Pandora's Box (Beta1 Testing)

Micky1979

140 posts in this topic

excellent program, just wish somebody would make this sort of project for windows users to setup and install the mac OS, especially users with AMD hardware

From Windows, you really can not do this.

It is always necessary to have a Hackintosh or a real Mac to use Pandora.

Micky

Dont worry Mik....i am here

@Magnifico, thanks for your comments, really useful.

Would you like to make several tests, I know that you have many ssd disks, and you can be fast in this. With Pandora you can create a small 8GB partition on your disk, and use that instead of USB stick.

I need some "fast" feedback, though not all for your hardware....

This is only if you feel

Micky

From Windows, you really can not do this.

It is always necessary to have a Hackintosh or a real Mac to use Pandora.

Micky

@Magnifico, thanks for your comments, really useful.

Would you like to make several tests, I know that you have many ssd disks, and you can be fast in this. With Pandora you can create a small 8GB partition on your disk, and use that instead of USB stick.

I need some "fast" feedback, though not all for your hardware....

This is only if you feel

Micky

:moil: go go , of course i am here for you...

i wait ,

What do you want me to do?

I would like to make a suggestion, you can implement tool in all the info plist file to resolve the problem of pstate error?

Of course, with appropriate modifications to the SMBIOS of other users?

I noticed that when I boot from pen drive in verbose mode, in the kernel log I see pstate errors...unterstand?

Magnifico, I need you to do installation in MBR to begin with Lion and ML.

Just wait, you have Nvidia GTX470, no?

I'm doing a thing for this ...then wait for me to finish

Micky

Yes, but as a friend, because you think I have a magic wand

It takes time

well ... :wink2:

Mhmmmm strange ...i have this problem

I installed the vodoohda first, then I tried to patch Hda and the voodoo and 'disappeared from SLE, but I noticed that the application VoodooHdaSettingsLoader.app not' disappeared from general use, why?

Hei Miscel , sorry for my bad english

This problem is solved, ...in the next release

Micky

• Like 1

Nice work indeed. Can you tell me where I can find more information about adding options in the Customize dialog in the main OS X installation?

Thank you, and happy to see you!

How's it going with HP Probook Installer on tonymac?

Philip, I do not know if there is a guide for this, I did not follow anyone.

However, you can try looking for some tutorials of brianmay27 on macrumors.com.

Idea came following some of his post, although he did not intend to do what we did.

Micky

• Like 1

Thanks for the work guys.

I tried out Pandora Box and am not getting past, what looks like the Chamelion boot screen before the computer restarts.

I made the changes suggested by magnifico to the org.plist and that definitely helped but the computer still restarts on the same screen.

The boot pauses at "FADT: ACPI Restart Fix Applied!" then prints two more lines really quickly then restarts. When I created the USB drive I selected option 4 of the desktop configurations. (10.8.3 installer was used, selected iMac8,1 for smbios)

I have a MSI 7345 board (P35) with an Intel Core 2 Duo (E8450) and Diamond Radeon HD 6970. There is also some additional PCI sound card in there. This is a hand me down system so I don't know what it is. There were no SATA or IDE drives connected, I just wanted to see if this would boot the installer.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, otherwise this is an interesting curiosity.

Thanks, I made those changes. (I assume -f -v -x go into the kernel flags, so my flags are:"-f -v -x npci=0x2000")

I also made changes in the BIOS to get farther. I set the CPU execute disable bit to enable. Disabled IOAPIC, enabled HPET, disabled extra IDE controller, disabled PCI IDE BusMaster, ACPI is enabled. Does it matter that I have a PS2 keyboard connected. (I am using a USB mouse)

Now I am getting output from the Darwin kernel

It stops at: (Doesn't restart, just sits there)

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

NullCPUPowerManagement::start

Edit: Turned IOAPIC back on and now in the installer!

Thank you, and happy to see you!

How's it going with HP Probook Installer on tonymac?

Good to see you too! The ProBook Installer is getting better and better, right now I'm working on an automated procedure, which will generate the SSDT and will extract and patch the DSDT for every 4x30s and 4x40s model. The SSDT generator is based on the Pike's SSDT generator script and for the DSDT part I'll use the iasl compiler and a command line tool from RehabMan, based on the CJUnderWater's MaciASL DSDT editor, which will handle the patching routines. This way the user errors will be reduced a little, at least there will be no more question like "I've selected wrong DSDT/SSDT and now my system doesn't start, tell me what to do"

Philip, I do not know if there is a guide for this, I did not follow anyone.

However, you can try looking for some tutorials of brianmay27 on macrumors.com.

Idea came following some of his post, although he did not intend to do what we did.

Micky

I've tried to search for this on this site, but I found nothing. Can you be a little more specific?

Good to see you too! The ProBook Installer is getting better and better, right now I'm working on an automated procedure, which will generate the SSDT and will extract and patch the DSDT for every 4x30s and 4x40s model. The SSDT generator is based on the Pike's SSDT generator script and for the DSDT part I'll use the iasl compiler and a command line tool from RehabMan, based on the CJUnderWater's MaciASL DSDT editor, which will handle the patching routines. This way the user errors will be reduced a little, at least there will be no more question like "I've selected wrong DSDT/SSDT and now my system doesn't start, tell me what to do"

Automatic generation of states, in Chameleon seems to give good results since changes imported by some branch. With Enoch reach the same Geekbench, and many states, that use custom SSDT generated with ssdtPRGen. Also I have tried to automate this, but dreams were shattered when I saw SSDT section, inside DSDT in different motherboards :( .

Micky

use this flag: DSDT.aml=Noooooooooooooooooooooo and SSDT.aml=Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

??? Many oooooooooooooo. ??????

Automatic generation of states, in Chameleon seems to give good results since changes imported by some branch. With Enoch reach the same Geekbench, and many states, that use custom SSDT generated with ssdtPRGen. Also I have tried to automate this, but dreams were shattered when I saw SSDT section, inside DSDT in different motherboards :( .

Micky

So?