10.4.8 server update - Now Available

Neonkoala

21 posts in this topic

If you are running 10.4.7 Server then I need people to test a 10.4.8 Server Universal update. It is based on Kiko's RC2 patch with all the server contents from MacOSXServerUpd10.4.8Univ. SSE3 testers most likely to have no problems. SSE2 may do. I will be testing this on my SSE2 system first so if it goes wrong I will only need SSE3 testers. Thanks to Kiko for his patch.

EDIT: I am no longer testing this on my SSE2 system due to reports of only being able to gain Kernel access and GUI. This means I am after only SSE3 testers now.

I am running OSX Server 10.4.7 on the following :

I am available to test the 10.4.8

Dell Dimension 5000

Intel Pentium IV Prescott (SSE3)

SATA HDD

Intel GMA 900

AC97 Audio

Even though everything is configured on my machine but in system profiler it doesn't shows audio, network.

Both of my machine's nic are configured which are Broadcom and AMDTEK.

Regards

I run Mac OSX Server 10.4.7 on a HP desktop with SSE3, I am able to test as well.

I will PM you all when I get home tonight with the SSE3 update however I should now be able to also build an SSE2 update thanks to the CoreGraphics workaround. So I need one or 2 SSE2 testers too.

Now available on our favourite "evil being" site. It requires a 10.4.8 update to have been installed along with 10.4.7 server before installing this. SSE2 seems to work (for me anyway). Please report back here - mainly SSE3 problems as SSE2 isnt complete.

Sorry this one shouldn't be used anymore, the update that was approx 60mb was buggy and unreliable, especially on SSE2. You use the new update that is about 300mb as this is a complete update that works on SSE2 and 3 and does not require updating to 10.4.8 first, straight from 10.4.7 server to 10.4.8 server now.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, I had installed 10.4.8 server installing first 10.4.7 JaS, installing server 10.4.7 packages and then updating to 10.4.8 server, but now I made a fresh OSX install using JaS 10.4.8, what do I have to do to install the server packages?

* install the 10.4.7 ones and updating to 10.4.8? before or after reboot?

* install server 10.4.8 packages directly? (if so, are theypublished at any tracker?)

* other mehod? which?

Thanks. I really love this community and i hope i could contribute to it soon.

I'm afraid the only way which I know will work for sure is 10.4.7Server + 10.4.8 Server update however if you install the 10.4.7 Server packages on your 10.4.8 then ran the 10.4.8 installer it should work. You may need pacifist for some of it. If you wait a while I will probably work on a new 10.4.8 server update for 10.4.8 with the new kernel so it is optimised for the new kernel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update:

Those that are wishing/waiting for a 10.4.8 Server version of OS X with the new kernels - I have got my dev partition together again so will be aiming to release a 10.4.8 Server install DVD soon. I will open a new thread if and when I have a working installer. Bear in mind I aim to support SSE2 so dev is dependant upon the SSE2 kernel development.

• 1 month later...
Update:

Those that are wishing/waiting for a 10.4.8 Server version of OS X with the new kernels - I have got my dev partition together again so will be aiming to release a 10.4.8 Server install DVD soon. I will open a new thread if and when I have a working installer. Bear in mind I aim to support SSE2 so dev is dependant upon the SSE2 kernel development.

did you need help for build this dvd ?

(or have you leave the idea of making it ? cause the 10.4.8 install runs with 10.4.7 server package.)