Internal kyboard and touchpad of laptop don't work

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

during my install of Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on my laptop (signature), the keyboard, touchpad and trackpad worked fine. Even when I fixed the install, when booting with bootloader on USB to the new install, it worked. But when I reboot without the USB installation media, I come to the login screen, but my keyboard, touchpad and trackpad don't work anymore.

So it must have been one on the Kexts, I think. I copied all kexts with contained PS2 in their name froom /E/E/ (usb boot stick) to /S/L/E/ (hard drive) and rebuilt the kext cache, because I use Kernel cache to speed up my boot process.

I installed it as proposed in this forum:

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=105334

I decided to set my UEFI/BIOS to "Legacy BIOS", so I replaced OSInstall and OSInstall.mpkg by the ones provided the link to osx86.net .

I did all he said in his first post, but I used Kext Wizard instead of Kext Utility. (I would prefer to do this in Terminal, but I don't know how to use the command kextcache correctly.)

Please help me how to solve this problem. Maybe I just need the correct PS2 Kexts.

I can boot into the disk if I use the bootloader on my installation USB drive. This should also work, I think. I will try it After School, thx!

Here is a list of everything I did since my last post:

1) Reinstalled ML 10.8.2 to the hard disk. (bootflags -v -x)

2) Rebooted with bootloader on usb to my new install with bootflags -v -x (otherwise it would hae stucked.)

3) Installed Chameleon to the hard drive (the version that he provided in the thinkpads.com forum) http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=105334

4) Copied Kext Wizard, Chameleon Wizard and DSDT Editor into /Applications from the hard disk.

5) I copied all kexts inside /S/L/E/ into a new folder on my desktop , as a backup.

6) Started Kext Wizard an installed all kexts from "Post Install"/Extra/Extensions/. (Post Install.zip can be downloaded from the forum.)

7) Recreated Cache with Kext Wizard.

8) Made a new backup of all files in /S/L/E/ to a new folder on my desktop, so i had 2 different backups.

9)Copied DSDT.aml and SMBIOS.plist from "Post Install"/Extra/ to /Extra/ from my hard drive.

10) I created my own SSDT.aml like he said in the forum. I have the same as he (i5-2520m).

11) Opened DSDT Editor and imported the file, then IASL & Compile , and saved as /Extra/SSDT.aml on my hard drive.

12) I executed the 2 perl commands he posted in the forum.

13) Launched Chameleon Wizard and set options: GUI enabled, Time Out 5 seconds, System Type:Laptop , Use Kernel Cache , Generate P-States, generate C-States, dropp SSDT (so that I can use my own one), Restart Fix

14) Launched [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installed Intel E1000e (driver for my ethernet card)

15) Started Kext Wizard again and created new cache.

16) I typed following commands:

sudo chown root:admin /

this worked.

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

this hasn't worked because I booted in safe mode (-x

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

After this I wanted to reboot, BUT: when diskutil was about 70% my laptop powered off due to low battery. I haven't noticed this because there was no battery icon in the top panel :(

17) I recharged my laptop.

18) After my laptop was charged fully, I tried to reboot without my usb stick.

19) It didn't work because of "Still waiting for root device"(only when without -x). That was also on my first install of ML, I reused the perl script I got from Internet. It patches IOAHCIBlockStorage to delay its start by 200ms. (this perl script is for sandybridge motherboards, and it worked for my laptop)- i booted with usb stick bootloader to hard drive, and executed the script. (while safe boot)

20) reboot, bootloader on usb, hard drive ( -v)

21) have done all commands in the .rtf you provided

22) reboot, -v only from hard drive

23) 3D acceleration worked!

24) something broke login after next reboot, i forgot for now, i will post if it comes to my mind, sorry i have to go to bed.

Hello again,

I found out why I couldn't login: because I left the keyboard and mouse connected on the USB ports during shutdown. In the morning I rebooted with -v and bootloader on my hard drive, and I could login to my Desktop.

What works:

3D acceleration

Ethernet

Battery Plugin in the Panel with % displaying (current 45 %)

Spotlight also works

AppStore ( I downloaded XCode)

Webcam

----------

What doesn't work:

Wifi ( I expected that because in the thinkpads.com forum he had to install an other Wifi pci card) I will use an usb wifi dongle.

Bluetooth ( It doesn't work anymore.)

Internal Keyboard, Touchpad and Trackpad ( for now, I'm using USB Keyboard and mouse)

----------

Not tested:

VGA

DisplayPort

Expresscard

SD Card reader