Nvidia 9800 GTX+ have issue with connecting Projector

roy4ever

12 posts in this topic

I have mountain Lion running and everything works except i can not connect Projector to Nvidia Card

My Hardware:

Asus P6t Deluxe V2

Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512mb

i920

As soon as i connect my projector to card the system freezes up and if i rebot with projector pluged in it loads up system but insted of coming to log in page it shows gray background with nothing on it.

Can some one please help to get rid of this problem.

What i am trying to achieve is have Monitor pluged into main DVI port and have projector pluged into second DVI port so that i can use projector as extended display.

Thank you in advanced.

Sorry I can not help you, but I can ask a question, have you ever gotten you run your graphics card in 10.6.8?, I have one just like yours and I have been trying for months to set it up correctly in Snow Leopard.Thank you very much.

No I went straight to mountain lion. I booted using unibest guide and booting with PCIRootUID=0

• 1 month later...

I have this issue too.

My Hardware:

Gigabyte EP45-DS3P

Core2Quad Q9300

9800GTX+ 512MB

I have 2 DVI and DVI to HDMI connected to plasma TV.

In Snow Leopard 10.6.0 dual display works unitl I update system to 10.6.1 or other.

In mavericks don't work.

I have not found a solution for several years from 10.6 to 10.9

Hello Gringo Vermelho, I as Grzesiek811, went from 10.6 looking for a solution to this problem during a lot of time.
I indicate my configuration:
Core Quad Q6600
P5Q Pro (updated to the last version)
Asus 9800 gtx,  with 2 exits DVI and 1 S-video, connected to direct cable dvi/hdmi
Monitor: 2 Hanns'g with entry HDMI with capacity HDCP
S.O.: 10.6, 10.6.8 and 10.8.5

I have read all your suggestions about the arrangement across display-cfg, so much injected into the NVEnabler, as in the dsdt.aml, device-properties, injecting the rom of 8800 GT, Nvcap (04000000000003000c0000000000000700000000) obtained in windows and with nvcap marker, have to say that the value Nvcap across ioreg I could never obtain it, nevertheless in 10.6 I have this Nvcap (04000000000003001c0000000000000a00000000) and in 10.8.5 ((04000000000003001c0000000000000700000000) .

I have tried everything unimaginable and I have never obtained anything.

Even all the values and possible combinations on display-cfg, with me Id 0612 in NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext.
macbook pro 8600GT: 03010000 - ffff0001 (this is the value that gives to me ioreg in 10.6 working quite)
macbook pro unibody 9400: 03010300 - ffff0801
macbook pro white 9400: 03010300 - ffff0201
mac pro 8800GT: 03010000 - ffff0001
imac 24 ' 7600GT: 03035000 - ffff3601
Apple TV 7300Go: 01ff0000
mac pro 7300GT: Ffff3600 - 00ff3e01
powermac 6800GT: 00ff3600 - 00ff3e01

On having read the thread on the capacity of the monitors HDCP, I thought that there could be there the problem, which does not do well the conversion of DVI to HDMI, but it cannot be like that because in 10.6.0 I have working two monitors and activated QE/CI, translucent bar, etc only with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but from this version I have never been able to have two monitors working not even QE/CI.
In 10.8.5 yes he recognizes after me well the card but it has never worked with QE/CI, I have using so much GraphicsEnabler Yes as dsdt.aml, chain of values, rom, I even have used adapter of DVI to HDMI and neither.

I know that you have had 9800 gtx and I believe that you are the only person who can help the few ones that we have this big incoveniente.

As last option I am trying the installation of Maverick to see if he gets the problem ready, because I already do not have any more options to try.

I believe that this problem him happens only to some holders of 9800 gtx, because others yes that can make her work.
Can it be that this card does not work with QE/CI beyond the version 10.6?, it is for keeping on trying it or desisitir definitively.

In windows works perfectly with graphic acceleration and with two monitors.

I do not discard that it has harmed in any of the procedures.

If some day you could help us to solve this problem, personally it would be eternally grateful to you.

And if someone has his card 9800 gtx with two DVI working that does to us the favor of indicating us how.

Thank you very much to all.

Good research there, by now I think you know more than I ever did.

I can't help you, I only ever used DVI+VGA or DVI+TV-Out (component, with a CRT SDTV) on my 9800 GTX+ (Device ID 0x612, IIRC there's also a 0x613).

I've never used the DVI to HDMI adapter, nor the pass through HDMI sound.

I don't really remember anymore, I think I was using VBIOS=y with GraphicsEnabler in the end. No display-cfg or custom nvcap injection.

One thing that's important is that on the 9800 GTX+ you can only use two displays simultaneously at any given time on OS X. So if OS X thinks that there's a display connected when there isn't then that could have something to do with it. If you're working to enable a certain combination of ports it's possible that you must also deliberately disable the ports you're not going to use.

But I don't know, I could be talking out of my a** here, it's a long time ago in Hackintosh years. I remember Krazubu (NVEnabler co-author) posting diagrams of which combinations of ports could be enabled. If someone can help you, it's him.

That's far-fetched and doesn't make a whole lot of sense...why would you suggest that? Personal experience?

What's in a GTS 250 BIOS that isn't in a 9800 GTX+ BIOS? Nothing OS X related...that's pretty much guaranteed I guess.

Besides...if the solution is in the BIOS...why not simply inject a GTS 250 BIOS from /Extra with Chameleon. Much easier not to mention less risky.

ramarlero:

I found something for you...in a folder named "9800 GTX+ patched BIOS" so I guess I remembered wrong. I can no longer remember what was done to it or who did it, but I do know that I never flashed it to the card, I must have been loading it with Chameleon. Here it is if you want to try: 10de_0612.zip

I would suggest that u guys try to crossflash this card to GTS 250 and inject through DSDT.

Thanks for the suggestion Xpamamadeus, but the truth is that I believe that it is a little risky and my economy in these moments does not allow me to run a risk like that, since I might remain without card, if my economy was better would try it.

That's far-fetched and doesn't make a whole lot of sense...why would you suggest that? Personal experience?

What's in a GTS 250 BIOS that isn't in a 9800 GTX+ BIOS? Nothing OS X related...that's pretty much guaranteed I guess.

Besides...if the solution is in the BIOS...why not simply inject a GTS 250 BIOS from /Extra with Chameleon. Much easier not to mention less risky.

ramarlero:

I found something for you...in a folder named "9800 GTX+ patched BIOS" so I guess I remembered wrong. I can no longer remember what was done to it or who did it, but I do know that I never flashed it to the card, I must have been loading it with Chameleon. Here it is if you want to try: attachicon.gif10de_0612.zip

Thank you very much for answering Gringo Vermelho, I have unloaded the rom that you have raised, have proved it, and neither it works, admits the card but without graphic acceleration. Some time ago also I proved a rom that you raised it 'wf10de0612.rom' and neither was luck, I have gone so far as to try roms Acuamac, Beerkex, Bigfish, etc .. and all with the same result.

I have followed also Krazubu and have done all the tests with NVEnabler, neither NVEnabler_64 and was luck.

In end only I can only try with Mavericks, which is giving me a little of problem the installation and to see that it happens. If I achieve that it works some day I will put it in this thread so that it serves the others but I do not believe that happens.

I will have to remain in 10.6

Once again thank you very much for answering so rapidly, it is an honor to be able to converse with you.