Aurora R4 perfect hackintosh but... only Speedstep problem :(

yengalvez

10 posts in this topic

Hi! I converted my Alienware Aurora R4 in a Hackintosh and... work perfectly!!! Sound, Usb3.0, all!!

I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] without dsdt, and chimera. I am new in this procedures.

But... My problem is that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement dosen't work for me. I try all!

-Tried NullCPU... but I loss the overclocking velocity, and fall from 4,2ghz to 3,2ghz.

-Tried Patched... and patched by me too, but AICPUPM give me everytime a Kernel Panic.

-Tried install Clover, and use UEFI, but is the same problem. KP.

-Tried make my dsdt with dsdt editor, and a sdst with the generator. But nothing.

-Couldn't use Voodoo Pstates to make a dsdt, because I use ML and don't load.

-Tried all in the config boot, and nothing... I read all the post abour the error, but nothing nothing.

Snif :( Please help me... Manual overclocking don't work. I tried it, but... multiplier of A07 bios didn't work.

I only think to... patch the bios. But I don't know if that is possible, or... a good idea.

I'm desperate. Thanks for help!!!

More information is required. What boot loader do you have? You need a properly patched DSDT, patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext and a SSDT. However, if you use Clover boot loader, like I do, then you do not need a SSDT; generate states work fine with Clover. Since you want to over-clock, you'll need a custom SSDT.

Sorry :) boot loader the last chimera. I make 2 or 3 dsdt, without patch, with genenic patches and with recommended patches. AICPUPM patched, differents versions, and SSDT made with differents generators, including maciasl.

I tried clover:

1-I Install osx with unibst.

2-Install latest clover in UEFI 64.

Run in UEFI, but again kernel panic with the AICPUPM.

I have a SSDT with my maximum velocity of 4,2ghz. I tried the multibst SSDT to 4,2 and I made other with maciasl. But nothing :( i'm desperate. Snif... 30 hours without sleep anything with this problem. Trying all options... I don't know what is the problem...

you can search help with the developer of the(-I Install osx with unibst.) not here, please read rules!!!!!

For all those who don't yet know our position about tonymac, and your [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] software, your Forun, Tolls, links, thank you for reading  http://www.insanelym...ort-tonymacx86/   

p.s : pls read the forum rules  !!! 

InsanelyMac doesn't support tonymac's tools.

Thanks!!!!!

Sorry!! I have this installed with Clover too. Sorry to mention the other.

This two images are from the boot os my hackintosh in clover with UEFI (in legacy is the same).

wa42.jpg

ccmk.jpg

Please... anybody can help me with this problem? I try patched kext, patched by me too, and the error is there :(

Thanks!!!

Do you boot with DropSSDT=yes and Generate C/P States=no. That KP panic seems to be SSDT related. I believe so because I have the same one when I had a bad/no SSDT. The other KP related to AppleIntelCPU...kext lists AppleSMC as well when the AppleIntelCPU...kext is not patched or if you don't have a BIOS mod. 

But just to be certain, how did you patch AppleIntelCPU...kext? And what kind of processor do you have?

Do you boot with DropSSDT=yes and Generate C/P States=no. That KP panic seems to be SSDT related. I believe so because I have the same one when I had a bad/no SSDT. The other KP related to AppleIntelCPU...kext lists AppleSMC as well when the AppleIntelCPU...kext is not patched or if you don't have a BIOS mod. 

But just to be certain, how did you patch AppleIntelCPU...kext? And what kind of processor do you have?

I download differents versións from AICPUPM from internet, and I tried to patch with sudo... too, in terminal. But notihng... And tried with differents SSDT, made with DSDT Editor and MaciaSL. Same problem :(

I have a i7 3930k. I don't know if I can patch my BIOS and the benefits of do it... I'm afraid that the PC will bricked. :(

Forget the BIOS mod, it's not necessary in my opinion. Let's use what I use. What is your current boot loader? Just so I can decide what strings you should use. Also, are you using the optimal SMBios for your specifications. I have no idea about desktop SMBios, other than MacPro 3,1. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I converted my Alienware Aurora R4 in a Hackintosh and... work perfectly!!! Sound, Usb3.0, all!!

I use ##### and ##### without dsdt, and chimera. I am new in this procedures.

But... My problem is that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement dosen't work for me. I try all!

-Tried NullCPU... but I loss the overclocking velocity, and fall from 4,2ghz to 3,2ghz.

-Tried Patched... and patched by me too, but AICPUPM give me everytime a Kernel Panic.

-Tried install Clover, and use UEFI, but is the same problem. KP.

-Tried make my dsdt with dsdt editor, and a sdst with the generator. But nothing.

-Couldn't use Voodoo Pstates to make a dsdt, because I use ML and don't load.

-Tried all in the config boot, and nothing... I read all the post abour the error, but nothing nothing.

Snif :( Please help me... Manual overclocking don't work. I tried it, but... multiplier of A07 bios didn't work.

I only think to... patch the bios. But I don't know if that is possible, or... a good idea.

I'm desperate. Thanks for help!!!

Hi there! Patch your AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement kext. Generate SSDT with RevoGirls script to 43 4300. In bios set overclock per core (not all core) and set for 4 core multiplier 42 and the rest multiplier 43. Restart and your good to go ;)