10.8 installer. Starting Darwin x86_64.

albertsw

70 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have had Lion installed on my PC for half a year and now I am trying to update to Mountain Lion. I have created my unibaest Drive but I always get and instant restart a split second after I see the apple logo. If i boot in verbos mode the last two lines before the restart are:

"Starting Darwin x86_64"

"boot args: boot-uuid=FA0FB14D-2E7B-3C52-A288-B30EC2CC2D10"

after that it restarts.

I have tried booting with -x, -v, -f. Ive tried everything.

I tried puting my smbios ond chameleon.boot.plist from my Lion install onto the unibaest but still the same problem.

I have checked my BIOS setting and it all seems correct but still nothing.

I tried with my Nvidia card and with the integrated HD 3000.

I tried xmove but I got the same problem.

Here is a link to the picture of the verbos boot: http://cl.ly/image/1K0z0d112h2B

My specs are:

i5 2500K

Intel DZ68DB motherboard

GTX 560

8GB RAM

Thanks so much for your help.

Well, what you are seeing in the chameleon based bootloader failing to pass off to Darwin/OSX to finish the boot process.

For support with installation tools exclusive to another site, you will need to see their owner/creator for any further support on their usage.

Well, what you are seeing in the chameleon based bootloader failing to pass off to Darwin/OSX to finish the boot process.

For support with installation tools exclusive to another site, you will need to see their owner/creator for any further support on their usage.

Thank you. Do you know what should try to get the bootloader pass off to Darwin? I have tried to get help at tonymac but no one will help me.

Thanks again.

I can't tell from your screenshot, but be sure it is new ML compatible version of bootloader that is running and not your older one from Lion. If you boot to your Lion install and upgrade it to the newest version of Chameleon based bootloader, you don't even need one installed to your USB drive

this was not written to be a guide and was a quick reply I wrote on a developer preview thread, but will work just the same, substituting DP4 for retail:

My super fast easy method requires you don't install to MBR and that you have a hard drive with chameleon on it already that is new enough revision to boot ML. first, make empty partition available for installing onto on guid only drive, hfs+ formatted. RT click install ML app, mount InstallESD.dmg, navigate to basesystem.dmg which is hidden by default, enable show all files and mount it. restore basesystem.dmg from ML install app(to usb or another small partition) via diskutility. Eject basesystem.dmg so u dont get it mixed up with new restored one as it will have same name. Fire up ye mighty terminal and go to bash shell with:sudo -s

then copy packages folder from installESD.dmg to System/Installation/ on your newly restored usb like this:

cp -R (drag packages folder here) (drag installation folder from usb here)

give it a few minutes to finish

then do the same copy technique, but this time for mach_kernel from InstallESD.dmg to / of new usb:

cp -R (drag mach kernel here) (drag entire usb installer volume here)

and done with terminal-yay

create /Extra folder on usb and only put in your smbios and org.chameleon.boot.plist, leave your DSDT out

use kext wizard to install fakesmc and nullcpupowermanagement to s/l/e on your usb drive, (include SL version of appleacpiplatform.kext if using asus x58 mobo), then use kext wiz repair and rebuild cache options

reboot as normal, do not change boot drive in bios. At your normal chameleon prompt, choose instead to boot to your new installer (OSX Base system) and use boot flags -x -f -v add any other bootflags you normally use that are not already in your org.chamleon.boot.plist

install DP4 and reboot back to your old OSX. From there use kext wiz again to install fakesmc to your new DP4 and any other kexts you know are required to boot(asus x58 use appleacpiplatform old version again) and copy /Extra folder from installer to your completed installation. I still didn't put my DSDT in it yet

reboot, and this time from chameleon prompt choose new OSX DP4 and have fun. Should always use -v to boot until your install is rock solid (with dev preview just always use it) Install chameleon and DSDT if you plan on deleting or overwriting your previous installation, otherwise not really needed.

• Like 1

So I followed those steps a but it still restarts after I see the apple logo for less then a second. I timed how long it takes until the restart and it took 16 normally but 19 seconds with -x. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I made sure I was using a ML compatible bootloader but it still restarts.

Thank you.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Try this boot flag:

-x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 busratio=33 PCIRootUID=1 cpus=1

or this:

-x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 busratio=33 PCIRootUID=0 cpus=1

or this:

-x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No PciRootUID=0 npci=0x3000

• Like 1

Yes, only thing that may want changing is disable USB 3 and maybe legacy USB. If you have working Lion you can also try removing entire extra folder from ML installer, boot like your going to boot lion, but instead choose ML installer from chameleon menu, it should then use all your Lion extra files to boot ML, don't use arch=i386 if you were in Lion though