in this topic

So, I've installed Yosemite. But when I boot I just get a black screen with the mouse cursor. Which I am able to move.

After a long while, about 5-10 minutes, the login screen finally shows up.

Yet, the resolution is still wrong, and in the hardware info It detects the graphics card but says that no kext's were found.

I'm using DSDT (which i uploaded). It's the one I used on Mavericks. On Mavericks, after placing the DSDT, the graphics would work perfectly.

Also note that on Mavericks I used Chameleon and now I'm using Clover.

I'm also attaching my config.plist.

Can anyone tell me what I should try?

Thanks!

stuff.zip

install this 2 kexts in S/L/E use Kext Wizard. Rebuild cache. Restart. Enjoy QE/CI :)

thanks anyway but it doesn't work for me and I got stuck during the boot process.. I just got an HD 2000 with 7 mb before instead of HD 3000 512 as in 10.9.2

• Like 1

install this 2 kexts in S/L/E use Kext Wizard. Rebuild cache. Restart. Enjoy QE/CI :)

Can I somehow include them before the install? Maybe on the 10.10 folder under Clover kext?

Can I somehow include them before the install? Maybe on the 10.10 folder under Clover kext?

Yes you can. Drop them in to your Yosemite usb S/L/E but after installation you have to install them again in S/L/E on your HD.

Just one tip. You don't need both the files. Only AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext worked for me.

After that I continued using the native AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and it's working fine ;)

• 1 month later...

Looks good, but unfortunately this solution doesn't work for me. I've installed the Yosemite Beta using Clover (r2791, special edition from this thread) and everything works like a charm, except the hd3000 QE/CI.

I've patched those two kexts, but nothing changes. This is strange, because on Mavericks (+ chameleon) all i had to do was to use the proper smbios.plist for the mac mini 5,1 and the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag to boot up with full qe/ci enabled.

The System Information is showing a video memory of 7MB, according to System Report no kexts are installed.

System Specs:

Motherboard: P8Z68-V

CPU: Intel i7-2600k

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance

GFX: Intel HD 3000

Thank you in advance!

Edit: System Information added

Edited by andi95

Looks good, but unfortunately this solution doesn't work for me. I've installed the Yosemite Beta using Clover (r2791, special edition from this thread) and everything works like a charm, except the hd3000 QE/CI.

I've patched those two kexts, but nothing changes. This is strange, because on Mavericks (+ chameleon) all i had to do was to use the proper smbios.plist for the mac mini 5,1 and the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag to boot up with full qe/ci enabled.

The System Information is showing a video memory of 7MB, according to System Report no kexts are installed.

System Specs:

Motherboard: P8Z68-V

CPU: Intel i7-2600k

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance

GFX: Intel HD 3000

Thank you in advance!

Edit: System Information added

If you look at the Info.plist for AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, you'll discover your HD3000 device id is not supported. This is the case with earlier versions of OS X as well. Chameleon injects a device-id that is compatible. Clover does not.

Easily fixed with DSDT patch:

#
# Use this patch to change the device-id of the IGPU HD3000 device
# to 0x0116 for native matching against stock AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
#

# rehabman:
# Change device ID of IGPU to 0x0116 for compatibility with native HD3000 kexts
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "device-id", Buffer() { 0x16, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;
  • Like 1

If you look at the Info.plist for AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, you'll discover your HD3000 device id is not supported. This is the case with earlier versions of OS X as well. Chameleon injects a device-id that is compatible. Clover does not.

Easily fixed with DSDT patch:

#
#

# rehabman:
begin
{\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Thanks for your response. I applied your patch on my DSDT file using DSDTEdit and MaciASL - I hope I've done this right since this is the first time I did something with DSDTs.

I put the DSDT into the boot partition root and restarted, but unfortunately it's still not working, the same error is showing up.

Here are the files I am using.

I put the DSDT into the boot partition root and restarted, but unfortunately it's still not working, the same error is showing up.

With Clover, patched DSDT goes on the EFI partition at /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.

It will not load if placed anywhere else.

• Like 1

With Clover, patched DSDT goes on the EFI partition at /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.

It will not load if placed anywhere else.

I forgot to mention that I've put it into this directory as well (as described in the clover instructions).

I think the problem was the DSDT which I generated. So I've downloaded a DSDT for my mainboard from a guide, applied your patch and... problem solved!

Thank you very much for your help!

With best regards,

Andreas

I forgot to mention that I've put it into this directory as well (as described in the clover instructions).

I think the problem was the DSDT which I generated. So I've downloaded a DSDT for my mainboard from a guide, applied your patch and... problem solved!

Thank you very much for your help!

With best regards,

Andreas

Generally you don't "generate" a DSDT. Using a downloaded DSDT from another computer, as you've discovered, is a bad idea.

Instead, native DSDT is extracted then patched.

Glad you got it going...

Ive got the same problem and used the kexts which were posted on this thread. They didn't work and gave me a blank black screen. Could you please explain the DSDT edit/patch in detail? Newbie in hackintosh scene. I can boot without Graphics acceleration and its totally laggy

Ive got the same problem and used the kexts which were posted on this thread. They didn't work and gave me a blank black screen. Could you please explain the DSDT edit/patch in detail? Newbie in hackintosh scene. I can boot without Graphics acceleration and its totally laggy

Use MaciASL to apply the patch provided in post #8 to your DSDT. Place patched DSDT where the bootloader will load it (depends on the bootloader you're using).

If you look at the Info.plist for AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, you'll discover your HD3000 device id is not supported. This is the case with earlier versions of OS X as well. Chameleon injects a device-id that is compatible. Clover does not.Easily fixed with DSDT patch:

#
#

# rehabman:
begin
{\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Is there a way to do this for a Core i3 4340 HD4600?

My apologies if this is a very simple thing I'm somehow missing.

Is there a way to do this for a Core i3 4340 HD4600?

My apologies if this is a very simple thing I'm somehow missing.

I'm pretty sure the HD4600 id is already in the kext's Info.plist. Check in Info.plist for AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. Compare ids there against your PCI id of the HD4600 device on your computer.

I'm pretty sure the HD4600 id is already in the kext's Info.plist. Check in Info.plist for AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. Compare ids there against your PCI id of the HD4600 device on your computer.

Hmm. Then I wonder why I'm getting no acceleration/use of it. Only one resolution, 5mb of vram, and such...

Hmm. Then I wonder why I'm getting no acceleration/use of it. Only one resolution, 5mb of vram, and such...

I guess you didn't notice there is already a thread for your issue: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298591-intel-hd-4600-qeci-yosemite/

It could be you're not injecting the correct ig-platform-id, or some other issue...

I guess you didn't notice there is already a thread for your issue: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298591-intel-hd-4600-qeci-yosemite/

It could be you're not injecting the correct ig-platform-id, or some other issue...

Oh. Well my apologies as I accidentally I posted on the wrong thread. I'm having these issues in Mavericks, let alone Yosemite. (>_<;) I thought I had found something that may actually help me figure this mess out.

Thank you anyway, mate. Sorry for the hassle.

• 2 months later...

After installing the final version of Yosemite, I'm, once again, unable to enable QE/CI on HD3000...

post-728344-0-41590900-1413760736_thumb.jpg

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks a lot for the patch for clover configuration, I Used MaciASL to apply the patch provided in post #8 to my DSDT. Place patched DSDT in the patched directory and "voila". But there is one more thing, the about mac show Intel HD Graphics 2000 512 Mo, instead of HD Graphics 3000  may be my mistake  ? I have also some little artifacts with this configuration ( and no sound thru HDMI ).

when I start with chimera the graphics is HD3000, the sound is ok thru HDMI and no artefacts.

a little help will be welcome ;-)

when you booted with the result of showing HD2000, were you using clover?  i discovered today, when i FINALLY got my HD3000 working with QE/CI, that if in my config.plist i chose graphics--inject--intel--true, sys info shows HD2000.   if i chose false, then sys info shows HD3000.

further, i opened DPCIManager, and when the graphics shows as HD3000, DPCIM shows framebuffer as SNBFramebuffer, which is right.  when booted with True, resulting in HD2000, DPCIM shows framebuffer as a hex code, which after a google search correlates to a framebufferAzul platform id.  very interesting and strange!

ken

• 1 month later...

kexts not load on my MSI H67MA-E45 B3 with clover showing HD2000 only 3mb,with chameleon shows HD3000 , i was on 10.10.2 , re install 10.10.1 , is not working.  Any help, try few patch kexts i get panic. The board v6 is the issue ? 

GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HD 4600 does works with clover.

• 1 year later...