Aperture 1.5 with removed hardware checks

Bruce Wang

31 posts in this topic

you can do this on your own without getting if off torrents. just right click on the aperture icon > show package contents > contents > Info.plist > change "AELMinimumOSVersion" to your version and "AELMinimumRAMSize" to 0 if you don't have 1gb.

urig-herb, it might not be running on your system because the guy that modified those files may not have set the value for "AELMinimumOSVersion" low enough. try changing it to 10.4.5 and it should work.

This cracked version may require an update - a piece the cracker forgot to include with the main file. Go to Demonoid and search for "framework" - between the results you'll find one related to Aperture. it is less than 100 kbytes :compress:

This piece is FOR SURE required for 10.4.6 and below. I don't guarantee it'll make Aperture run on such systems, but it is worth a try :blink:

This cracked version may require an update - a piece the cracker forgot to include with the main file. Go to Demonoid and search for "framework" - between the results you'll find one related to Aperture. it is less than 100 kbytes :)

This piece is FOR SURE required for 10.4.6 and below. I don't guarantee it'll make Aperture run on such systems, but it is worth a try :)

Thanks! Now it works, nice! :)

Edit: I can't import anything in the library, aperture hangs :(

Here is my own two cents. I recently reinstalled a fresh 10.4.8on my system and installed Aperture 1.5 but it would not load. So I installed the missing frameworks and still nothing. So I installed Aperutre 1.0, got that working and then laid the 1.5 onto and now it works great.

• 2 weeks later...

Munky, I have tried to duplicate the problem you have described but I do not have that same problem. My Loupe works fine. How did you install Aperture?

Boris

update: if i click inside the new scalable Loupe, it draws a smaller circle inside the loupe circle, and then the machine hangs with spinny beachball o'doom.

i had 1.1.2 installed, and installed the green dem*n version over the top. it didnt work so i had to download the additional framework from the aforementioned dem*n.

i am using 10.4.7 (10.4.5 myzar + 10.4.6 quixos manual method + 10.4.7 JaS), on an intel D945GTPLR, GeCube X1800XL 256Mb PCI-E, neopheus 3.2 (i think).

maybe 10.4.8 will fix it. what are you running?

i had 1.1.2 installed, and installed the green dem*n version over the top. it didnt work so i had to download the additional framework from the aforementioned dem*n.

i am using 10.4.7 (10.4.5 myzar + 10.4.6 quixos manual method + 10.4.7 JaS), on an intel D945GTPLR, GeCube X1800XL 256Mb PCI-E, neopheus 3.2 (i think).

maybe 10.4.8 will fix it. what are you running?

Munky, when I first installed Aperture 1.5, I did so on a fresh install; JaS's 10.4.7 with his 10.4.8 patch. And the program would close as soon as I clicked it open. I got the missing frameworks and still the same failure. So, I dug out my original Aperture 1.0 (I never toss out softeware) and reloaded that. I applied the crack with Hexedit to get it to run and then just installed Aperutre 1.5 atop the 1.0. Now it runs great. I do like the program for easy fixing, color batching, etc. I did a shoot last week, I just needed to view the images and tweak the colours a tad wormer and voila, Aperture was a snap but I am still so used to Photoshop CS2 for real work. Still, nice piece of software.

My system is a ASRock 775 Dual 915gl mobo, Celeron D 330J 2.15ghz, MSI X1600 PCI-e 256mg video card and neopheus's 3.2 patch (yes, I got lazy but he did a great job)

I hope that helps you out my friend,

Boris

update: i think the problem was caused by my OSX boot partition being full. seems like Aperture is trying to grab a {censored}load of virtual ram as soon as I try to do the drag loupe operation.

i'll clear some space and retry this.

aberracus: Intel D945GTPLR, Pentium D920, GeCube ATI X1800 256Mb PCI-E

well, clearing space from the boot disk didnt help. basically, to recreate my problem:

use the new style loupe (the one you can leave in place without it following your mouse pointer)

now click and hold within the loupe. a white circle kinda zooms in to the middle to show where the loupe is targetted. drag the mouse somewhere else on your picture and let go of the mouse button. this works for me.

now change the scaling factor (100% to 200% or whatever) and try again

on my machine, Aperture hangs, nothing repsonds for while, and then it 'unexpectedly' quits.

I installed it (Aperture 1.5) and ran it without problem.

And I can imported the pictures from iPhoto library and generated thumbnails without problem too.

When I did adjustment with picture, the thumbnail becomes black. But after I undid adjustment the picture, the thumbnail came back to normal.

I don't know why. Someone can help me?

Many thanks.

Lazetime, I just tried out your problem on my install and just as I said to Munky, I cannot duplicate the problem. What I did notice was a temproray moment of darkenss on the thumbnail but then I also noticed that it was processing the image and when it was done, the thumbnail returned to normal. Maybe this is a warning of some kind? What size were your files? Mine were about a meg in size and I have 1 gig of ram. I hope this helps out some.

Boris

I installed it (Aperture 1.5) and ran it without problem.

And I can imported the pictures from iPhoto library and generated thumbnails without problem too.

When I did adjustment with picture, the thumbnail becomes black. But after I undid adjustment the picture, the thumbnail came back to normal.

I don't know why. Someone can help me?

Many thanks.

Hi, Boris. Thanks for your help.

I use RAW files and around 6MB of each file. I can use Aperture 1.1.2 without problem in my Jas 10.4.7.

But when I upgrade to version 1.5, I have black thumbnail problem. I still can do adjustment and other features without problem under 1.5.

Version 1.5 just show me black thumbnail. >,<

Hi, Boris. Thanks for your help.

I use RAW files and around 6MB of each file. I can use Aperture 1.1.2 without problem in my Jas 10.4.7.

But when I upgrade to version 1.5, I have black thumbnail problem. I still can do adjustment and other features without problem under 1.5.

Version 1.5 just show me black thumbnail. >,<

Interesting lazetime. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was working with jpegs. Maybe that is a difference? I am not sure. I will shoot off some RAW files and tell you the results but you will have to wait til morning ( I am using XP on my box right now. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone)

• 3 months later...

let me say that is a bit frustrating..what??!!

Yes ,the fact that a lot of important apps is located on demonoid and I haven't the invitation...Can somenone please send me an invitation on pm...pleeeeeaase!!!

Thank s a lot in advance. :wub: :wub: