KextsToPatch how-to (?)

jj_9

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm very sorry for my dummy question but did you manage to master the syntax ?

If I want to add this to config.plist :

sudo perl -pi -e '$c+=s/\xE2\x00\x00\x00\x0F\x30/\xE2\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); }' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

How-to translate from \xE2\x00\x00\x00\x0F\x30 to the correct format for clover ??

(same question for \xE2\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90 ;)

Also don't hesitate to reply to this post with you patches in case they could help others :)

Regards

JJ

:thumbsup_anim:

Thank you so much ...

I must admit I didn't understand the original sample with "headphones" as "48 65 61 64 70 68 6F 6E 65 73 00" and the actual search for the string <data>SGVhZHBob25lcwA=</data>

:)

A+

JJ

Edit : one more question :

Could it be possible with clover to replace a whole kext

ie: put my applehda.kext in the kext folder and have it to replace the original one ?

(or is it only a folder to load non existent kext)

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

iam noob in clover, i wish to install maverick into AMD machine, but the problem is the installation required custom kernel. how to config custom kernel into clover config.
i can't customize the mavericks setup installer, because i use this command to restore mavericks dmg file into my usb flashdrive :

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/Cloverboot/ –applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app –nointeraction

put on root or .../kexts/10.x  and don't forget boot without caches

if still get a problem with that method (createinstallmedia) .. so you must restore with basesystem method

Thanks for guide..

i'll try it tonight. :yes:  :thumbsup_anim: