10.8 installer. Starting Darwin x86_64.

albertsw

70 posts in this topic

I tried using the "myhack" thing to create an installer but it had the same problem but when I booted with -v -x -f -s GraphicsEnabler=No it went really far but when it got to the desktop I saw it was just the clone of my Lion drive.

Going back on one of your older screen shots posted, something struck me a little odd, maybe may not be a big deal depending on how you trying to do this. Use your installer to boot from bios, but in Chameleon menu choose to boot into your Lion install instead while using -x -v. See what drive and partition it shows while it boots. Then do the same using same boot drive from bios but choose ML installer the next time. Make sure they are different based on where your partitions are. A friend of mine had cloned his laptop drive and when you would pick the clone to boot instead, it would look like it was doing so, but halfway through the boot process, when it's "getting root device" it would switch over and finish booting the orig install. Only way to tell was in verbose you could see where it said "got root device" and the device name had a Toshiba HD model name in it, the clone was on a WD hooked up via USB. Then at desktop you can tell by what drive is mounted as root of course. Even specifying the boot UUID in clones org.chameleon.boot.plist didn't help. Only way to make it boot was to remove the orig HD first. Erased, reformatted and re-did the clone and it was fine with both drives hooked up. Just an example that weird things can happen when things are a little dirty. By all means you can try disconnecting other drives during boot to see if it makes any difference. Can also remove all nVidia, ATI and Intel graphics kexts. Or do a zero erase on your usb and then reformat as mbr, recreate installer on it, etc. Redownload Mountain Lion incase it's a bad copy. No shortage of things to try, they're just not the first things I would try :)

image.png.jpg

Thanks. I just tried everything you said but i might of found something when booting with -v. Right after starting Drawin x86_64 it says "boot args: boot-uuid=8481159E-1DEE" ect. then it reboots. In your reply you were talking about specifying the boot UUID, do you think this has anything to do with that? Screen%20Shot%202012-10-07%20at%2010.35.37%20AM.png

to find out, boot Lion and go to disk utility, high-light Lion partition and choose get info, it will show UUID in info pane, as well as if volume is bootable and if it contains valid osx install, ownership enabled, etc. do same for ML installer and make note of any differences. To then specify a particular UUID as the boot device, chameleon boot flag would be

rd=uuid boot-uuid="enter the uuid here without quotes"

Hi

as you did almost everything try one of these CDBoots ... I used the 11.1 NVidia iMAC it is in portuguese..sorry..

"sem"="without, "com"= "with"

boot with it , and you suppose to see your prepared "base system" restored to hd or pen drive ,and see if you can get the install screen

hope can help

c,frio

Hi

as you did almost everything try one of these CDBoots ... I used the 11.1 NVidia iMAC it is in portuguese..sorry..

"sem"="without, "com"= "with"

boot with it , and you suppose to see your prepared "base system" restored to hd or pen drive ,and see if you can get the install screen

hope can help

c,frio

Im sorry but I dont know what you mean.

Hi

sorry I forgot to put the link...so..so..sorry

http://www.hmbt.org/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=18

burn one of those cdboot (

I used the 11.1 NVidia iMAC it is in portuguese..sorry)

, prepare your "base system' restored from downloaded ML file..

c.frio

boot from cd and choose your partition with base system see if it install

Hi

sorry I forgot to put the link...so..so..sorry

http://www.hmbt.org/...hp?do=cat&id=18

burn one of those cdboot (

I used the 11.1 NVidia iMAC it is in portuguese..sorry)

, prepare your "base system' restored from downloaded ML file..

c.frio

boot from cd and choose your partition with base system see if it install

I cant download anything because im not registered but when I try to register it says "your invitation has expired!"

Thanks.

to find out, boot Lion and go to disk utility, high-light Lion partition and choose get info, it will show UUID in info pane, as well as if volume is bootable and if it contains valid osx install, ownership enabled, etc. do same for ML installer and make note of any differences. To then specify a particular UUID as the boot device, chameleon boot flag would be

rd=uuid boot-uuid="enter the uuid here without quotes"

Is this how it should look?

http://cl.ly/image/103C100o0l1x

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>