upgraded from Lion...

blak24

119 posts in this topic

that located in *HDD name*? just make a zip file of it?

yes

boot -s and remove ATI Controler

boot whit -s

mount /

mkdir /atibackup

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.* /atibackup

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.*

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

shutdown -R now

yes

remove just deleting the folder in system/library/extensions? because I can do it from windows... or it's better from ML?

remove just deleting the folder in system/library/extensions? because I can do it from windows... or it's better from ML?

boot whit -s

mount /

mkdir /atibackup

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.* /atibackup

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*.*

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

shutdown -R now

thank yoi, I will try that... for the extra folder? did you read what I wrote in my previous post?

EDIT: tried but I think it didn't delete anything... these are the messages

EDIT 2: tried agains, this time I think it worked... I forgot to write mount / before :P

post-584062-0-70110300-1345631335_thumb.jpg

and you read my previous post?

yes

yes but I can't see that folder... from windows, even if I show hidden files, there is no folder called extra... should I find it when ML is booted up?

EDIT: the commands worked! thank you! now I booted with GraphicsEnabler=No... what should I do now? the EXTRA folder is not present in the HDD... probably because I have no bootloader installed... what can I do now? I should install my HD3000 integrated... because it is not recognized...

your card hd 6970 not work in ML , I go post one Extra for you, put this in Terminal app

cd /

mkdir kext_backup2

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /kext_backup

and install of the kexts fron this link.http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=282045&hl=&fromsearch=1

lok if you have Extra: put this in terminal app : ls /

post results

Use this extra, and post results

USE THIS EXTRA.zip

in the README, I have to copy ALL of the lines with commands? or just one by one executing every single command?

EDIT: I just installed HD3000 kexts you gave me, I will try them first to see if anything changed, then I will try adding the extra folder, thank you

EDIT2: the system booted with those kexts... but I have NO acceleration and the system does not recognize the intel GPU... it only says Integrated 64MB shared memory...

in the README, I have to copy ALL of the lines with commands? yes copy and paste

this for repairPermissions and rebuil caches for the kexts, if no this not load the kexts for your graphics card

man, install bootloader for your hard disk please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post photo KP

I can't boot now, kernel panic... I'm trying to delete the EXTRA folder... if I will still have kp I will do a new fresh installation and start again from the beginning... this time installing a bootloader and THEN copying the EXTRA folder.. just wait for the photo... I will upload it

THIS not extra folder, bot whit: -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

no need reinstall

your problem is caches, try delete this

boot with -s

mount /

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

reboot

THIS not extra folder, bot whit: -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

THIS not extra folder? I didn't understand... well ok, I deleted the EXTRA folder from windows, and it booted fine without any problem... how can I proceed? install a bootloader? what do you suggest? chameleon? chimera?

1. install the last chameleon

2. quit all the kexts what are installed and install this one

3. Use app Kext Wizard for install kexts and RepairPermissions/Rebuild caches

4. download app Chameleon Wizard and change in Extra your SMBIOS MacBookPro8,1 for Mac mini5,1

5.reboot

6.Good Luck!!! and post result

HD3000.zip

1. install the last chameleon

2. quit all the kexts what are installed and install this one

3. Use app Kext Wizard for install kexts and RepairPermissions/Rebuild caches

4. download app Chameleon Wizard and change in Extra your SMBIOS MacBookPro8,1 for Mac mini5,1

5.reboot

6.Good Luck!!! and post result

HD3000.zip

so, if I understood:

1- install chameleon (done)

2- reboot, then quit?? maybe delete? don't know...

3- install HD3000 you posted here with kext wizard?

4- change to macmini5,1?

EDIT: installed chameleon... kernel panic! if I boot with the chameleon (I think it's quite old) in my flash drive it works, if I boot from the HDD it goes on kernel panic... here you are the photo

post-584062-0-43170800-1345643758_thumb.jpg

booting with the chameleon in my flash drive (used to install ML), it boots both with the HD3000 and the HD6970 but none of the two are recognized... if I boot with chameleon in the HDD it goes on kernel panic... seeing the photo I suppose it's related to the CPU power management... but I don't know how to fix it...

delete all kexts Intel

3- install HD3000 you posted here with kext wizard? YES

4- change to macmini5,1? YES openSMBIOS WHAT IS IN EXTRA WITH app Chameleon Wizard LOOK FOR SMBIOS, AND SEE EDIT, change for

macmini and save changes

FOR KP instaall this kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

perfect! I'm repairing permissions now... I already edited the smbios and in system info it says macmini 5,1. before rebooting I will also install the NullCPUPowerManagement... hoping it will fix the KP

EDIT: KP fixed, but with the chameleon installed into the HDD it is stuck at NTFS drivers... (see the first photo I uploaded yesterday, at the same point), if I boot with the chameleon in my flash drive it boots... but nothing changed.. again 64MB with shared memory...and nothing else

boot only with your ML disk, Extra is in root of disk ML?

Try this boot flag: -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

put this code in terminal app and post results:kextstat > ~/Desktop/kext.txt

boot only with your ML disk, Extra is in root of disk ML?

Try this boot flag: -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

yes, EXTRA is in root of my HDD where ML is installed. I will try with that command. just to know, what is referred to the "npci=0x2000"?