Chameleon stuck at boot0:done with HD 7770 (on 10.8.3)

Shane 2

9 posts in this topic

I got 10.8.3 booting without problem on my HD 5770. I installed my system with iATKOS ML2. So, it's hopefully clean enough, but when I put HD 7770 on, it gives me an error.

Chameleon r2140, with boot flag: GraphicsEnabler = YES

Here's what's on my screen:

boot0: test

boot0: error

boot0: error

boot0: donexv blah blah blah......

Not really explanatory to me.

UPDATE:

So, I tried booting with HD 5770 in the first slot, screen connected, then HD 7770 in the second slot. It boots without problem, and after it boots, I can plug my display to 7770 with no problem. Once I switched the slots, problem start. The problem with this setup is that slot 2 is a x16 slot.

I can plugged 7770 on second slot with 5770 in first slot, but nothing shows up until login window.

Edit your topic, your card is 7770 or 5770?

ok, this is the second option for install it, download binarios chameleon folder i386

1. open the folder i386 and copy boot1h for your USBInstaller.

2. boot from USBinstaller and go for utilities and open app Terminal

3. type diskutil list for identified your disk and partition were you installed of system ML = "(i.e: disk0s2)"

4. type diskutil unmount disk0s2

5. type cd /

6. type dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 bs=4096

7. reboot

in steep 6 put your disk and partition "(i.e disk0s2 "), see your

• Like 1

It's due to larger vbios on 7xxx cards. It cause a bunch of alien looking text after Boot0:Done. Newest Chameleon helps for some, but for me the only way to get past this was to install Chameleon/Clover onto a mbr formatted drive instead of guid. I used a USB when first testing to get it working. Once you get past that, your next problem will be booting to a blank screen, the trick to get past this is to sleep and wake the computer. If you have automatic login enabled, disable it so you don't have to wait for all the desktop stuff to load before you can sleep and make screen work. Also make sure sleep works with your 5770 first so you know your system can sleep/wake. I had a 5770 I had to switch back to a few times while figuring all this stuff out :)

• Like 2

It's due to larger vbios on 7xxx cards. It cause a bunch of alien looking text after Boot0:Done. Newest Chameleon helps for some, but for me the only way to get past this was to install Chameleon/Clover onto a mbr formatted drive instead of guid. I used a USB when first testing to get it working. Once you get past that, your next problem will be booting to a blank screen, the trick to get past this is to sleep and wake the computer. If you have automatic login enabled, disable it so you don't have to wait for all the desktop stuff to load before you can sleep and make screen work. Also make sure sleep works with your 5770 first so you know your system can sleep/wake. I had a 5770 I had to switch back to a few times while figuring all this stuff out :)

May I ask what's the difference of installing them to MBR disk and GUID disk?

• 1 month later...

Difference is one works and the other doesn't. Really, there's no good reason, just the way it is at the moment.

Has anything further been done regarding this?

I have installed the latest Chameleon but it still gives me a line of weird text. I have installed Chameleon onto a USB formatted with a MBR and I just boot from that.

I have a HD7770, just upgraded from a HD5770, didn't realize their would be so many issues with it :(

• 5 months later...