Black Mountain

eep357

29 posts in this topic

No sleep problems, but am running at 3.8ghz at the moment with HD7970 installed since it's still pre-release want to be sure it is rock solid before bumping it up. It requires sleep/wake cycle to make displays work after startup. On C0/C1 stepping, 3.8ghz really is the sweet spot where you don't have to increase voltage much as anything after that the CPU voltage required starts to go up exponentially, on the other hand, 4Ghz is nice :)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks! I made a few, but most were made by my brother (I have a bunch), but for this reason, not being my own work and the creator knowing where to find me :) I can't re-distribute them :( All were done in photoshop using the normal mac HD images as basis with hue and saturation adjusted to give some variety. Then image of your choice cropped using magic wand tool, maybe a bit of manual cleanup on the edges while zoomed way in. Resize to match size of default hard drive image and add a drop shadow. If you keep the hard drive images and the art images a seperate layers in PNG format, you can easily switch the hard drive image to any color or another drive type at any time very easy. Pixelmator would work just as well and is what I tend to use most these days.

I use gimp (Anyone see a cheap person :P ).