Graphics - No GPU Power Management

chevalier433

270 posts in this topic

Confirmed working here with LuxMark and OceanWave. Card clocks back down after the benchmarks end.

If I had a hat I'd eat it because after all this time I thought nVidia wasn't going to do anything about this.

With my GTX 660 doesn' back down after the bench. But using preview for a picture doesn't affect the GPU now. :(

Have you got the AGPM edits?

No, there is a patch for the GTX 660 AGPM ? I haven't find it yet.

Does current CUDA driver work with the new Nvidia driver or we have to wait for the update?

CUDA driver need to be updated.

No, there is a patch for the GTX 660 AGPM ? I haven't find it yet.

It's not a patch, is to get AGPM working with your card. I have the GTX 650 and I edited the AGPM plist, I removed the 660M entry and replaced it with mine. Now AGPM loads in console with my card entry. I am using the iMac 13,2 smbios. I don't know if I found the instructions here or on tony mac.

Does current CUDA driver work with the new Nvidia driver or we have to wait for the update?

We will have to wait for a cuda update. I just removed the preference pane so as to not keep popping up on every reboot

I'm back in Windows now but I ran CUDA-Z earlier to check if the card was still clocking up and down OK with CUDA and it seemed to be working fine with the 6.0.37 driver.

• Like 1

Installed the driver. Confirmed NVIDIA fixed this.

Opened Preview clock speed didn't change AT ALL :)

Opened Luxmark clock speed ramped up, after benchmark clock speed went down to normal.

CUDA says it needs to be updated but there is no update available.

To stop the CUDA prefpane popping up on startup, just delete the /Library/LaunchAgents/com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist file.

Also, if you prefer to use the Apple drivers for any reason, you can replace the libclh.dylib file in /S/L/E/GeforceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ with the one from the web driver (GeforceGLDriverWeb.bundle) and still have working power management.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have this problem with an old mobile Geforce 105m.

Mac os natively supports it, but there are no drivers available in nvidia site, so how can I fix it ?

Do I have to add the flag to boot.plist?

First you say card is natively supported then you ask "how can I fix it"? Your post is self contradictory.

Let me guess your answer:

The Nvidia drivers are universal but obviously you need to select a card that's available in a "Mac version" to get to the download. Select Geforce GTX 680, then you'll see.

Hello, thanks.

Probably there was a misunderstanding ... I mean my card works properly without a particular kext, or injection, or graphic enabler.

I read somewhere that was really used in old macbook with other name (but same chipset, only down clocked)

Anyway I have this bug too, so I would like to try this driver and I'm happy to hear that is universal.

I'll try later, thank you.

• 2 months later...

I have a quick question for you all. I have been following this topic for a while since 10.9 first came out. Ever since 10.9.4, the webdrivers cause a panic on shutdown or reboot. They worked perfect and fixed powermanagement for my card on all lower versions of OSX. Ever since I updated to 10.9.4 the drivers have been giving me problems. I figured it might be a an isolated incident, so I did a fresh install of OSX and the drivers still panic. The original osx drivers work normally, however the bug is there and the clock sticks. Am I the only one to experience this issue?

Im using a GT 640, and MacPro4,1 Smbios.