InsanelyMac Forum
buoo

What about it?

Advertisement

I am a drummer myself so I appreciate good styling. Its ironic because my favorite is Neal Peart, and yet I hate Rush as a band. I have gotten very good at tuning out the rest of the {censored} and just listening to Neal drum.

Ringo Starr is not a bad drummer. He may be somewhat limited in his expression compared to other famous drummers but what he does he does very well.

He even has a few innovations to his name, for example starting a fill on the hi-hat. There's more but I can't remember.

Another clue, if you can't hear that he's good :P is that whenever he's mentioned in interviews with other contemporary drummers he's always praised.

Drummers like Dave Weckl and especially showmen like Buddy Rich tend to overshadow a lot of great drummers because of their "immediate appeal". And so you don't even have to be a musician, much less a drummer (lol) to agree that they, and other "similar" drummers are great and that everyone else sucks. But that's your loss :angel:

LOL @ Ringo Starr!

My favorite would probably be Neil Peart just nudging out John Bonham but i have a long list of great "drummers"!

Im surprised Mickey Hart didn't make that Top 10 list..

Beside the "Gods" like John Bonham and Neil Peart...

I'd have three favourite drummers...

Vinnie Paul, Igor Cavalera and Lars Ulrich...

Each one at your own style...