Pandora's Box (Beta1 Testing)

Micky1979

140 posts in this topic

Hi

I was just wondering. Does Pandora support almost all laptops? Does it even support the ones with AMD Processor?

I want to know if my Ideapad Y400 can run this. It has Intel i7 3630Q 2.6GHz Processor, NVidia GT650M graphics, 8GB DDR3 Memory, 1TB HDD, Intel Centrino Wireless & Bluetooth N2230 and Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Ethernet.

My Laptop came with Win 8 pre-installed. I don't want to mess that up. So, How can I install Mac OSx without disturbing my windows installation and recovery partition?

I would be really glad if you could answer these questions for me.

Thanks,

Anup

Hi

I was just wondering. Does Pandora support almost all laptops? Does it even support the ones with AMD Processor?

I want to know if my Ideapad Y400 can run this. It has Intel i7 3630Q 2.6GHz Processor, NVidia GT650M graphics, 8GB DDR3 Memory, 1TB HDD, Intel Centrino Wireless & Bluetooth N2230 and Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Ethernet.

My Laptop came with Win 8 pre-installed. I don't want to mess that up. So, How can I install Mac OSx without disturbing my windows installation and recovery partition?

I would be really glad if you could answer these questions for me.

Thanks,

Anup

Result is not guaranteed of course, also need to know if you have a screen less than or greater than 1400x pixels. if above serves patched dsdt.

Pandora allows installation on MBR, so just create the partition on the existing drive. But to give it a try, why not make a backup first, so all problems do not exist?

Sorry, I correct, you need to force patched DSDT to activate intel 4000 Mobile.

Micky

hi

Are we close to seePandora's Box Beta 2 testing ?

c.frio

It 's already over my desktop, only we have to add the last things.

Micky

Result is not guaranteed of course, also need to know if you have a screen less than or greater than 1400x pixels. if above serves patched dsdt.

Pandora allows installation on MBR, so just create the partition on the existing drive. But to give it a try, why not make a backup first, so all problems do not exist?

Sorry, I correct, you need to force patched DSDT to activate intel 4000 Mobile.

Ok.

Btw, my screen resolution is 1366x768. I know this resolution sucks for a 14inch Laptop but that's what I have. So you mean that I cannot patch with DSDT then? Also, I don't see Intel 4000 option in my Device Manager and can only see nVidia.

Thanks.

Ok.

Btw, my screen resolution is 1366x768. I know this resolution sucks for a 14inch Laptop but that's what I have. So you mean that I cannot patch with DSDT then? Also, I don't see Intel 4000 option in my Device Manager and can only see nVidia.

Thanks.

I understand it, there are some manufacturers that disable Intel HD4000 Asus as well. Did you see in your bios if you can enable/disable it?

However, perhaps it is even better, what do you wait to give it a try?

Making backups of your disk (create recovery DVD to start Recovery in Windows), create partition for OSx and tries to install!

I wish you to understand that Hackintosh is a game, and perhaps first time you having trouble starting. In Pandora choose these things:

creation USB stick:

-Mountain Lion

- 55) MacBookPro10,1"

- 8) Laptop, Keyboard+Trackpad + NullCPUPowerManagementet+Disk & AHCI Injector, + Wifi Injector

During Installation:

- Enoch

- Graphics Enabler

- Laptop Support (all choices)

- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

- RTC Patch

- Legacy Disk

--- AHCIPortIjector.kext

--- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

- USB

--- USB Roll Back for ML

I hope it works

Micky

you can relase pandora for snow leopard?

Pandora and now 'only for Lion and Mountain Lion

In the future?

Fabio

Yes. We develop the new version for 10.6, 10.7 & 10.8

EDIT:

I'm talking about the compatibility of the app.

Edited by Marchrius
mistake

in future you relase the snowleopard version?

Problem is that Snow was not expected at first, then in a bit of time will also OSx 10.9, and Pandora support 3 OSes.

Supporting 4 OSes is really tough, because Lion and Mountain Lion are basically very similar in operation, but the dear Snow is another matter:

is released on DVD, the latest CPUs are not supported (Ivy Bridge), also Sandy Bridge is not supported, or rather it is in 10.6.8, but Vanilla DVD, I think, get up to 10.6.6 max, (correct me if I'm wrong) , so it's really hard to put everything in Pandora!

Nothing against Snow Leopard, it really is a fantastic OS

Micky

Yes. We develop the new version for 10.6, 10.7 & 10.8

Yep.....Pandora.app that supports to run in Snow, but to create Lion or Mountain Lion USB/DVD installation

Micky

i am struggling to get a fresh install to work... used the older ML lionizer in the past and it has worked so i wanted to try your new method...

Installed everything onto the USB drive(tried 2 different ones) added my dsdt into ACPI... completed as above... using 4,1 and 3,1... resolution of option 12 for my monitor...

when i boot from either of my USB in or not in V mode it loads as far as the Grey screen, there is continued activity on the USB drive but nothing loads ie the first install screen...

anyone any ideas... set up is in my sig...

edit - solved... had to enable graphics enabler....

edit - was never given options for the insanely mac bits... customize was empty...

IMG_0044.jpg

This happens to me if I select the wrong model number (1 of my 2 Hackintosh's is a iMac 8,1 equivalent and I accidentally selected iMac 9,1).

But here's another problem: If I make a USB-stick with the complete Pandora-Install and post installation I use #####, the system won't start after a reboot. If I deselect the Pandora-Install then the stick isn't bootable (boot0 Error).

Driver installation during install doesn't work for me, either.

At the moment the tool isn't usable for me, I guess :(

But here's another problem: If I make a USB-stick with the complete Pandora-Install and post installation I use #####, the system won't start after a reboot.

????? Why do this???

However, do not support ##### here :hysterical:

If I deselect the Pandora-Install then the stick isn't bootable (boot0 Error).

Explain better, .....but if you do not check anything, not even the bootloader is installed!

Micky

For curiosity..you are using the original app in 10.8.3?

Micky

i am using 10.8.0 original app...

did try to re download the 10.8.3 from the app store earlier and the app itself is not in my applications folder... just a shortcut in launch pad... so couldnt use that...

currently booted into 10.8.2...

i have this my working drive on 10.8.2...

my test on 10.8.3 but very slow boot...

and then just got a new SSD which will be my new main drive when i finish helping you guys with testing etc and it all works...