Asus Z9PE-WS D8 Mavericks working 10.9.1

remote.syst3m

63 posts in this topic

I have an issue that has come up. Since using this setup what used to work does not anymore. My Caldigit USB3/ESATA card is no longer working. When I plug drives in, they get power but nothing seems to happen. No mount or anything. I have had this working previously. 

Sunset : Revert to previous kext (Caldigit) for USB3 ports, the "Generic" isn't working on our boards at the moment.

Been testing 10.9.2, but it's not working properly on my side. I managed to boot clean under 10.9.0 and 10.9.1 with GPU on slot 5, but as soon as I update to 10.9.2 the system loads but is slow and unresponsive. I do not know if this is due to the GPU on slot 5, unrecognized CPU, Beta state, anything else...

Tried different GPUs on slot 1 (Quadro 6000, GTX 680) and none is working properly (stuck at PCI configuration), tested the same GPUs on slot 5, system loads but unresponsive and slow.

This happens under Chameleon and Clover with MacPro 5,1 and MacPro 6,1 definitions, so the current bootoaders don't make any difference.

If someone has some insight would be much appreciated...

I have two of these systems running stable, minus audio, cd-rom and onboard USB3. USB2 works fine. I have a caldigit USB3 card that works fine.

Bios 5104, GeForce GT640 in Slot 3. Dual Proc Xeon E5-V1. 

User Kernal Cache, npci-0x3000,darkwake=0,ethernetbuiltin,generate p/c states,drop ssdt.

Using a DSDT I found T0nyX86. I need to build my own but I haven't had time, will do that when the turboing stuff is available.

Syst3m I am also in LA, would love to get your thoughts on turbo stuff in a month or two. That's really the only feature I think were missing.

I have two of these systems running stable, minus audio, cd-rom and onboard USB3. USB2 works fine. I have a caldigit USB3 card that works fine.

Bios 5104, GeForce GT640 in Slot 3. Dual Proc Xeon E5-V1. 

User Kernal Cache, npci-0x3000,darkwake=0,ethernetbuiltin,generate p/c states,drop ssdt.

Using a DSDT I found T0nyX86. I need to build my own but I haven't had time, will do that when the turboing stuff is available.

Syst3m I am also in LA, would love to get your thoughts on turbo stuff in a month or two. That's really the only feature I think were missing.

What DSDT sunset? I can't find a working DSDT for this board.

Sunset1430,

For what bios version are those DSDT? I see one is semi patched... do you know what is patched in there ?

Can't seem to download properly those files, they are on queue but nothing comes...

Been suspended from Tonymac for asking simple questions...

Hello to everyone,

I´m chofete on this forum but i´m "salcazar" on TonyMac forum. I was banned two years ago with mi "chofete" nick, and then after that i used "salcazar" instead.

The DSDTs  sunset is posting are mine. These one doens´t work to get Turbo or SpeedStep.

I have just tried 10.9.2 combo update (the one that rampagedev says that works OOB with LGA2011) with SSDT and MacPro 6,1 smbios and it doesn´t work (speedstep and turbo).

We need to investigate a lot more... I´m thinking on use Windows 8.1 to work.

Hola Sal,

Como estas ? I will be extracting a proper SSDT for our board tomorrow ! and will also post a patched kext to see if things go better.

At the moment it doesn't work OOB because our CPU isn't being detected properly... that's the only reason. So we will have to trick the system, either that or inject data. Still don't know.

My problem right now is that I cannot run on slot1 without kext (PCIofamily, AHCI, etc), and those doesn't work properly with 10.9.2... or I have to boot with my GPU on slot 5 or 7, but  then after installing 10.9.2 the hole system get slow and unresponsive.

I know those DSDT doesn't work for Turbo, but do you know what is patched inside ? Just trying to get my GPU working on slot1.

You can PM me in spanish if you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunset,

I've generated a proper SSDT but no dice, and I'm still fighting to get 10.9.2 working properly on my rig. A new beta is out and the new Nvidia drivers are also available, so I will clone again my stable partition and test it to see if I get a proper 10.9.2 partition booting.

To be able to have Turbo/Speedstep/PM on our boards and processors you need to be on 10.9.2, that's where the codebase is merged with the Mac Pro codebase. If you use the Mac Pro 6,1 smbios, you will see that when updating to 10.9.1 you will have to update twice, first the regular one, then the Mac Pro release.

But as stated before, for me to be able to avoid using kexts like IOPCIFamily and AHCI, I need to have my GPU on the 5th or 7th slot. But when updating to 10.9.2 it's just lagging like hell, so either it doesn't like my GPU, either there is something in the updated kexts that doesn't work properly. I think it's related to the kexts, thus my trial with Nvidia drivers later on.

Didn't had much time to work on this lately, so will keep you posted on this.

• 2 months later...

Hello again,

It seems that unlocking the Bios we can get PowerManagement and Turbo working.

Arkanis seems to achieve it and now i´m trying to do it too.

Yesterday i unlocked the Bios (i think), i must research a little more things, but my geekbench test scores more than before.

We will update the info when it will be more clear.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am trying to install 10.9.1 Mac OSx on my Z9 PE D8 ,always get stuck at PCI Configuration Begin ,even tried lower versions like 10.8 & 10.7 they too get stuck there

Have tried -v -f pic=0x1000 to x3000.

PLease help what I may be missing here.

• 1 year later...

Been testing 10.9.2, but it's not working properly on my side. I managed to boot clean under 10.9.0 and 10.9.1 with GPU on slot 5, but as soon as I update to 10.9.2 the system loads but is slow and unresponsive. I do not know if this is due to the GPU on slot 5, unrecognized CPU, Beta state, anything else...

Tried different GPUs on slot 1 (Quadro 6000, GTX 680) and none is working properly (stuck at PCI configuration), tested the same GPUs on slot 5, system loads but unresponsive and slow.

Did you get OS X working smoothly? And if so, how exactly?

I have a similar system (Z10PE-D8 WS / 2x E5-2680 v3) and that also works unresponsive and slow..

By the way, happy christmas!  B)