Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

HP DV7 6187cl mountain lion installer boot issue

2 posts in this topic

Help please, I've been trying to install mountain lion on my dv7 but i keep getting stuck on this screen, i followed the instructions from TheRacerMaster here "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281892-wip-guide-hp-pavilion-dv7-4087cl-lion-installation/" and i believe its getting hung up on the thing where it says Pthread supports when sync kernel primitives misused?

--any help?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lilith
      i have a little old mobo with socket 1156 no Sata 3 - biostar tpower i55 and i Was wondering if i had some chance to install a new nvme memory like Intel 760p.
      Due lack of support by my mobo i found a Pci Express card lycom dt-120 to expand my connectivity.
      After some researches i understood that i need a ‘bios support for the boot from nvme disk’. I want some of these nvme memory to install high Sierra and get a killer desktop.
      I think that i haven’t obviously a native bios support cause my mobo is pretty old, so i can’t get an nvme disk and install properly high Sierra hoping that boot?
      Or should i catch anyway? I Guess that same problem is for w10? 
      Thanks, Gabriele.
    • By giovanealex
      Hi guys.

Sometimes I am a complete noob, so I deleted two kexts from S/L/E and now my Asus Q200E laptop with OS X El Capitan boot hangs on kernel panic. I still can enter go through Clover to reach Recovery Mode and use Terminal, so I've put the two kexts on a USB pendrive and after some struggle I've managed to succefully copy them using Terminal, but the boot is still stuck on kernel panic. As I remember, these are the commands I've typed:

mount -rw

cp -a /Volumes/usb-stick/name.kext /Volumes/my-osx-drive/System/Library/Extensions

Is there anything else I should do? Is anything wrong? Should I type some command else? For instance, should I type something to fix permissions and rebuild cache?

Thanks a lot!
    • By End3rPwr50
      Hi, I wanted to install macOs 10.13 on my notebook.
      Here are the technical specifications:
      -Intel i7 6500U 2.50GHz Skylake (CPU)
      -12GB ram dd4 (RAM)
      -hp 81EC (MOTHERBOARD) with BIOS insyde F09
      -Intel HD Graphics 520 - AMD Radeon R7 M440 (Graphics cards)
      -Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (Ethernet)
      -Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter (Wifi and Bluetooth)
      -Realtek High Definition Audio - Audio Intel® per schermi(HDMI)
      Thanks in advance

• By bob.farm3366
      Hi all,
      I'm new on this forum but I have some experience installing hackintosh infact I have a hackintosh running El Capitan. I started installing high sierra on my laptop but i encountered some issues. The installer wan't start.
      I attach the EFI partition with logs so that someone could help me.
    • By giacomo.dessi2303
      Salve a tutti, ho un problema all'avvio di mac os che ho già provato a risolvere con foskvs ma senza risultati..
      Attualmente come smbios uso MacBookPro 12,1 (portatile in firma) mentre se uso imac 14,1 questo problema non si presenta.
      Dite che posso tenere iMac 14,1 magari rigenerando l'ssdt per il pm?