[Guide] Mavericks on Asus P5Q Deluxe (P45 Chipset)

CarmeB

49 posts in this topic

boxmm.jpgdw1547243.jpg

Welcome! With this guide I want to show you how install Mac OS X Mavericks on Asus P5Q motherboard, in my case Deluxe model.

Let's start to see requirements:

USB Pen drive almost 8Gb (if you have a smaller one, you can use as a toothpick)

Full work Mac OS X installation (virtualized or not, it doesn't matter)

Mavericks DMG

Pandora app

For what concern BIOS settings, here they are:

STORAGE CONFIGURATION
CONFIGURE SATA [AHCI]

CPU CONFIGURATION
C1E SUPPORT [ENABLED]
MAX CPUID VALUE LIMIT [DISABLED]

CPU TM FUNCTION [DISABLED]
EXECUTE DISABLE BIT [ENABLED]

INTEL SPEEDSTEP [ENABLED]

ONBOARD DEVICE CONFIGURATION
MARVELL IDE [DISABLE] ---> In "ENABLED" Se avete dischi IDE

USB CONFIGURATION
TUTTO SU [ENABLE]

POWER
SUSPEND MODE [s3 ONLY]
REPOST VIDEO ON S3 RESUME [YES]
ACPI 2.0 SUPPORT [ENABLE]
ACPI APIC SUPPORT [ENABLE]

BOOT
1st Boot Device [ USB ]
2nd Boot Device [ HDD]
3rd Boot Device [DISABLE]

• Now, open Disk Utility, select your magic pen drive and format.
  • Select "Create Installer" and then it asks you to reboot system to install Pandora terminal theme. When reboot is completed, re-open Pandora app.
  • You will see a window like this:
  • post-674334-0-28034300-1374280020_thumb.         Write 1

• post-118732-0-17619500-1382368733_thumb.jpg Write 
  • post-118732-0-75551200-1382368836_thumb.png If you have custom files like ACPI tables, or SMBios.plist files, you can paste into the window that popup (InsanelyBox folder). Write Y, if Yes. N if it isn't.
  • post-118732-0-84276700-1382369190_thumb.jpg Write 1 for Mavericks
  • post-118732-0-84136500-1382369294_thumb.jpg Click on Maverick Installation icon, and drag  it into the Pandora terminal window. Then, press a key to continue.
  • When the examination of files will be completed, drag the pen drive icon into the window and start the files copy.
  • post-118732-0-14359800-1382547369_thumb.jpg Write 2
  • post-118732-0-56252600-1382547497_thumb.jpg Write 4.
  • Leave it to finish all and then reboot your PC from USB to start the installation.

After you choose the hard drive, you can continue to the installation or customize it. Click on Customize and flag:

post-118732-0-71999700-1382370083_thumb.jpg In modules, I've selected all but HDAEnabler and FileNVRAM
post-118732-0-15386100-1382370099_thumb.jpg RTC patch, Chameleon Wizard, Kext Utility and ShowAllFiles.

For me, the installation took a bit more than usually, maybe for my old test system (Core2Duo E4400 2.0 Ghz with just 2mb L2 cache and a Samsung 501 hard drive of 500gb with 16mb cache.

When the installation is completed, reboot, press F8 on your keyboard and boot from hard drive.

The PC would boot without problems.

post-118732-0-20725200-1382370369_thumb.jpg

I haven't installed any other kext except for ethernet (for audio, i have a Creative Audigy 2, so I don't use the onboard card - kX Audio drivers)

Attached here you will find:

HWSensors 5.3.901 (updated version and compatibile with Mavericks, it will install FakeSMC, Plugins, and HWMonitor

IONetworkingFamily (Marvell Yukon 80E8056 - tnx to ErmaC :>)

If you don't want to custom your installation, you can complete as it is. You can install all is checked above, after, with the post-installation tool in Pandora.

Thanks also to Fabio1971 for his work on Mountain Lion installation on the same board (without him, I couldn't realize my guide) and azlim16 for some suggestions about Mavericks installation.

Thanks all folks! :)

A presto  ;)

UPDATE 23/10/2013: On final release 13A603 to have working HWMonitor, you have to install FakeSMC from HWSensors 5.3.820 attached to this post, then don't reboot and install HWSensors 5.3.901 HWMonitor+FakeSMC Plugins.

HWSensors.5.3.901.pkg.zip

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

FakeSMC v5.3.820.pkg.zip

Hi

I also just installed 10.9 on my P5Q Deluxe.

Everything is working just fine, except one problem.

I can't get my sound working. My old kexts that have been working since 10.7 lead to a boot freeze on Thanks in advance!10.9.

Does someone have a solution?????

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I also just installed 10.9 on my P5Q Deluxe.

Everything is working just fine, except one problem.

I can't get my sound working. My old kexts that have been working since 10.7 lead to a boot freeze on Thanks in advance!10.9.

Does someone have a solution?????

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried this?

Let me know if works :)

Hey, thanks for your guide!

Unfortunately I'm not able to get it running as the installation always aborts. I attached two screenshots that are hopefully helpful to see what could cause this error. Some infos about my setup:

Intel Core2Duo E8400
ASUS P5Q motherboard (not a Deluxe or -E or something else, just a simple P5Q)

4GB DDR2 @ 1066 MHz

Club 3D ATi HD4870 / 512 MB

PLEXTOR 64 GB SSD

1,5 TB WesternDigital HDD

Realtek 1839 familiy PCI-E ethernet-card

LG BluRay drive

Thank you very much for your help :) .

post-1232480-0-69901000-1382542523_thumb.jpg

post-1232480-0-78024700-1382542536_thumb.jpg

Hey, thanks for your guide!

Unfortunately I'm not able to get it running as the installation always aborts. I attached two screenshots that are hopefully helpful to see what could cause this error. Some infos about my setup:

Intel Core2Duo E8400

ASUS P5Q motherboard (not a Deluxe or -E or something else, just a simple P5Q)

4GB DDR2 @ 1066 MHz

Club 3D ATi HD4870 / 512 MB

PLEXTOR 64 GB SSD

1,5 TB WesternDigital HDD

Realtek 1839 familiy PCI-E ethernet-card

LG BluRay drive

Thank you very much for your help :) .

Have you tried including dsdt.aml in your installation? Try this

I have a P5Q-E

The 2 packages included work great for networking and shutdown etc.

Does anybody happen to have the drivers for the AD2000B Onboard sound working in Mavericks? If so, how?

Have you tried this?

Let me know if works  :) A user said that the kext works with Mavericks

dsdt.aml.zip

Thanks for your help guys :) . I tried it with an "clean" boot-disk (no additional files added) and another boot-disk with some files added that I got from my osX86 ModCD including "FakeSMC.kext" and some other kext's. Used them because they working great with an 10.6 installation - everything works right out of the box without need to install other kext, etc... So I thought it might be a good choice to use them on the boot-disk too :D . But they are maybe not compatible anymore with 10.9..?

So I will try to use the files you guys linked here and will let you know if that worked for me :) .

Have not had chance to try that

I'm a little bit green on DSDT as I have never had to use it before, I've always used myhack, and added the required kext files after initial install.

Is it easy to use DSDT? What is the best tool to do it? Can I break my install?

Have not had chance to try that

I'm a little bit green on DSDT as I have never had to use it before, I've always used myhack, and added the required kext files after initial install.

Is it easy to use DSDT? What is the best tool to do it? Can I break my install?

What BIOS version do you have? If you have 2301 version, you can try with this dsdt. Follow the guide and copy the dsdt in the InsanelyBox that pops up when the Pandora app ask you if you have custom files.

For a not perfect solution but at least for stereo output working use Voodoohda.

It sometimes makes a few probs but you have stereo.

I hope someone will find a better solution.

Perfect for me, it works

Did a fresh install of mavericks so all sound drivers were back to stock, then installed the latest voodooHDA

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/1194-voodoohda-2-8-4-pkg-installer/

Stereo sound only, and input isn't working, but I don't use that so it does not matter for me.

Finally got it working :D . Turned out that I missed to set BIOS-setting to "MAX CPUID VALUE LIMIT [DISABLED]"...  :whistle:

So now it's running nice and smooth. Graphics, sounds, ethernet working great and stable! Just one thing is a bit annoying... Starting apps took a while. Not very long, but longer than it took at 10.6. But except of that, I'm very happy!

Thanks again for this guide :) .

Did you get your sound working with voodoo or another solution?

I didn't installed any sound-kext since I'm using the integrated USB-soundcard in my Logitech G510 keyboard. That device works right out of the box without any additional kext's :) .

Finally got it working :D . Turned out that I missed to set BIOS-setting to "MAX CPUID VALUE LIMIT [DISABLED]"...  :whistle:

So now it's running nice and smooth. Graphics, sounds, ethernet working great and stable! Just one thing is a bit annoying... Starting apps took a while. Not very long, but longer than it took at 10.6. But except of that, I'm very happy!

Thanks again for this guide :) .

Perfect :)

Installation do not start.

Boot from usb was successfully.

PC freeze when GF100.hal was loaded.

GFX: NV GF580

:(((

UPG: Solved by: 

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
in org.chameleon.boot.plist

Installation Success!!! 
TNX!
  • Like 1

Hi.  It;s been a while since I played with myhackintosh.  I'm running SL 10.6.8 on a

P5Q3 Deluxe.

I wanted to upgrade to Mavericks, but when I go to the app store to download it I get

"An unknown error has occured."

I've tried for a couple of hours now to get around this, but I have been unable to download Mavericks.

Is there any chance you could send me a link to the downloaded Mavericks installer?

I wanted to upgrade to Mavericks, but when I go to the app store to download it I get

"An unknown error has occured."

I solved it by adding "EthernetBuiltIn" in my boot-file. I used "Chameleon Wizard" to edit the boot-file. There is an extra option to add that string to the boot-file. After a restart I was able to download Apps and Mavericks from the App Store. 

And make sure that your smbios.plist is set up too. You can edit it too with Chameleon Wizard. I choosed an iMac that matches my PC-configuration. There shoulld be one configuration with an E8400 CPU if I remember correctly. That should match you setup pretty well.

I'm not too familiar with Chameleon Wizard, but i did install it and I already had EthernetBuiltIn in

my org.chameleon.boot.plist.

I changed my SMBIOS to Imac with almost exactly same configuration as my rig.

I will reboot and test to see what happens.

well, I tried with the following from CW and still get the same error message trying to download.

post-398704-0-06608700-1382818352_thumb.png

post-398704-0-22721700-1382818378_thumb.png

Try to link the smbios.plist to the org.chameleon.boot.plist. You can do that by checking "SMbios.plist" in the "org.chameleon.Boot"-editor and search for the smbios.plist by hitting the "+"-symbol and save it then reboot.

(Removed the last part of my answer as you are still on 10.6 and don't have a Mavericks-installer, sorry :-P ) 

And another edit:

Try to use one of the premade SMbios.plist that you can choose in the editor. As far as I know the most common problem for this issue is that the App-store can't verify your PC as an official Mac. Using one of the pre-mades will ensure that you have an serial-number for your Hackintosh, etc...