Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition

TheNavigator

127 posts in this topic

I think the function keys are related to the same kext that drives the touchpad if I remember correctly. I'll see if I can find it.

By the way, I would avoid Yosemite for the time being if you were still thinking about it. Once it's released though you should have the same compatibility as Mavericks.

If you want to experiment with DSDTs and it doesn't work you can have your boot loader ignore the DSDT when you reboot.

I don't use Clover, but with Chameleon the boot flag is DSDT=null. It should be easy enough to find what the correct syntax is for Clover.

The files in the package were DSDT.aml and ssdt.aml (plus a few other ssdt files), exactly as my own files are names. I used those and it went as I expected, it broke, Mac wouldn't boot anymore, so I had to restore the old ones.

• 3 weeks later...

But of course, remember that it is a DP build so it will be more prone to instability. So if 100% reliability is a priority I would wait until Yosemite is released. Otherwise go for it.

• Like 1

Hello

I would wait until Yosemite is released.

Me too... I don't wanna use Yosemite in this moment... i tested it and many things crash... Photoshop and many others cools apps gone to crash with Yosemite DP... i'm just waiting or a final version(GM), yosemite will be a greate os B)

• 2 weeks later...

Nope I'm not aiming for stability, just a trial, maybe I'll be the first one to write a guide for this laptop, you know.

I didn't try it yet, unfortunately don't have enough time, but I'll let you know how it went once I'm done.

MacPwn shows "Installation failed". I made sure the Install OS X 10.10 Developer Preview.app thing is in Applications, still didn't work. One more thing I noticed, in the customization list, the names like "Clover" and "Chameleon" are not shown, instead, there's something like "LIST_MEMBER_ITEM_1" - "LIST_MEMBER_ITEM_2" or so. I don't remember exactly. Some of them are shown, though, not all of them are that way. Weird.

Hello!

You have to add Voodoops2 kext in the same way as the other installed ones by following the guide. Try Rehabman version. Google for his Github. With loaded PS2 drivers you can bypass the search for bluetooth keyboard and mouse/trackpad by pressing spaces.

Have fun.

Well, I remember that I tried those, but I'm going to make sure. Thanks! :)

Regarding Yosemite, whoa. The installation went smooth, and it booted, although it's extremely, EXTREMELY slow. I'm going to use the post installation package in few minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

I got HDMI to work by replacing that device string thing with IntelCapriFB=4 GraphicsEnabler=Yes dart=0, and patching my AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext. However, I can't get HDMI audio to work.

New Chameleon plist and patched kexts are attached.

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext.zip

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

Hey guys please help me, I have been trying to get proper installation of niresh mavericks for so many times now. Every time I booted with "-x -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" as told by gundamfj. But I am not getting proper results.

When I select IGPEnabler=Yes option at customize option during installation then it does boot after installation. http://www.insanelym...-1399411078.jpg

When I selected Backup Graphics Kexts-Move Intel Graphics Extensions at customize options during niresh installation, then at least it booted but resolution stuck at 1024*768 and sound not working, touchpad not working.

So please tell me, which entry should I select at customization option during installation.