Beginners guide to UEFI Triple/Dual boot OS X, Windows and Linux (Kali) on an single true-gpt ssd

155 posts in this topic

you have a typo? :P in \bootmgfwW.efi remove that second W

Thats strange, i im installing ubuntu as quad boot now, i will look into this tonight ok byt tomorrow youll have a answer

ALSO REMOVE DRIVE UUID the code on the first block, no need for it

Also Enable Fill name, there is a little box infront you can enable it by clicking on it

no just a optical one, how to disable the one in the middle?

it shows my windows system partition dopple.

Confirm picture in post #8. right upper corner, hide volume BOOTX64.efi

thx..

but now i have a other big problem! i run the update to 8.1 pro and now i have no more access to the system partition.

in osx i get the msg if i want to map with efimounter: chown /volumes/efi/bootsect.bak: operation not permitted

how i get access back?!

ps: in windows the partition is always hidden and if i mount manual i have no access too.

update: i open explorer in admin mode (windows) and remove the read only attrib on efi directory.

no i have access but if i use efimounter get boot.bak bad error.

how to set chmod on disk0s2 (system-efi)? can tell me anybody the full command please.

thx..

but now i have a other big problem! i run the update to 8.1 pro and now i have no more access to the system partition.

in osx i get the msg if i want to map with efimounter: chown /volumes/efi/bootsect.bak: operation not permitted

how i get access back?!

ps: in windows the partition is always hidden and if i mount manual i have no access too.

update: i open explorer in admin mode (windows) and remove the read only attrib on efi directory.

no i have access but if i use efimounter get boot.bak bad error.

how to set chmod on disk0s2 (system-efi)? can tell me anybody the full command please.

I dont know what you have done, but proberly better to start over again and use windows 8.1 pro usb installer instead, just download a torrent and use a legit key.?

I just start the auto update in win 8 and it prompt me to upgrade to 8.1 pro. now the system partition is hidden and write only. I hope i can fix it up in osx by chmod cmd but i don't know the command!

I just start the auto update in win 8 and it prompt me to upgrade to 8.1 pro. now the system partition is hidden and write only. I hope i can fix it up in osx by chmod cmd but i don't know the command!

me neither sry ask in chat

where i can find grubx64.efi file?

Like my guide says, install Linux with a Ethernet cable connected, then at the installation it will ask for a network source, do this and it will install the grubx64.efi in the main /EFI/ folder which you can reveal with osx and mount the main EFI

Like my guide says, install Linux with a Ethernet cable connected, then at the installation it will ask for a network source, do this and it will install the grubx64.efi in the main /EFI/ folder which you can reveal with osx and mount the main EFI

I have internet connection when install linux. A few days ago (no internet connection), I could get boot into the linux partition using clover, i have old pc and theres no UEFI. and now for some reason, after installing linux mint (Qiana) and choose linux bootloader to be placed on linux partition, I can not boot into linuxmint from clover. try to repair grub it's still same. :(

I have internet connection when install linux. A few days ago (no internet connection), I could get boot into the linux partition using clover, i have old pc and theres no UEFI. and now for some reason, after installing linux mint (Qiana) and choose linux bootloader to be placed on linux partition, I can not boot into linuxmint from clover. try to repair grub it's still same. :(

zip youre whole efi folder upload it and share, ill take a look

hmm... do y know why the windows one isn't showing at boot?

No,,, did you verify the file is located there?

Can you boot directly from uefi into windows with F11 F12 key?

Send me config.plist but first try /EFI instead of \EFI

i trai both but nothing change.

if i use F11/F12 just the screen resolution change +/-

attached information:

/dev/disk0

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk0

1: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC               1.0 GB     disk0s1

2:                        EFI SYSTEM                  209.7 MB   disk0s2

3:         Microsoft Reserved                         134.2 MB   disk0s3

4:       Microsoft Basic Data Windows                 42.9 GB    disk0s4

5:                  Apple_HFS OSX                     74.9 GB    disk0s5

6: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC               8.7 GB     disk0s6

clover: v2870, clover-config: 4.13.0

http://cl.ly/3u3V3i3j3r3U/config.plist

i trai both but nothing change.

if i use F11/F12 just the screen resolution change +/-

attached information:

/dev/disk0

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk0

1: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC               1.0 GB     disk0s1

2:                        EFI SYSTEM                  209.7 MB   disk0s2

3:         Microsoft Reserved                         134.2 MB   disk0s3

4:       Microsoft Basic Data Windows                 42.9 GB    disk0s4

5:                  Apple_HFS OSX                     74.9 GB    disk0s5

6: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC               8.7 GB     disk0s6

clover: v2870, clover-config: 4.13.0

http://cl.ly/3u3V3i3j3r3U/config.plist

I mean from boot menu from uefi, there is some key for you so you will see all boot entrys... it should work tough strange.....Let me ask otherwise, are you oeven able to boot into windows, on any way?

Yes the system partition is shown by clover boot menu and i can boot windows up. Osx is there too and will boot all so, but windows isn't shown to boot

My suggestion, remove clover.config and make it again, there is somethin wrong i think

Hey,

Looks like an awesome guide! can't wait to try. Also, How woukd I change my steps if I am interested in using windows on one hdd and osx mavericks on another? My laptop has two, 1tb hdds.

Thanks!

Thanks well it basicly the same, but instead of choosing windows on the first disk just isntall it to the second one, clover should regonise it automaticly

• 6 months later...

Hello! Ive recently created for myself a pc that can boot into windows 8.1 and os x 10.10. I have each installation on a separate SSD formatted to UEFI and GPT. I can boot into each installation, but only from going into the BIOS and selecting the correct drive. I have tried installing clover to dual boot but it hasn't worked... :( does anyone have any instructions or guides to point me to?

Thanks in advance for your current work and future work!

Hello! Ive recently created for myself a pc that can boot into windows 8.1 and os x 10.10. I have each installation on a separate SSD formatted to UEFI and GPT. I can boot into each installation, but only from going into the BIOS and selecting the correct drive. I have tried installing clover to dual boot but it hasn't worked... :( does anyone have any instructions or guides to point me to?

Thanks in advance for your current work and future work!

Can you boot into Clover? if so you need to edit the clover.plist file in /EFI and create a menu entry for the other harddisk.

if you cannot boot into clover from hdd, insert usb off clover, boot from it, go to options, add as boot entry. From there on go the osx and edit the clover.plst

Thanks for such a quick response! I re-created the OS X installer usb and booted into clover. I tried adding it as a boot entry, -I think... I'm not entirely sure I did the right thing... what do I do the the clover.plist once I'm into OS X

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for such a quick response! I re-created the OS X installer usb and booted into clover. I tried adding it as a boot entry, -I think... I'm not entirely sure I did the right thing... what do I do the the clover.plist once I'm into OS X

Thanks in advance!

open Clover configurator find youre the path of the efi loader from windows, it should be someting simulair to /EFI/windows/ if you want i can teamview in youre osx to take a look cause this is a long time ago for me. Also check the wiki of clover.plist

• Like 1