Patched AppleHDA.kext for codecs IDT 92HD81B1X5, 92HD91BXX, 92HD87B1/3, 92HD87B2/4, 92HD87XX etc.

Micky1979

203 posts in this topic

@ Micky1979,

Thank you very much for the great tutorial. It is very clear and easy to understand, even for noobs like me :).

I now have a very basic AppleHDA that works with with my 92HD75B3X5. Only internal speakers at the moment, but with your examples I'm sure I can figure out the rest.

Thanks again for taking the time to put this together, so people like me can learn to do things for ourselves :thumbsup_anim:

@ Micky1979,

Thank you very much for the great tutorial. It is very clear and easy to understand, even for noobs like me :).

I now have a very basic AppleHDA that works with with my 92HD75B3X5. Only internal speakers at the moment, but with your examples I'm sure I can figure out the rest.

Thanks again for taking the time to put this together, so people like me can learn to do things for ourselves :thumbsup_anim:

Thank you,

I hope that you will find the rest of your audio device!

Micky

• 3 weeks later...

No card detected.

This means that no device appears in System Profiler? If so, it means that the binary, is not patched correctly.

Have you looked if into the script of @bcc9 support this codec? Otherwise you have to change it manually, and then try again

Micky

I just looked into the bcc9 script, IDT 111d7603 is already present!

When clicking on a patch-hda, you have to write 111d7603, and he changes the binary of AppleHDA.kext in System/Library/Extension.

You also have to adjust the Layout.xlm and Platforms, with minimal editing.

To activate AppleHDA must have into dsdt, the "layout-id" that enables him.

In Annex are the three files, with only speakers and headphones to start trying.

I assume you're using OSx Lion, as in your AppleHDA.kext, the .xlm files were not compressed.

Micky

7603.zip

• Like 1

Hey i have tried to patch the appleHDA so now i have just the Intel High Definition Audio on Audio (Built In).

I think i have to modified the three files to get sound.

Can you help me to configure the xml files ? on the first file that i have attached i put all that you need to create the xml file.

Gaetan.screenshot20121226at223.png

• 3 weeks later...

It seems you already have the answer to your question! :P

With the tool of Andy, you were able to check what happens if you change the value, and this in my opinion is not important for the functionality.

Even if your jack is back, this did not prevent it from working

Micky

I think

but try both, I had to do so, to remove the doubts.

Your codec is very similar to mine, so I think you can edit my files, changing the codec id in layout12.xlm, and Nodes where different in Platforms.xlm.

Obviously also change the pinconfig in info.plist.... and again the codec id.

Micky

Some info about the internal mic.

My original verbs:

ATAPI Unknown Mic at Int Top 17 0x11 0xd5a30130 01171c30 01171d01 01171ea3 01171fd5

Fixed verbs:

ATAPI Unknown Mic at Int Top 17 0x11 0xd5a30130 01171c30 01171d00 01171ea3 01171fd0

how it looks in ML:

mic.png

verbit does a great job, but it's not perfect.

We need to replace 01171fd0 with 01171f90 to set mic as internal device.

Bits
Hex	 76 54 3210
-------------------
71cf01 = 00 00 0001 - Port has a jack - It is External - Rear Location
71cf02 = 00 00 0010 - Port has a jack - It is External - Front Panel Location
71cf59 = 01 01 1001 - No External Port - ATAPI
71cf18 = 00 01 1000 - Port has a jack - External - HDMI
71cf90 = 10 01 0000 - Built In Device - Internal - N/A
	 | | ||||
	 | | |--------- Location part 2
	 | |------------ Location part 1
	 |--------------- Port Connectivity

Take a look:

mic2.png

Let's add "Ambient Noise Reduction".

Change 01171ea3 to 01171ea0.

3 and 0 => connection type. The value should be 0 "unknown connection" type.

Open layout12.xml then remove:

mic3.jpg

and add Signal Processing.

mic4.png

take a look:

mic5.png

I attached my layout file. Copy and paste the "SignalProcessing" to your layout file with PlistEdit Pro.

Use Samantha's script to compress the xml.

layout12.xml.zip

• Like 2

I would like to share some information about the internal mic.

My original verbs:

ATAPI Unknown Mic at Int Top 17 0x11 0xd5a30130 01171c30 01171d01 01171ea3 01171fd5

Fixed verbs:

ATAPI Unknown Mic at Int Top 17 0x11 0xd5a30130 01171c30 01171d00 01171ea3 01171fd0

how it looks in ML:

mic.png

verbit does a great job, but it's not perfect.

We need to replace 01171fd0 with 01171f90 to declare mic as internal device. After all, it is internal.

Bits
Hex	 76 54 3210
-------------------
71cf01 = 00 00 0001 - Port has a jack - It is External - Rear Location
71cf02 = 00 00 0010 - Port has a jack - It is External - Front Panel Location
71cf59 = 01 01 1001 - No External Port - ATAPI
71cf18 = 00 01 1000 - Port has a jack - External - HDMI
71cf90 = 10 01 0000 - Built In Device - Internal - N/A
	 | | ||||
	 | | |--------- Location part 2
	 | |------------ Location part 1
	 |--------------- Port Connectivity

Take a look:

mic2.png

Let's add "Ambient Noise Reduction".

Change 01171ea3 to 01171ea0.

3 and 0 => connection type. The value should be 0 "unknown connection" type.

Open layout12.xml then remove:

mic3.jpg

and add Signal Processing.

mic4.png

take a look:

mic5.png

I attached my layout file. Copy and paste the "SignalProcessing" to your layout file with PlistEdit Pro.

Use Samantha's script to compress the xml.

Unfortunately, it is clear that verbit can not do all the work, infact I added the link to the guidance of Master Chief for this purpose, but verbit can be useful for many people.

Tonight I will try as you said, I have no time to experiment at this time. 'll Let you know the outcome.

thanks

EDIT

This morning I saw another post, and it may have been deleted by mistake. if so, I apologize.

I think you speak for the volume slider, but frankly I do not know how to solve, because I do not have this problem

Micky

Edited by Alessandro17
Deleted post restored.

Hi Guys,

I have a HP DV5-1130ea, which recently has been installed with the Mountain Lion 10.8 version.

This laptop has the IDT 92HD71B7X Codec. The codec id is: 111D 76B2.

I followed this guide to the word however I am not successful. Attached is all the files I dealt with including the codec verbs modified using verbit, the codec graph (in svg format), layout12.xml and Platforms.xml, pinconfig extracted from regedit in windows, my custom AppleHDA.kext along with my dsdt.dsl file which contains entries for HDEF and DPTG.

If someone can have a look and tell me what's wrong with it I really appreciate, as I really don't have other ideas what to do to at least have sound from the speaker, at the moment in system profiler there is no devices under audio.

AppleHDA.kext.zip

dsdt.zip

codec_dump.txt

pinconfig.txt

codec_dump_dec.txt.svg.zip

verbs.txt

layout12.xml

Platforms.xml

hi,

i have 92HD87B1 on my laptop. and i've never attempted to patch applehda (originally installed)

so, just following this instruction , can i patch my 92HD87B1 ?

i have one more question,

i saw here a kext for my 92HD87B1 .

http://www.osx86.net/view/3356-applehda_idt_92hd87b1_mountain_lion_ver_...html

but i couldn't manage to work it, i've even patched my dsdt but still no luck.

it gives me sound assertion errors during boot screen.

Hi All, this is a guide, and the aim is to try to apply it! A simple "does not work" does not give an indication of the possible problem to solve!

Micky

Hi Micky, while I really appreciate the very clear guide you posted, believe me I have put a great effort to make my codec work. I have wasted a whole week, since I didnt get any further from no sound completely. All i ask is for someone to give me a hint how to patch the applehda binary at least, since my idt codec is not supported by the bcc9 perl script. I did compare a lot of differen kexts built for idt codecs with my applehda kext and mine seems up to standard so I really have no idea what could be wrong, why at least there is no audio devices registered in system profiler.

My codec (92HD87B2) wasn't supported as well, but I opened patch-hda-codecs.pl and saw this:

{ name => 'IDT 76d1', #aka 92HD87B1
target_id => 0x111d76d1,
patch_id => 0x11d41984 #ADI 1984
},

then added it myself:

{ name => 'IDT 76d9', #aka 92HD87B2 (my codec)
target_id => 0x111d76d9,
patch_id => 0x11d41984 #ADI 1984
},

As you can see it wasn't that hard.

If you're not sure about "patch_id" do some trial and error.

To be completely honest, I did that already. Since I tried to read the perl script already. After running the script and examining the applehda binary I noticed that "b2 76 1d 11" (since my codec in hex is 111d76b2), was replaced twice in the binary file. However the applehda kext is still not loading (running kextstat after mountain lion boots up does not show applehda), do you think its a problem of the dsdt?

Originally my dsdt had no definition for HDEF and DPTG, so I added them.

After binary patching you should see "sound assertion errors" at boot.

You need to get rid of these errors, but at least you know the DSDT is communicating with AppleHDA.

This code looks for layout12.xml

Buffer (0x04)
{
    0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

You need to patch that file.