[Help] iatkos l2 on Intel HD 3000 Graphics [Acer 5750 with Customization Section ]

ammar555

77 posts in this topic

See my update above.

Just give me the 3 pieces of info I asked for the 3 devices. No need for more pix.

Sorry for given you a picture, but this way I don't make any mistakes writing anything down.

vg5ttu.jpg

NOTE: I won't be able to follow you up at this moment, for emergency purposes I have to leave. I will get back to you in probably 4 hours. I will follow the rest of steps when I come back. I sure thank you for the great help you made, this is by far the biggest achievement I ever made in a month.

Well, things are not going well. There is no driver for the wireless. The solution is to buy a Broadcom 4321 card and replace the one that is in the computer. You have to make sure you get the right size of card because some come in half-height size. Also, does your computer have a wireless power switch - one that turns it on and off? These can be a problem because they default to off and when OSX boots and there is no power on the card, it won't initialize it and it won't work. One hack is to place a piece of tape on one of the pads so the power always stays on.

There is a Snow Leopard driver for ethernet but it causes problems when used with Lion.

Sound - the only solution so far is VoodooHDA but that causes you to have kernel panic and loud sounds. There may be older versions or tweaks that will make it work. I may need you to get me a piece of information from Windows - I assume you have Windows on this machine? Also, in OSX, look at a program called System Information (a different one than what you downloaded). Go to the Go menu and select Utilities. Find System Information and open it. On the left side, click on Audio. What does it say on the upper right side and on the lower right side?

I'm going to think about this overnight and see if I can come up with anything else.

Question: what is the model number of your Acer?

• Like 1

Go to the Go menu and select Utilities. Find System Information and open it. On the left side, click on Audio. What does it say on the upper right side and on the lower right side?

Question: what is the model number of your Acer?

just came back!

Here is a picture for the Audio Info

rrp6hx.jpg

I have Acer 5750-9292 and yes I have a wireless power switch to turn it on and off.

Let's try IwanttoHackintosh's suggestion to install an old version of VoodooHDA.kext. This one doesn't have an installer package so we have to install the kext ourselves. Maintaining permissions on the kext is very important,, so we will use the program Kext Helper b7. We also need to remove AppleHDA.kext or it will conflict.

1. Drag the following file to the Trash. It will ask for your password. /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

2. Download VoodooHDA.kext: http://code.google.c...dooHDA.kext.zip

3. Place it on your Desktop. Double-click it to unzip it.

4. Download Kext Helper b7: http://cheetha.net/

5. Place it on your Desktop. Double-click it to unzip it. Double-click it to open it.

6. Drag the VoodooHDA.kext to the big window in Kext Helper. Type in your password. Click "Easy Install"

7. Reboot -f

I know you have to boot into Windows to download the above files. I would like a piece of information from Windows. There is a small chance it might help with the sound situation.

1. Go to Device Manager.

2. The quickest way I know to get there is to click on the Start button, find Computer, right-click and select Properties. Device Manager will be the first item on the left.

3. Clck on Sound, video and game controllers.

4. Right-click on High Definition Audio Device and select Properties. Click on the Details tab

5. In the pop-up menu, select Hardware IDs

6. I'm looking for the 4-digit numbers beside VEN_ and DEV_

Even though it might not work, we should try the driver for the Ethernet. To get that driver, you will need to open an account at http://www.osx86.net/. Go there and register for an account.

Have you ever opened the memory compartment of your computer? If so, can you see the wireless card in there?

• Like 1

Let's try IwanttoHackintosh's suggestion to install an old version of VoodooHDA.kext. This one doesn't have an installer package so we have to install the kext ourselves. Maintaining permissions on the kext is very important,, so we will use the program Kext Helper b7. We also need to remove AppleHDA.kext or it will conflict.

6. I'm looking for the 4-digit numbers beside VEN_ and DEV_

Even though it might not work, we should try the driver for the Ethernet. To get that driver, you will need to open an account at http://www.osx86.net/. Go there and register for an account.

Have you ever opened the memory compartment of your computer? If so, can you see the wireless card in there?

I followed the first part, I installed VoodooHDA.kext, then rebooted with -f, but the Apple logo kept spinning forever.

Then I rebooted in normal mode, logged in, but there is no sound.

As for the second part, here is a picture for what you need.

f387cm.jpg

And yes I upgraded my laptop to 8 GB RAM sometime ago, but I really don't remember if I saw a wireless card. If it's essential to know, I will open it again.

I do also have an account at osx86.net

Update: According to this website, it should be easy to access the wireless card, its right next to the two memory sticks.

http://www.hardwares...750-Laptop/1359

OK, access to the wireless card is necessary if you want wireless internet under OSX. You need a different card.

To try the ethernet kext, we first need to do something with the existing kext and then install a replacement kext just like you did with VoodooHDA.kext and Kext Helper. If I remember correctly, you created a folder called IntelBack for the video kexts. That will be a good home for the old ethernet kext.

Open Terminal

Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  sudo mv IONetworkingFamily.kext IntelBack/
(type your password when requested and then press <Enter>)

Download the new kext: http://www.osx86.net...m_bcm57785.html

Double-click to unzip and install using Kext Helper

Reboot -f

Update:

Let's also try another sound kext.

Drag the following kext to the Trash and give your password: /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext

Download,, unzip and install using Kext Helper: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1959

Reboot -f

OK, access to the wireless card is necessary if you want wireless internet under OSX. You need a different card.

To try the ethernet kext, we first need to do something with the existing kext and then install a replacement kext just like you did with VoodooHDA.kext and Kext Helper. If I remember correctly, you created a folder called IntelBack for the video kexts. That will be a good home for the old ethernet kext.

Open Terminal

Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  sudo mv IONetworkingFamily.kext IntelBack/
(type your password when requested and then press <Enter>)

Download the new kext: http://www.osx86.net...m_bcm57785.html

Double-click to unzip and install using Kext Helper

Reboot -f

The operation was successful!

I was able to get it internet by plugging a wire to my laptop, but the wireless seems not to be working. Much better progress!

Excellent!

The wireless will not work without buying a new card.

In posting 32, I added an Update to try another sound kext.

I will try it, I just have to switch to windows to download files. My USB doesn't show up in the finder for some reason. I will be back!

USB doesn't show up in the finder for some reason.

Try this:

Go to the Finder menu and select Preferences. Click on General. The top item defines what shows up on the Desktop. Click on those boxes until the USB shows up.

Try this:

Go to the Finder menu and select Preferences. Click on General. The top item defines what shows up on the Desktop. Click on those boxes until the USB shows up.

The sound operation was also successful!

The USB is still not showing.

The display resolution is only 1024 X 768, is there a way to get the standard resolution .

How do I know which wireless card I should buy?

I really hate to put too much load on you, forgive me.

Great for sound!

USB, I'll think about. If you click on the Finder icon in the Dock (the left-most icon), a Finder window opens. There is a sidebar on the left with your drives and favorites and things. Scroll the left sidebar to see if you can find the USB there.

Wireless - the best thing would be a picture - I need to know the size of it - there are two sizes

Display - we can try, but a lot of people have problems with it.

Great for sound!

USB, I'll think about. If you click on the Finder icon in the Dock (the left-most icon), a Finder window opens. There is a sidebar on the left with your drives and favorites and things. Scroll the left sidebar to see if you can find the USB there.

Wireless - the best thing would be a picture - I need to know the size of it - there are two sizes

Display - we can try, but a lot of people have problems with it.

The USB doesn't show up, but I might not need it. I have access to my Windows 7 files, they show up under Acer.

The Display is not a big problem, I am happy with the current resolution, I just thought it's good to have all the options.

The wireless I can try to take a picture of it later, but I know I won't need the wireless this week.

I am completely happy with what I have right now, if I think I should optimazing the laptop a little more, I will update this thread. For now everything is great.

I need to know one more important thing, How do I make a donation to you? You can send me a private message.

I have set a new goal, which is to install xcode 4.2 on iatkos L2.

My brother gave me the .dmg file which is around 1.68 GB, but when I try to install it, I get to the very last step, then the installation fails. Here is a picture of what I see [google].

screen-shot-2009-...30.12-pm-16499c8.png

Is there a specific method that I need to know in order to install Xcode 4.2 ?

Verify that you haven't run out of space on your Lion partition. Right-click on Lion and select Get Info. Look at space used and available.

During installation, the installer keeps a log. It is available under the Window menu. Install again and see what it says for the last several lines of the log when the installation fails.

I read where it took one guy seven attempts before the installation was successful.

• Like 1

Verify that you haven't run out of space on your Lion partition. Right-click on Lion and select Get Info. Look at space used and available.

During installation, the installer keeps a log. It is available under the Window menu. Install again and see what it says for the last several lines of the log when the installation fails.

I read where it took one guy seven attempts before the installation was successful.

I did try to install it multiple times, but my attempts were unsuccessful.

I do have the error log in the attachments.

Installer Log 15-Apr-2012.txt

Attachment wasn't there but is now.

It is a certificate error. There is a certificate that has expired. This is a problem that has happened before. Temporarily set your date back a couple of years.

System Preferences -> Date and Time

Make sure you uncheck the automatic updating from the internet, then turn back the year above the calendar. You can undo it when you are done.

• Like 1

Attachment wasn't there but is now.

It is a certificate error. There is a certificate that has expired. This is a problem that has happened before. Temporarily set your date back a couple of years.

System Preferences -> Date and Time

Make sure you uncheck the automatic updating from the internet, then turn back the year above the calendar. You can undo it when you are done.

You are one of a kind, absolutely amazing. It's installing now.

I fail words to express my gratitude to you for all you have done.

I would like to thank you as well. I just finished installing iAktos L2 on a Lenovo X220. If you are still available maybe you can help me to get the graphics working better.

I would like to add that I am unable to use an external USB post installation. It's not being recognized by the OS. I am using a ScanDisk Cruzer 8GB thumb drive that I formatted as FAT32. I need to get this working to begin using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] or DSDT. I installed the USB drivers when I installed iAktos L2 thinking that it would solve the problem.

I do have a working Ethernet connection though so I am able to download files if needed. Great work guys. This really helped me out.

I was also wondering if I should just install Lion from the retail version instead. Would this solve some of my issues and allow the system to update as well?