PS/2 input support?

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a good way to enable PS/2 input support on Mountain Lion? My ML install mostly works (including the PS/2 keyboard), but the only one that doesn't is the mouse. I already have the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext on the Extras folder, but for some reason I couldn't make my mouse work. I know some of you might suggest on buying a USB mouse, but I'd like to have legacy PS/2 support on my system just to make sure.

PS2 works just fine on my laptop - both keyboard and touchpad. I put those kexts in S/L/E since I use kernel cache. First check the kexts, including the plug-ins, to make sure they are all 64-bit. Next, try putting them in S/L/E. If neither work, try my PS2 kexts.

PS2Kexts.zip

• Like 1

PS2 works just fine on my laptop - both keyboard and touchpad. I put those kexts in S/L/E since I use kernel cache. First check the kexts, including the plug-ins, to make sure they are all 64-bit. Next, try putting them in S/L/E. If neither work, try my PS2 kexts.

PS2Kexts.zip

Thanks!

PS2Kexts.zip

Thanks, these worked great on my Fujitsu laptop with ALPS pointing stick. Both keyboard and pointing stick work!

• 5 months later...

PS2Kexts.zip

Doesn't work on Dell M6700. Thanks for sharing anyway.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...