Graphic Issue or something? GeForce GT430 Dual Display

tragediana150

29 posts in this topic

:ninja: :ninja:   Hi all again!!   :ninja: :ninja:

Due to the fact that I can not fully describe all the problems associated with graphics - I recorded the video .
To improve the quality of the video - you can download it from the second link (sorry for the file size - it's m2ts format (Sony HD) and can be read by VLC player).

1. File to download (M2TS Format)

http://www.4shared.com/file/9BZ2GMfR/00444.html

2. Video to watch

So the system installed by the program myhack.app (but it probably does not matter , because as I make the installer manually , it is the same effect ) .

Removed kext NVDAResman.kext - it allows you to see your desktop.

Extra folder includes:

FakeSMC.kext
AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext
corecrypto.kext
VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext

Flags ( see the video ) :

andy_kernel npci=0x2000 -v -blacklist PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

andy_kernel - andy latest kernel :)
the same results on the kernel bronzovka .

No QE/CI, glitches, artifacts...It looks as if Shane did not do the fix. Looks like without the graphic fix :(

If I use only GraphicsEnabler=Yes or only PCIRootUID=1 there is noname graphics card on my "System Info"

In addition, our friend + ira did for me DSDT that works perfectly on Snow Leopard . In Mavericks , unfortunately, does not work ( GE=Yes / GE=No) .

Exactly the same problem I had with Lion and Mountain Lion , but I thought it was a issue of graphics - but if this problem is solved , it must be something else.

P.S. If you want, I can get any file, setting, ioreg, etc. from my Mavericks to help you to help me :D so just tell me what you need :)
:help: :help:     Please help    :help: :help:

Hi Tragediana, first enable P-State and C-State generate in Chameleon wizard save and reboot for test...

If your have same probleme select Drop SSDT in Chameleon wizard save and reboot for test...

If is not good, select GraphicsEnabler and VBIOS in Chameleon wizard... reboot and test...

I wait and see your result...

(sorry for my bad(very bad) English) ;)

Hi Tragediana, first enable P-State and C-State generate in Chameleon wizard save and reboot for test...

If your have same probleme select Drop SSDT in Chameleon wizard save and reboot for test...

If is not good, select GraphicsEnabler and VBIOS in Chameleon wizard... reboot and test...

Ok, so I downloaded AMD_Kernel_And_PM_REL2 package by Andy and installed VoodooPState.kext and System.kext into my Mavericks.

In Chameleon Wizard I enabled Generate P-States and Generate C-States, saved and reboot. This is an results - the picpost-1100208-0-38156600-1384174924_thumb.jpg

Then I blockkexts=com.apple.kec.pthread - because the KP causer. Results - PC froze on the line "VoodooPState.kext loaded" or something.

When I add one more flag - enable Drop SSDT - I can boot to the system, but no changes - the same like my first post here. And PStatesChanger.app doesn't work.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes and VBIOS=Yes - notrhing changed - no QE/CI, no PStateChanger.app

Should I try to do this without VoodooPState.kext and System.kext from Andy?

(sorry for my bad(very bad) English) ;)

Your english is not bad :) I understand your clues :)

I don't think you're going to get QE/CI without having NVDAResman.kext installed.

But if I don't delete the NVDAResman.kext my boooting is working until "NVDAStartup Official" and then the screen goes black and the monitor falls asleep.

EDIT: So what I need to do to boot to the main desktop with NVDAResman.kext? Any ideas?

EDIT: But I will try again now. I will install the NVDAResman.kext and post my results.

Anyway, thank you rlf ;)

With NVDAResman.kext installed, try booting with -x.  You still won't have QE/CI, but you might bypass the black screen.

My research indicates that very few people have had any success with the GT430 graphics card.  Perform a Google search with the following two keywords:  gt430 site:www.insanelymac.com

With NVDAResman.kext installed, try booting with -x.  You still won't have QE/CI, but you might bypass the black screen.

Nope, -x flag didn't help. There is still black screen after loading NVDAGF100HAL.kext.

I will try to search for something on google :) I searched one year ago, when the Mountain Lion is out, and people says that GT430 is working quite good (but not for me).

But I'll try.

My GT430 worked OOB with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Do you have a hex string injected in your boot file? If you do remove it as it breaks the graphics.

No, I don't have a hex string :)

EDIT: I've made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. I tried to delete any AppleIntelHDxxxx.kext and plugins - no results

2. I tried to paste NVDAResman.kext and NVDAGF100HAL.kext from Lion and Mountain Lion - no results

3. I tried to install WebDriver for 10.8.4 (only the kexts inside the pack) - no results

4. I downloaded a 10.9_ALL_Nvidia_GT_430_Native_Lastest_Driver_by_KemalALKIN pack from osx86 and replace the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext in System/Library/Extensions - full QE/CI and no glitches and artifacts (only on the icons there is something unclear - the small black line on the right side of icons). Oh, and the Launchpad is sometimes Pink, sometimes normalc colour - I don't the reason of these colours :)

Flags:

npci=0x2000   -v   -blacklist   GraphicsEnabler=Yes   PCIRootUID=1

EDIT: Now is one problem - this is working only with one monitor/display. When I plug in second display - system is not booting - "NVDAGF100HAL is loaded" - both screens goes black.

Someone has any idea? (It's hard to plug and unplug the monitor when you using osx and windows :D)

So, Natit.kext is not working because of GraphicsEnabler=Yes. And when GE=No, the system doesn't boot.

I have an idea to use the standard flags from Chameleon - display_0 and display_1.

Information from Chameleon:

display_0=<value> Inject alternate value of display-cfg into NVDA,Display-A@0 (HEX).
display_1=<value> Inject alternate value of display-cfg into NVDA,Display-B@1 (
HEX).

It is easy but...check this out :blink:

post-1100208-0-98819900-1384199032_thumb.pngpost-1100208-0-69529000-1384199040_thumb.png

The diplay-cfg is the same for both displays...

So I need to paste this identical HEX entries to the Chameleon? hmm?

Congratulations!

Could you give more details please?

1. Which exact kernel from andy are you using?

2. Did you use his PM kexts?

3. What's your exact chameleon version?

4. Which other kexts did you install?

5. Did you create a smbios.plist? As described by KemalAKIN?

6. What's the manufacturer of your GT430?

7. What are your chameleon settings?

I am trying with an AMD Phenom 9600 on a Gigabyte ga-ma790x-ds4 with an Asus GeForce GT 430 with no success so far.

Hahahaha :D specific message. I will post that, but you need to wait

EDIT: So here I am ;)

1. I am using kernel from AMD_Kernel_And_PM_REL2 pack by Andy (I don't know on which page is it, you need to find it yourself :) I think it's above page number 200)

2. No I didn't because it's not working on my machine

3. The newest Chameleon 2.2svn r2266

4. My Extra folder is in my first post. Nothing changed. Only AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext added to S/L/E.

5. I created SMBios.plist in Chameleon Wizard (Mac Pro 5.1 but it's working on Mac Pro 3.1 and iMac 13.2)

6. Gigabyte GeForce GT430 1024MB

7. In Chameleon I've got set only SMBios.plist. The rest is the flags (I write it manually on booting) (see above)

Ok, so this is it. I've checked "display-cfg" in IORegistry Explorer on Mavericks:

post-1100208-0-44697600-1384273432_thumb.pngpost-1100208-0-44659900-1384273442_thumb.png

There are different from the Snow Leopard (previous pictures - previous post)

I tried display_0=<03010300>

display_1=<ffff0001>

and unfortunately it didn't work :(

I have got two displays:

1. DVI

2. VGA

When I plug one monitor to DVI, there is normal resolution for my display (1280x1024)

But when I plug the monitor to VGA port there is no correct screen resolution (800x600). In addition, that option can not be changed because there is no 1280x1024 resolution on the options list :/

YEAH, thank you very much for the hint. I have played arround with so many kernel extensions and kernel versions and chameleon options.

I can confirm that the kernel from AMD_Kernel_And_PM_REL2 works fine.

I can also confirm that on VGA Connector I do only get a resolution of 1024x786 and no option to change it. With a HDMI->VGA converter I do get the correct resolution for my display (1280x1024).

QE is enabled, but there are the typical artifacts for example at the volume names on the Desktop reported by many others.

USB3.0 PCI card and onboard firewire seem to work fine.

Benchmarks show 70MB/s on Hitachi HDD connected via onboard SATA.

Onboard Audio does not work out of the box (did not work on that yet).

• Like 1

With a HDMI->VGA converter I do get the correct resolution for my display (1280x1024).

Woooow!! So with the converter it works just fine? :) Good news, maybe when I connect my second display by the VGA-->HDMI converter/adapter to HDMI port it will be working...I need to buy this device :)

But when I plug the monitor to VGA port there is no correct screen resolution (800x600). In addition, that option can not be changed because there is no 1280x1024 resolution on the options list :/

You can correct this, by doing this:

1. Change the resolution of the monitor to something else (doesn't matter, just unequal to standard). This is necessary for the system to create the files you need to edit.
  2. Reboot
  3. Edit "/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist" and "/Users/user/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver-XXX.plist"
  4. For all Display-Sets (though you can delete all but one), look for the values for height, width, x-resolution, height-limit, width-limit. Just look for the values and change them to your resolution.
  5. Save and reboot.
  • Like 1

Thanks @denbie but there is much easier solution - SwitchResX - but that's not the question at this point.

:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:  I've did it again!!!!!!!  :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

I bought a cable DVI--->HDMI and connect my second monitor to HDMI port in computer. I was convinced that this will not work, but but surprisingly it works!! :)

Mavericks detect two monitors at the startup with correct resolution (1280x1024). I am sooooooo hapoy :D

But there is some strange problem - two Finders :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

And each of them is working properly. It is not a mirror image of the monitors. I can not turn off the second Finder - something like two personal desktops spaces.

For the first time in my life I see such a thing :D :D :D:hysterical: :hysterical:

The pictures from both monitors (numerated: 1-Left and 2-Right)

post-1100208-0-50071100-1384379138_thumb.pngpost-1100208-0-77203500-1384379155_thumb.png

post-1100208-0-91948500-1384379178_thumb.pngpost-1100208-0-84809400-1384379196_thumb.png

post-1100208-0-18240700-1384379212_thumb.pngpost-1100208-0-14606600-1384379230_thumb.png

Any ideas? :D

• Like 1

No ideas as this is the new multi monitor feature of OS X 10.9. It's not a mistake, it's just as Apple wanted it to be. There is one menu bar for each display but only one single dock.

You will notice that you can run an application in fullscreen on one monitor while working in another application on each other display.

• Like 1

No ideas as this is the new multi monitor feature of OS X 10.9. It's not a mistake, it's just as Apple wanted it to be. There is one menu bar for each display but only one single dock.

You will notice that you can run an application in fullscreen on one monitor while working in another application on each other display.

What??!! What a f...ed up idea with this Multi Monitor feature :( And how do I get Logic Pro working on dual monitors? I had always the piano roll and the main menu on the first screen and mixer on the second - it is sad :(

By the way thanks for the explanation :)

Its the new Mavericks multiple monitor setup. If you hover on the bottom of the second screen the dock will switch screens ;)

Woooooow :D It's amazing and funny :D

Edit: Anyway - i's working :)VGA connector is too old (I think) so you need to use only DVI's and HDMI's connections :thumbsup_anim:

What??!! What a f...ed up idea with this Multi Monitor feature :( And how do I get Logic Pro working on dual monitors? I had always the piano roll and the main menu on the first screen and mixer on the second - it is sad :(

By the way thanks for the explanation :)

Woooooow :D It's amazing and funny :D

Are the piano roll, mixer and main menu separate windows? You could just drag them onto the appropriate screens.

Are the piano roll, mixer and main menu separate windows? You could just drag them onto the appropriate screens.

Yes, they are separate windows. I am stupid :wallbash: :wallbash:  sorry for the stupid question :D It will be work by dragging to the second screen - you're right, thanks :)

• Like 1

Shanee, thanks so much for the dock advice (hovering over on the second screen to make the dock appear there). It happened to me often, and I always thought it was a bug haha, so I would reset displays by changing resolution. Now I know :D

• Like 2