iMessage doesn't work

13 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I have a problem with iMessage. I know about NVRAM fixes and the others, but in my case, still it doesn't work. Still it is an activation problem.

Now I am wondering how can I resolve my problem. Because I have a two network interfaces, WiFi and Ethernet, I've checked in terminal the 'numbers' of these interfaces and look what I've found!
Last login: Mon May  5 17:57:39 on console
mbp-mateusz:~ mati$ ifconfig 
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
	options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
	inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 
	inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000 
	inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1 
	nd6 options=1<PERFORMNUD>
gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	ether 44:6d:57:13:67:2e 
	inet6 fe80::466d:57ff:fe13:672e%en0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x4 
	inet 192.168.1.26 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
	media: autoselect
p2p0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 2304
	ether 06:6d:57:13:67:2e 
	media: autoselect
en2: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	options=2b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_HWTAGGING,TSO4>
	ether e4:11:5b:57:10:a2 
	media: autoselect (<unknown type>)
mbp-mateusz:~ mati$

Look, my main network interface - WiFi has a name en0. Ethernet have name en2. So why the iMessage still does't work? Should I change a naming of the interfaces?

alexis6669  a very old video, where you can still use the com.apple.Boot.plist. Furthermore, much more factors for the function of iMessage are necessary such as nvram.plist deposit and credit card and so on.

alexis6669  a very old video, where you can still use the com.apple.Boot.plist. Furthermore, much more factors for the function of iMessage are necessary such as nvram.plist deposit and credit card and so on.

old yes but works like a charm even now it's how i got 10.9.3 newest beta to work 

I have a section on my Blog in regards to all the login items for Mac OS X:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/os-x-tweaks/how-to-create-a-recovery-partition-and-enable-all-features-of-icloud-and-imessages/

I apologize for those who seem to want to mislead you. You will need FileNVRam to enable messages however as you can read on my guide that you can create a permeant Nvram file which holds the keys that FileNVRam creates. Those who have been posting misleading information should excuse themselves from this topic. Thank you.

Let us know how it works out. 

• Like 2

i don't have FileNVRam and imessage works as it shows in the video it's self and for some reason and i am thinking it was posting here i was placed under moderator queue ? even through i did nothing wrong