Can I install Mavericks?

rossi56

8 posts in this topic

I don't plan on upgrading my PC apart from RAM so here are my specs atm.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
P5Q Pro Motherboard (NOT UEFI)

1x 320GB SATA HDD
1x 250GB SATA HDD

AMD Radeon HD7770

Right now my 320GB hard drive contains Windows 8 and the 250GB is for Storage. Before I bought the 7770, I was running iATKOS ML2 with a Radeon 6450 flawlessly until I decided to upgrade my graphics card. Since I dualbooted Windows and Mac and my time was usually spent on Windows for work purposes, I never really thought of checking to see if the new graphics card would run OOB. Turns out 10.8.2 had no support for it, and after I heard 10.8.3 introduced support for the 7xxx series I tried it out. Didn't work. Only a good hour later I discovered that Chameleon needed onboard graphics to boot. My motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics nor a 2nd graphics card slot.

I'm up for any suggestions.

P.S Since having OS X on my machine I haven't changed any BIOS options (e.g AHCI, SATA) so no problems there.

Thanks!

you can get the gt 640 or gtx 650 somethings above to get it running. if you don't need real powerful graphics card, you can get gt 610 work ok, bring me the benefit is audio over hdmi on the tv.

I try radeon 7770, for me it is so difficult to make dual boot with window and have the good graphics perform.

OSX 10.8.3 or above.

• 3 weeks later...

haven't been able to use my PC because of school lately but I used that tutorial and booting up from USB will either get stuck at boot0:done with a ton of alien looking letters or just simply boot0: done

At the moment I see this:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done

I can't use integrated graphics nor do I have another graphics card so anyone could find a workaround for me? I don't quite know how to look for it since everything shows "use integrated graphics"