[GUIDE] Dell L421X (XPS 14 late 2012) OS X Mavericks 10.9 installation

FelipeZé

38 posts in this topic

finally i did it

:thumbsup_anim: the dream come true :thumbsup_anim:

it run good so far

but

first:

the touchpad is not smooth and three finger not working :blush: !!!!!

is there kext for touchpad ???? :)

second:

the wifi card it does not work :blush:

which wifi card is working with mac ?????? :yes:

what is ite name????

big thx to WWW.insanelymac.COM AND to its people ;)

Did you just followed the guide and it's working (besides touchpad and wifi)?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I got this to work perfectly with my XPS14 however I have one problem. I have two SSD's sata and msata. I have Windows 8, Ubuntu, Kali Linux and MAC OS installed, my problem is that the chameleon bootloader installed with this method does not see the Ubuntu or Kali Linux. If I use the latest clover on a USB stick I am able to boot into Windows and both linux systems but cannot boot into Mavericks, I have tried installing Clover onto the hard drive however this also breaks my ability to boot into Mavericks. Does anyone know of a solution?

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Trackpad works fine now. Now my problem is that the usb doesn't work unless i have a usb item plugged into my laptop when it boots. the lights to the flash drives do not even turn on. It can't be a hardware problem because it works just fine if i have anything connected at boot up. Once it boots up, I can connect and disconnect usb items with no problem. But if i happen to boot into osx without a usb device connected, the whole usb interface is off i think

• 2 weeks later...

Trackpad works fine now. Now my problem is that the usb doesn't work unless i have a usb item plugged into my laptop when it boots. the lights to the flash drives do not even turn on. It can't be a hardware problem because it works just fine if i have anything connected at boot up. Once it boots up, I can connect and disconnect usb items with no problem. But if i happen to boot into osx without a usb device connected, the whole usb interface is off i think

Did you fixed it?

Hi, How do I get the DVI and the miniDisplayport to work in parallel so that I can use both external displays. My DVI Monitor + internal works flawlessly. when I attach a monitor to the miniDisplayport both other monitor are flickering for short time but the second display isn't recognized at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you fixed it?

You have to install proper GenericUSBXHCI driver and boot with flag -gux_defer_usb2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

my xps 14 laptop config is exactly same.

I managed to install by follwing all the steps.

I have Ethernet,Bluetooth,Battery level,Touchpad functionning fine

But

screen is flickering if i open safari scrren. Even icon magniying is flickering.

In screen setting Video Card is detected as Internal HD4000. See attached images.

I think i missed something. Any help to make the Video function perfectly ?

Thank you

post-641542-0-20364800-1409777676_thumb.jpg

post-641542-0-08304600-1409777697_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

This might be a late response but might be helpful for others who follow this guide and experience the same issue. The OP contains patched files for 10.9.0 and will work up to 10.9.3.

If you're installing with 10.9.4 or 10.9.5, you'll lose QE/CI with the included FB patched for HDMI. You'll need a new patched FB (AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext).

Restore with the vanilla kext and you should have QE/CI again but without HDMI audio, or patch the current FB for HDMI for you installed version of Mavericks.