Battlestar Season 3

Swad

35 posts in this topic

I!!!!

I saw the old series in the eighties (here in Brazil in the Sundays they broadcasted Galactica and Buck Rogers in the afternoon!!), and I was suprised to zap one channel here and see something like it. Was the PILOT.

I searched the Internet got it and of course, saw the first two seasons.

Yesterday I saw the last webisode and the Season 3 preview.

It airs tomorrow, isn't it?

Yep, tomorrow night on SciFi. I picked up watching the series late in the second season, now I'm considering buying the 1st and 2nd in boxed sets. It really is a great show, deep, dark and mysterious in ways the original series could never have been.

I won't say it's better than the original since I love all the episodes of that one, I'll just say I like the new "facelift" quite a bit. :poster_oops:

bb

It was a double episode?

Nice, dark!

Maybe this season will show how they will defeat temporarily the Cylons and leave New Caprica, and in the next they will track Earth again.

What I like most is the mix of technologies and some old school stuff like pens and papers to write a note.

I was blown away. I love the way they've started the series and all the nuanced plot lines regarding suicide bombing, terrorism, occupation, etc. It's a lot like Nazi germany.

Should be a great season. For what it's worth, I think Sam will die.

I like how Apollo is now this overweight commander who's lost his edge heh, can't wait to see the Apollo we remember from before though.

I wonder what Sol will do when he finds out his wife is the reason the Cylons found the resistance meeting in the woods?

The way it ended and the next episode preview that followed ruined the suspense a little, but can't wait for episode 3.

• 3 weeks later...

You know when they say "so-and-so held their breath", well that's exactly what I was doing when Galactica jumped into the atmosphere of New Caprica!

The destruction of Pegasus was expected and I have to say the way it was done, taking with it 2 Base Stars was great! ;)

I wonder if Apollo stripped the ship and the stuff behind with the civilian fleet... would be a waste if the ship with all its resources (other than the Vipers that were already with the civilian fleet) just blew up.

I don't think he is, no. I have loved the series, all seasons and episodes. It is a masterpiece of tv. Now they are back in a fleet, as they were, before pegasus and now it will get interesting. The baby is gone, Baltar is at large, and the reprocusion of what happened on new Caprica will come to light. Can't wait!

I keep thinking, the Cylons now are like humans, but they missed and old gadget, an GPS.

Sharon as a Cylon, if equipped with a GPS, the fleet and Galactica wouldn´t have a chance.

I'm not sure about this 'GPS' analogy... GPS only works on Earth, even there you can walk into an urban canyon like a street surrounded by tall buildings and you'll disappear. Nit picking aside, I don't think Cylons have tracking systems in them. If they did the Cylons would have found the fleet sooner. The only reason they came to find them was because of the nuke's radiation decay.

Colonel Tigh killed is wife... I wonder what impact this will have on him now...

When Sharon learns that Hera is alive, everything she believes in, the uniform she now wears will be all a lie to her. In a way parallels can be drawn as to how she felt when she found out her life was a lie when learning she was a Cylon...

• 2 weeks later...

The GPS can be like the same way they spot a Colonial or Cylon ship on DRADIS.

Sharon will be a important piece (again) on this plot.

A human virus that kills the new cylons is really crazy. Lets way till next friday.

This series is kinda different from others (like lost) where one episode is good and the other is so-so. Every single episode of this season is great! I hope we do not have the same schedule of last one, that were 10 episodes, a break and then the other 10.

I like the fact that you cant even remotely anticipate where it's going. So much different than original BG, which was basicly just a soap opera in space. (sucked too).

I'm really liking the Colonel Tigh development too. Cause I thought he was an old hasbeen before (like Dubya), who seems to have found a purpose (unlike Dubya).

I'm excited for Friday.

I´m in the middle of the 7th episode, and now I remembered the old series.

Now Balthar is a real traitor for the human mankind.

Great.

The only flaw is that they may be able to create a "weapon" to kill the cylons, but till now nothing is mentioned and they lost the beacon...