Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Asus X73SD-TY086V

2 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I have been trying to install Mac on my laptop without succes. I am a complete noob at this part so i'm pretty sure i need help.

Let's start with my specifications:

Intel core I7 2670QM

4 GB of ram DDR3-1333

500GB HDD. The goal is to install mac on a different partition.

Nvidia GeForce GT 610M

I have been trying to install snow leopard for a while, trying different startup options, but it would instantly reboot.

I tried both the official DVD and a snowleo iso, but they wouldn't work. Do i need a different version? I wouldn't mind buying a Lion dvd if you think that that would work.

I hope that i can get some basic help with installing mac os on a different partition, since i want both windows 7 and mac to be availible.

I'm willing to try everything, and i got plenty of DVD's in case i need to burn stuff like NawComs ModCD (which didn't help either)

Just to clear things up, i was able to install mac os without any errors, but it would never boot.

Thanks in advance, Marco

P.s. I'm from the Netherlands so excuse my english.

I did a clean install of Mac, without windows installed using snowleo, i was able to install and boot into mac snow leopard, but at the end of installing ###### or the combo update, it displays some code/errors on the screen and hangs. Also, after installing the combo update and rebooting after the crash, i can't acces mac anymore since it hangs on Pci configuration begin.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jojo2203
      habe versucht nach der Anleitung von http://x220.mcdonnelltech.com/  auf einen X220 i7 zu installieren, bisher leider erfolglos. kann mir jemand die angehangenen Log Meldungen interpretieren und einen Tip geben an welcher Stelle ich weiter probieren muss. Habe es schon mit den folgenden Bootparametern probiert
      -v -x -s -f cpus=1 maxmem=4096 GraphicsEnabler=No -no-zp
      Es war ein 8 GB Speicherriegel gesteckt und die "neue" WLAN Karte, außerdem ist zusätzlich zur MSATA eine weitere HDD installiert.

• By MikixIT
      Salve a tutti ho installato OSX, Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29), grazie a questo forum
      Ho installato tutti i Kext necessari da Nvidia a quelli per l'audio HDMI,ethernet ecc..
      L'unico problema che  Mouse e tastiera USB collegati ad un hub FUNZIONANO, mentre senza hub usb non funzionano nelle altre porte, NELLE ALTRE PORTE PERO' FUNZIONANO PEN DRIVE USB,ho provato vari kext in rete mentre il Forum era in manutenzione
      Ma non riesco a farli funzionare su altre porte,vi allego La mia EFI( http://www.mediafire.com/file/mimomvp1on4ys58/EFI-MikixIT 12%3A03%3A2018.zip) E vari screen del mio OSX con info varie

• By zafirofx
      Hi everyone. I installed MacOS High Sierra on my computer 3 months ago, in January. After a long way to get the computer fully working now I'm facing a new problem: imagine I'm working or doing something in my computer and it suddenly freezes and I have to restart it.  There's no reason why the computer restarts by itself...
      Here I also attach my Clover EFI folder in case you need it (it doesn't allow me to attach it so here i give you the link: https://mega.nz/#!92xCiLDZ!WY1F55ZvuP-9WW369EP9KY-3hNLt5sWUgJDxPrbgpPM .
      Thank you in advance.
    • By MikixIT
      Hi guys
      i need help for this kernel panic its the first hackintosh for me
      I posted photo error
      my spec: i7 720qm,gt 730 2 gb ddr3 msi,8 gb ram
      its a desktop
      Pls help me

• By Angelo_
      Hi guys, i'm trying to help a friend of mine trying to install osx(possibly high sierra) on his pc with the following specs: 
      Amd fx8350 
      Asrock 990fx extreme 3
      8gb of fury Kingston ddr3 ram(2x4)
      Radeon hd 7950
      128gb ssd( crucial m550)
      A couple of hdds I don't remember the brand(maybe a seagate barracuda and a dumb old disk for data)
      We tried to install it using the regular clover+high showers installer but we couldn't get it to reach the installer, then we tried osx-amd(don't know if i can talk about it there, sorry if i can't) and we still couldn't get to the installer.
      Is there a guide i can use to install osx in that machin, i tried to search in the forum but i couldn't find it.