Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

Another theme? :)

Let me know the exact name of the theme and I will add it to the theme access list so you can add it to the repo if you want.

Thank you blackosx ! the name  is  hmf  

I put two background for the Clover theme Manager

one with Hackintosh Montreal France  the other with  Welcome to the Clover Boot  Manager  :D

Hi chris1111

Your original hmf theme files total 6.5MB. I have compressed them to 2.6MB.

Please take a look at the attached files and let me know if you are happy with the quality. If yes, I will update the theme repo with them.

EDIT: Attached files removed as they are now in the theme repo.

Hi chris1111

Your original hmf theme files total 6.5MB. I have compressed them to 2.6MB.

Please take a look at the attached files and let me know if you are happy with the quality. If yes, I will update the theme repo with them.

Verry happy :D  How did you compress like this ?

By using the same principles I described at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288685-clover-themes/?p=2098642

For the background images I resaved them from Photoshop as 8-bit rather than 24-bit.

EDIT: I've replaced the files on the repo with the optimised versions.

Thank you For your time and your Work B)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually, that image on the wiki was fudged together by somebody using elements from black_green_v1. If there's enough interest, I could dig out the files from 2012 and release the themes compatible with today's Clover. Here's a screenshot of each from my mockups.

Original black_green concept:

post-331032-0-32240800-1424331476_thumb.jpg

black_green v1:

post-331032-0-29628800-1424331488_thumb.jpg

Would anybody like to see these themes available?

EDIT: Done the first one anyway.

• Like 1

Creating and using Animations

Clover supports animated images like this ( ©iDark Soul )

attachicon.gifML.gif

Is that true? 

So I just put my .gif image into my theme? or do I still need Anim folder that contains frame by frame image?

It was true but that feature was pulled. When it did work the animations were drawn on top of the existing volume icons, but in slightly different positions. Also IIRC the keyboard input didn't correctly control the animated devices only mouse click. I did make a trial theme using device animations but it never went further than that. Shame, as it was pretty impressive to see the icons animated.

Is that true? 

So I just put my .gif image into my theme? or do I still need Anim folder that contains frame by frame image?

No, format .gif is not supported.

We have to do a set of png images.