Finally got OSX to install... Still a few sticking points.

themdla

3 posts in this topic

Well after 3 excruciatingly long days I have finally done it!

I manged to get OSX 10.6.8 installed on my AMD machine but i'm still stuck in a few places...

I am a super noob at this but good with tech work in general. I'm a Programmer/Web Developer/Hardware/Software Support guy by trade.

hardware info:

• AMD FX4100
  • ATI HD5450
  • Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H

So I used ModCD and a retail copy of 10.6.3 with the following flags:

rd(0,0)/Extra/modbin_kernel arch=i386 legacy_kernel cpus=1 busratio=17 colors=32 GraphicsEnabler=No

After a successful install I still couldn't get my machine to boot without a few flags:

busratio=17 colors=32 UseKernelCache=No npci=0x2000

Once I finally reached the OS I did the following:

1. Ran the Apple Combo Update for 10.6.8.

2. Before rebooting installed legacy kernel AMD for 10.6.8

3. Ran Mulitbeast 3.10.x and installed all kexts, fixes, and ##### stuff

4. Committed the second set of flags above to my org.chamelon.boot.plist

5. Rebooted

So the machine currently boots and runs but adding the ati5000injector.kext for my HD5450 to my Extras/Extensions folder causes the boot process to stall until it's removed.

It seems to stall at the NvClockX loading process which i'm guessing is some sort of nvidia driver.

Can I remove these drivers or is there a better way to get my ATI card to work?

Can I fix my boot process so I don't have to use so many hardcoded flags to get it to start?

Thanks in advance :)

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guys 47 views and no replies... am I wording or saying some thing wrong?

I don't have an answer to your problem, but I think I know where your problem is ....

Ran Mulitbeast 3.10.x and installed all kexts, fixes, and ##### stuff

Have you been banned from tony'ssac yet for mentioning AMD? From what I understand tm's tools do not support AMD, and will not play right with it. I honestly wish I had more for you, but this is one of the reasons I haven't converted my AMD laptop yet, I ma still reading about the proper tools from here.