InsanelyMac Forum
Blah101

Two issues since upgrade

Ever since I upgraded to 10.8.1 I can't seem to get facetime to open properly. It loads, but no window comes up. In addition, my logitech C910 is "seen" so to speak, but I can't get it to work in Skype. I can easily use Photo Booth without an issue, but I can't see myself in Skype and FaceTime won't load. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Unfortunately I don't have the one from 10.8.0. Do you know some where I could acquire it and test it out?

I hade the same problem. Facetime isnt loaded coz your camera has problem due to that IOUSBFamily.kext. I was using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] kexts and it came with a newer kext than ML had and the system was loading the newer kext hence the error. After removing that newer kext, I'm having no problem. Check your Extra/Extensions folder for that culprit kext and remove it. I think you should have your original ML kext in your S/L/E folder. If not I've attached mine.

IOUSBFamily.kext.zip

That's crazy. I had the exact same problem with the exact same camera. I'll try that fix tonight when I get home Rakusson. Thanks! :D

I hade the same problem. Facetime isnt loaded coz your camera has problem due to that IOUSBFamily.kext. I was using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] kexts and it came with a newer kext than ML had and the system was loading the newer kext hence the error. After removing that newer kext, I'm having no problem. Check your Extra/Extensions folder for that culprit kext and remove it. I think you should have your original ML kext in your S/L/E folder. If not I've attached mine.

So, I checked my E/E folder, and I didn't see any kext related to the IOUSBFamily. I did have a JmicronATA kext, but that I don't believe is related. I also had an Apple8xxHDA and AppleRTC kext. Neither of those should be related. I replaced my current ML kext in S/L/E with the one you provided, however it didn't seem to help. I still have the same issue. Would it help if maybe I put the IOUSBFamily kext in E/E?

When I had that newer IOUSBFamily.kext (bundled in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]), I was getting ....USBMergeNub(if i remember correctly) message in my console. At that time, I wasnt getting FaceTime or Photo Booth to load. In Photo Booth, camera simply wouldn't load. After removing that newer (ver 9.9.9) kext (I had one already in S/L/E ver 5.x.x) kext solved my problem. I can also see I have a IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext in my E/E but not sure if it is related. I'm using my testing kexts in E/E coz my system is still in testphase and i'm still booting using a usb boot loader.

one thing, when you go to System Report and click on USB, can you see your camera? I can see it. check it.

When I had that newer IOUSBFamily.kext (bundled in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]), I was getting ....USBMergeNub(if i remember correctly) message in my console. At that time, I wasnt getting FaceTime or Photo Booth to load. In Photo Booth, camera simply wouldn't load. After removing that newer (ver 9.9.9) kext (I had one already in S/L/E ver 5.x.x) kext solved my problem. I can also see I have a IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext in my E/E but not sure if it is related. I'm using my testing kexts in E/E coz my system is still in testphase and i'm still booting using a usb boot loader.

one thing, when you go to System Report and click on USB, can you see your camera? I can see it. check it.

My camera is recognized in my system report just fine.

i was just wondering if Blah101 ever figured this problem out. i've had the exact same problem for at least a couple of months now. i didn't even realize the problem extended into skype (i hardly ever use it), but it does indeed. most notably, no window pops up in facetime even though the blue lights on my logitech C910 do light up. the cam will work in photo booth.

i tried installing the IOUSBFamily.kext file uploaded to this thread to both my E/E and S/L/E folders, but the problem persists.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: i installed the Legacy USB Support package from multibe@st, which replaces the IOUSBFamily kext and deleted the kext uploaded to this thread from the E/E folder, and now i can get facetime to work IF i launch photo booth immediately after facetime. so i've made some progress, but it still doesn't just work. any ideas? perhaps its the specific webcam (seems to be a common thread) or something to do with an older build (i'm using a GA-P55M-UD2 mobo)?

again, any help would be appreciated.

i was just wondering if Blah101 ever figured this problem out. i've had the exact same problem for at least a couple of months now. i didn't even realize the problem extended into skype (i hardly ever use it), but it does indeed. most notably, no window pops up in facetime even though the blue lights on my logitech C910 do light up. the cam will work in photo booth.

i tried installing the IOUSBFamily.kext file uploaded to this thread to both my E/E and S/L/E folders, but the problem persists.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: i installed the Legacy USB Support package from multibe@st, which replaces the IOUSBFamily kext and deleted the kext uploaded to this thread from the E/E folder, and now i can get facetime to work IF i launch photo booth immediately after facetime. so i've made some progress, but it still doesn't just work. any ideas? perhaps its the specific webcam (seems to be a common thread) or something to do with an older build (i'm using a GA-P55M-UD2 mobo)?

again, any help would be appreciated.

I actually still have this problem. However, I find your sudo fix for facetime to be working on my end. I tried it with Skype, it didn't work. Wish I knew why this is happening, it is really annoying to have to reboot to windows everytime I want to video chat with someone on skype. Plus, I have to get a different Mac device to do facetime, which is also inconvenient.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bojarek8
      Hi! 

I'm Kris!  I hope my topic is in a good section.
      I am asking you guys for help in this difficult hackintosh problem. 
      For a very long time I tried to solve it myself but I have no idea how I can solve this problem.

Description of the problem

My problem is that I do not have access to any apple service. I am unable to log into the App Store using my Apple ID. I am unable to log into iCloud account in system preferences. iMessage and Facetime also do not work.  Messages that I get when I try to log in: "An error occurred during activation. Try again" 

in iMessage: "An error occurred during activation. Try again" 
      in App Store: "This device or computer can not be verified. Contact the support department for help"
      in Face Time: "There was an error during activation. Try again"

In summary, I am unable to log in to any apple network service. 

My Specification 

Motherboard:  Acer MG43M

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU  E7600  3.06GHz

Graphic card: Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT 515MB 

Wi-fi: TP-LINK  TL-WN881ND

Ethernet: (not supported) 

Audio: (rather, it is not needed here)

Files: 

My config.plist: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vlYJC329sz6yuTwFr-k0fOs3rfhKeI6l

• By xXConcasXx
      Salve,
      Possiedo un Asus N552VW UHD con le seguenti specifiche:
      Intel Core i7 6700hq con display 15 pollici in 4K
      Grafica integrata Intel HD 530
      Grafica dedicata NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960m 4GB
      Chipset Intel HM 170
      16 GB RAM DDR4 2400 MHz
      1 SSD m.2 512 GB
      1 HDD SATA 1 TB
      1 HDD SATA 1 TB (ho rimosso il masterizzatore)
      WiFi Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF con Handoff e AirPort
      con i seguenti OS gestiti da un'unica partizione EFI:
      macOS High Sierra 
      Windows 10
      Kali Linux
      Con tanta pazienza sono riuscito a fare funzionare tutto ad eccezione del lettore SD, Thunderbolt, forse HDMI (non l'ho testato), e FaceTime con iMessage.
      Ci tengo che sia iMessage che FaceTime funzionino (ho anche chiamato l'assistenza Apple per darli il codice errore e risolvere il problema, peraltro mi hanno fatto il controllo remoto con Apple Care, e con un po di fesserie inventate e la stupidità dell'operatore non si sono accorti che non era un MacBook, tuttavia il problema non è stato risolto)...
      Stavo pensando, se installassi El Capitan in un'altra partizione con Rt Variables e SMBIOS che uso su High Sierra potrei riuscire ad abilitare FaceTime e iMessage? Da quello che so la percentuale di successo su quella versione è più alta.
      Vi pongo questa domanda perchè non sono sicuro se sia fattibile e volevo sentire qualche parere in merito.
      PS: Nel caso sia possibile tutto ciò, quante probabilità ho di riuscire a installare El Capitan con questo hardware (non mi interessa che funzioni tutto, mi basta il minimo indispensabile per avviare l'OS con internet), poi, dove potrei trovare il link di download possibilmente a una build più vecchia possibile?.
      PSS: Ho già seguito diverse volte An iDiot's Guide To iMessage senza risultato.

Grazie per l'attenzione.
    • By skymtfMac
      I have been trying to get iMessage working on my otherwise perfect Hackontosh.

The problem is i cannot switch to clover due to exception 64 error and it's due to my motherboard which is super old it is a Asrock-VGS3-FX  and I use a Amd Athlon x2 Black Edition OverClocked to Quad Core with 750 ti Graphics,

Now with my specs out for the way I have tried file NVRAM I placed the kext in my Extra Folder and put the modules folder in the Extra Folder but with the filenvram.dylb in the extra folder the system will not boot and also had issues with yosemite I had filenvram in my extra folder when I was running yosemite but than I update to el captain but on yosemite I had no idea how to use file nvram and how to get iMessage working,
    • By augustopaulo
      Olá a todos, 

Trago-vos hoje uma instalação fácil do último El Capitan (10.11.5) no CPU 5960X (16 cores) instalado na motherboard ASUS X99 Deluxe U3.1 com uma Nvidia GTX 908 Ti!!
      (English version here)

Depois de instalado, as seguintes funcionalidades encontram-se 100% operacionais:
      1 x adaptador Ethernet + adaptador Wlan @ 5Ghz Todas portas USB3.0 disponíveis Nvidia 980ti a funcionar com 3 monitores e com som AppleHDA + HDMI funcional  Gestão energy do CPU em operação desde 1.2Ghz até 4.5Ghz Bluetooth, AirDrop, Facetime, iMessage todos a funcionar e muito mais rápido do que no 10.10.5 (Yosemite) !! Sem o NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, o VoodooTSCSync.kext, o IOPCIFamily.kext (modificado) e com o Kernel original sem modificações - caso do Yosemite em 5960X... Requerimentos:
      "Instalar OS X El Capitan.app" descarregado e instalado na pasta de aplicações Obter o aplicativo "El Capitan HD.zip" daqui Possuir um Mac/Hackintosh já com o El Capitan instalado e com o SIP desligado, como descrito aqui Um SSD/Disco duro VAZIO ligado em SATA/USB - Se não estiver vazio, o "El Capitan HD" vai formatá-lo completamente!! Obter o Número de série, ROM e MLB de um mac verdadeiro  Agradecimentos:
      Brumbaer, stinga11, chris1111, the Clover team, fullerfun, onmybikedrunk, jamiethemorris, pokenguyen e muitos, muitos mais    ... Instalação:

1 - Descarregar o ficheiro "Arquivo Comprimido.zip", que contém os Kexts, ferramentas e pasta EFI já pré-configuradas daqui e descomprimir para a pasta de descargas do seu Mac/Hackintosh. Depois configurar BIOS 3101 da ASUS X99 Deluxe como as capturas de imagens daqui

2 - Executar o aplicativo "El Capitan HD.app" para instalar a configuração base do El Capitan no SSD/Disco duro VAZIO:
      2.1 - introduzir palavra passe a cerca de 4%
      2.2 - Esperar pelo fim, como:

3 - Utilizar o aplicativo “Clover Configurator.app” para montar a partição EFI.
      3.1 - "Mount EFI"
      3.2 - "Check Partition"
      3.3 - Procurar por identificador tipo “/dev/diskX” do disco que contenha a partição “Macintosh-HD”
      3.4 - "Mount EFI partition /diskXs1”

4 - Instalar o último CLOVER v2.3:
      4.1 - Executar o aplicativo CLOVER v2.3 e instalá-lo no disco “Macintosh-HD” com as seguintes opções:

4.2 - Usar o gestor de ficheiros “Finder” para copiar:
      4.2.1 - <directório ZIP>/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/*.* para a pasta EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/
      4.2.2 - <directório ZIP>/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist para a pasta EFI/CLOVER/
      4.2.3 - <directório ZIP>/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/FakeSMC.kext para a pasta EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/
      4.2.4 - <directório ZIP>/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi para a pasta EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

5 - Utilizar o aplicativo “KCPM Utility Pro.app” para instalar os Kexts no disco “Macintosh-HD” e depois reparar as permissões do ficheiros e reconstruir a kext Caches:
      AppleGraphicsControl.kext (já alterado para SMBIOS 6.1) AppleIntelE1000e.kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext FakeSMC.kext X99_Injector.kext

6 - Arrancar o PC com o novo 10.11.5 instalado por UEFI OS (P1:xxxxxx)
      6.1 - No menu de arranque do CLOVER, selecionar “Boot Mac OS X from Macintost-HD"

6.2 - Configurar País, e não configurar ainda o AppleID
      6.3 - Configurar novo utilizador 
      6.4 - Efectuar login depois executar o aplicativo “Kext utility.app” e esperar pelo fim das suas operações, como:

6.5 Arrastar e largar o “LegacyUSBHub.kext” (para USB3.0) e “AppleHDA.kext” (já alterado para ALC1150) sobre janela do “Kext utility”e esperar pelo fim das suas operações, como:

6.6 - Re-arrancar o PC

9 - Instalar Nvidia Web Driver - http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/346.03.10f02/WebDriver-346.03.10f02.pkg
      9.1 - Instalar o Nvidia CUDA - http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-7.5.29-driver.html
      9.2 - Re-arrancar o PC

10 - Para configurara o iMessage/Facetime é necessário extrair vários dados de um Mac verdadeiro:
      10.1 - Verificar que a placa rede ethernet está configurado como “en0” ao executar o aplicativo “DPCIManager.app”:

10.2 - Executar o passo 3 novamente para montar a partição EFI
      10.3 - Navegar até https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRuT8_3ycXc e seguir os passos para extrair (de um Mac verdadeiro), os seguintes dados:
      Numero Série, SmUUID e Board Serial Number - usados pelo aplicativo "Clover Configurator.app" no quadro "SMBIOS" identificador ROM & MLB - usados pelo aplicativo "Clover Configurator.app" no quadro "Rt Variables" (Utilizando o "iMessageDebug" numa janela de terminal) 10.4 - Re-arrancar o PC

Boa sorte, 
      Paulo

Resultado Final:

[

Testes:

Fontes de informação:
      iCloud/iMessage/Facetime -  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?do=findComment&comment=2020598 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309110-el-capitan-10111-versus-the-5960x-a-collaborative-work-thru http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312245-5960x-successfully-installed-under-el-capitan-10113/ http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306783-handoff-hotspot-patch/ http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310530-el-capitan-applehda-hdmi-audio/ http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308387-el-capitan-realtek-alc-applehda-audio/page-1 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309717-haswell-e-5820k-5930k-installation-guide-with-full-speedstep-working/ https://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/Snow_or_Above/ https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-solving-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/
    • By augustopaulo
      Hello everyone,

I bring you today an easy installation of the latest El Capitan (10.11.5) with the CPU 5960X (16 cores)   installed on  ASUS X99 Deluxe U3.1 motherboard with a Nvidia GTX 908 Ti !!

(Versão em Português aqui)

Once installed, the following features are 100% operational:

1 x Ethernet adapter + Wlan @ 5Ghz adapter
      All USB3.0 ports available
      Nvidia 980ti working with 3 monitors and sound AppleHDA + functional HDMI
      CPU energy management operation from 1.2Ghz to 4.5GHz
      Bluetooth, AirDrop, Facetime, iMessage all workin and much faster than in 10.10.5 (Yosemite) !!
      Without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext the VoodooTSCSync.kext the IOPCIFamily.kext (modified) and without a modified kernel - The case of Yosemite in 5960X ...

Requirements:

"Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded and installed in the Applications folder
      Get the app "El Capitan HD.zip" here
      Access to a Mac/Hackintosh already with El Capitan installed and with SIP turned off, as described here
      An EMPTY SSD/hard disk on SATA/USB - If not empty, the "El Capitan HD" will format it completely !!
      Access to the Serial Number, ROM and MLB on a real mac

Brumbaer, stinga11, chris1111, the Clover team, onmybikedrunk, jamiethemorris, pokenguyen and many, many more   ...
      Installation:

1 - Download the file "Comprimido.zip", which contains the Kexts, tools and EFI folder already pre-configured here and decompress on your downloads folder of your Mac/Hackintosh. Then configure the BIOS 3101 of the ASUS X99 Deluxe as per the screen snapshots stored here.

2 - Run the application "El Capitan HD.app" to install the basic configuration of El Capitan into an EMPTY SSD/hard disk:

2.1 - Enter your password at about 4%

2.2 - Wait for the end, such as:

3 - Use the "Clover Configurator.app" application to mount the EFI partition.

3.1 - "Mount EFI"

3.2 - "Check Partition"

3.3 - Search by type identifier "/dev/diskX" disk that contains the partition "Macintosh-HD"

3.4 - "Mount EFI partition/diskXs1"

4 - Install the latest CLOVER v2.3:

4.1 - Run CLOVER v2.3 application and install it on to the disk "Macintosh HD," with the following options:

4.2 - Use the "Finder" file manager to copy the files:

4.2.1 - <ZIP directory>/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/*.* to the folder EFICLOVER/ACPI/

4.2.2 - <ZIP directory>/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to the folder EFI/CLOVER/

4.2.3 - <ZIP directory>/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/FakeSMC.kext to the folder EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/

4.2.4 - <ZIP directory>/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi to the folder /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

5 - Use the application "KCPM Pro.app Utility" to install the Kexts onto the "Macintosh HD" disk and then repair its file permissions  and rebuild the kext Caches:

AppleGraphicsControl.kext (changed already to SMBIOS 6.1)
      AppleIntelE1000e.kext
      BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
      BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
      FakeSMC.kext
      X99_Injector.kext

6 - Start the PC with the new 10.11.5 installed, by selecting UEFI OS (P1:xxxxxx)

6.1 - In CLOVER boot menu, select "Boot Mac OS X from Macintost-HD"

6.2 - Setup the country and don't setup yet your AppleID

6.3 - Setup a new user

6.4 - Login and then run the application "Kext utility.app" and wait for the end of its operations:

6.5 Drag and drop the "LegacyUSBHub.kext" (for USB3.0) and "AppleHDA.kext" (changed to ALC1150) onto the window of "Kext utility" and wait for it to end its operations:

6.6 - Re-start the PC

9 - Install Nvidia Driver Web - http: //us.download.n...46.03.10f02.pkg

9.1 - Install the Nvidia CUDA - http: //www.nvidia.co....29-driver.html

9.2 - Re-start the PC

10 - To configure iMessage/FaceTime its necessary to extract various data from a real Mac:

10.1 - Check that the Ethernet network card is set to "en0" by running the "DPCIManager.app" application:

10.2 - Re-do step 3 again to mount the EFI partition

10.3 - Navigate to 
       and follow the steps to extract (from a true Mac) the following data:
      Serial Number, SmUUID and Board Serial Number - used for "Clover Configurator.app" application in the "SMBIOS" section
      ROM & MLB identifier - used for  "Clover Configurator.app" application in the "Rt Variables" section
      (Using the "iMessageDebug" in a terminal window)
      10.4 - Re-start the PC

Boa sorte,

Paulo

End results:

Tests:

Information sources:

iCloud / iMessage / FaceTime - http: //www.insanelym...h/#entry2020598
      http: //www.insanelym...ative-work-thru
      http: //www.insanelym...-capitan-10113/
      http: //www.insanelym...-hotspot-patch/
      http: //www.insanelym...hda-hdmi-audio/
      http: //www.insanelym...da-audio/page-1
      http: //www.insanelym...edstep-working/
      https: //sourceforge..../Snow_or_Above/
      https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-solving-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/