[Help] iatkos l2 on Intel HD 3000 Graphics [Acer 5750 with Customization Section ]

ammar555

77 posts in this topic

I've read that already. My problem is that I don't have an existing Mac OS X installation.

I would prefer to avoid installing Snow Leopard in VM Ware but it may be my only alternative. I've been working on this install for a few days now and understand that this is all a part of the process. Thanks again.

If I could get the iAtkos L2 to recognize a USB drive then I could prepare a bootable image from there. Again, any ideas are appreciated and I will continue to research.

I've read that already. My problem is that I don't have an existing Mac OS X installation.

You only need an existing installation to prepare a Lion installer. But you already have a Lion installer called iAtkos L2. Reinstall iAtkos L2 with the default settings, or as default as you can get away with. Then download the Extra folder and DSDT from that link and install them into your installation. You should then be really close to the installation defined by that link. If you want to upgrade to 10.7.3, read the next posting in that link.

No, it is a full installation of Lion. But it provides convenience by giving you customization choices. But after you have customized, do you know what it did to your installation? When you upgrade to a newer version of Lion and it breaks, do you know which kexts got over-ridden with the update? Not unless you know how to dissect the installer and figure out what it is doing. That is why it is preferred that you go with a vanilla installation because you know all of the changes you made and you can redo them during an upgrade. That is why I suggested you make as few selections as possible so that you are as close to a vanilla installation as possible. But if you need PS/2 for your keyboard and trackpad and you need an ethernet driver so you can download, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

You only need an existing installation to prepare a Lion installer. But you already have a Lion installer called iAtkos L2. Reinstall iAtkos L2 with the default settings, or as default as you can get away with. Then download the Extra folder and DSDT from that link and install them into your installation. You should then be really close to the installation defined by that link. If you want to upgrade to 10.7.3, read the next posting in that link.

Okay. I am pleased to report the USB recognition is now working. I re-installed iAtkos L2 and am trying to edit the DSDT. When I click compile I get this error message:

________________________________________________________________________________

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]

Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/anarchy/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 1: ACPI ATRB, 32,

Error 4096 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITIONBLOCK

ASL Input: /Users/anarchy/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 14622 lines, 485540 bytes, 0 keywords

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. Does DSDT contain a fix for this that I can search for? I would upload my dsdt file, but I am not permitted.

OK, I hated to go this far. Booting with -x was intended to turn off the regular video drivers and force it to use a VESA driver where you only get one resolution and no acceleration. But at least you get to the Desktop so you can do some work. But booting -x has caused some other problem. So, the other way is to physically remove the video drivers to force the use of the VESA driver. Actually, we are only going to move them to a new folder so they will still be available. We are going to do this in single user mode which has text for a GUI and you will be typing commands at a command line.

Boot -s

At the prompt "root:"

Type:  mount -uw /
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  mkdir IntelBack
Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* IntelBack/
Type:  mv AppleIntelSNB* IntelBack/

Reboot -v -f

These are the instructions I followed that allowed me to boot into iAktos L2 successfully. I don't believe that I need to edit the DSDT at this point. Nothing seems broken yet. However, my graphics don't seem to be working correctly when I try to watch internet videos. You mentioned putting the Apple Intel HD graphics kexts back. Should I put them back, and wouldn't replacing those kext files cause the same problem on the next boot?

Thanks so much for the help.

Well, in theory, if you have installed all the files from the other X220 thread, then the HD3000 should work. So, to test that, you would need to put the graphics files back and boot. But first, I would find and install the Chameleon RC5 it talks about. The installer might be in the USB Installation package.

The process is:

- install iAtkos L2

- move Intel graphic files to folder

- boot Lion 10.7.2

- install files from Extra_Mac_Part.tar.gz in other X220 thread

- install DSDT.aml from other X220 thread

- install Chameleon RC5 from other X220 thread (might be in Extra_USB.tar.gz)

- move Intel graphic files back to SLE

- boot -v -f

That should be like the configuration in the other X220 thread.

Well, in theory, if you have installed all the files from the other X220 thread, then the HD3000 should work. So, to test that, you would need to put the graphics files back and boot. But first, I would find and install the Chameleon RC5 it talks about. The installer might be in the USB Installation package.

The process is:

- install iAtkos L2

- move Intel graphic files to folder

- boot Lion 10.7.2

- install files from Extra_Mac_Part.tar.gz in other X220 thread

- install DSDT.aml from other X220 thread

- install Chameleon RC5 from other X220 thread (might be in Extra_USB.tar.gz)

- move Intel graphic files back to SLE

- boot -v -f

That should be like the configuration in the other X220 thread.

Right on. This will save me a lot of time. I've been creating a bootable USB to completely re-install. Unfortunately, I get a boot error when I installed chameleon Rc5 and cannot boot into the iAktos L2 install. I will re-install and try again using the updated version of Chameleon, and follow your instructions.

I'll post results. Let me know what you think about using the updated Chameleon.

Just for fun, use a boot flag of -v “GraphicsEnabler=No”

What version of Chameleon did you settle on?

When you were able to boot, did everything else seem to work?

Chimera 1.6 that was included with the iAtkos L2 iso worked the best. The USB drives are all working and sound is working with the VooDoo 2.7.3 option.

I got the graphics working using the very latest HD 3000 kexts located here: http://www.osx86.net...ics_latest.html

I installed them using Kext-beast. Now I'm going to work on tackling Wi-fi using a usb adapter. Your help has been awesome bro!

• Like 1

I couldn't even get the iAtkos L2 installation to boot until I read your solution yesterday.

Good job!

Thanks so much. Never would have got there without you.

Ammar555, if you're still out there... Were you able to replace your Intel HD kexts or are you still running it in a Vesa mode? I was just wondering if those same kexts would solve your graphics problem as well.

I had a Airlink 101 Golden N Wireless USB adapter laying around and figured I should try it before buying a new wireless adapter. I Installed the Realtek Wireless Utility and configured it to run on startup. It works like a charm. I'm now typing from my very first hack connected wirelessly.

Awesome...

My track point is working now which is excellent! Super stoked. The only thing left to do is figure out how to dim the monitor and Everything will be working.

I did the complete install without the use of an existing Mac OS X installation. I will post the entire build as soon as I get the dimming feature fixed. I'll also give a shout out to all those who helped :)

Hello, I am back!

rlf, I have the pictures for the wireless card.

Front Picture:

161hq9v.jpg

Back Pictures:

wldsv4.jpg

30cx4rs.jpg

Here is my new list that I would like to fix, it doesn't have to be in order.

1: Change the Wireless Card [Working on it]

2: Be able to dim brightness [My eyes hurts after 10 mins, its too bright.]

3: Put the laptop to sleep [The screen turns black when I put it to sleep, but the laptop does not really sleep]

4: Change the resolution to standard [The current display doesn't look too good]

io anarchy oi, I will try the kexts some other time, and let you know about the results.

This thread started out with ammar555 having the problem with Lion where he would boot and he would get a black screen. He has HD 3000 graphics. Examining the problem in verbose mode (-v), it was discovered that the boot was frozen at "DSMOS has arrived". This means that the installation has booted but there is a graphics problem. To temporarily get around that and to boot with VESA drivers, the AppleIntel* kexts were removed from /S/L/E.

After a lot of work, ammar555 has successfully booted with working HD 3000 graphics. The solution boiled down to what has been stated before. If you have the correct smbios.plist in your Extra folder, then Lion should boot and the HD 3000 graphics should work. Which it did. Now ammar555 had two problems. There was a frequent kernel panic on boot and when it booted, there were artifacts on the screen (pink boxes). It seems that booting in 32-bit mode using arch=i386 solved both of those problems.

About the "correct" smbios.plist. If your graphics card has a device id of 0112 then you need a smbios.plist with MacBookPro8,1. If your device id is 0116, then the smbios.plist should be MacBookPro 8,3.

• 1 month later...

Yes, you can use the Terminal program in the install DVD. It will change a couple of commands and you must know the name of your Mac partition. If you don't remember the exact name of the Mac partition, go into Disk Utility and look it up.

Open Terminal

At the prompt,

Type:  cd "/Volumes/(name of your Mac partition)"   <== use the quote marks but not the parentheses
Type:  ls	<== this lists the files and directories

If you DON'T see a file named "mach_kernel", you need to try again
If you DO see a file named "mach_atom", you need to try again

Type:  cd System/Library/Extensions

Reboot -v -f

Hi.

I get "Read only file system" when try mkdir IntelBack..

please help me.

Hi.

I get "Read only file system" when try mkdir IntelBack..

please help me.

It looks like you missed following my clues that I put in there:

1. Make sure you are spelling the name of your Mac disk correctly - use quotation marks but not the parentheses

2. Type: LS

If you DON'T see a file named "mach_kernel", you need to try again.

Now all of the above was using the Terminal on the Install DVD. We did this because the member had trouble booting in single-user mode (-s).

If you can boot in single-user mode (-s), then you can do it a little differently and maybe more reliably:

Boot -s

Wait for the prompt "root:"

Type:  mount -uw /
Type:  cd /System/Library
Type:  touch Extensions
Type:  cd Extensions
Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* IntelBack/

Boot -v -f

I'm a noob at Linux.

type "cd /Volumes/MAC"

type "ls", I can see a file named "mach_kernel"

type "Boot -s", it shows "unknown command"

type "mount -uw /"

type "cd /System/Library/Extensions"

type "pwd", it shows "/System/Library/Extensions"

type "ls", I can see some AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelSNB* filenames.

type "mkdir IntelBack", it shows "Read-only filesystem".

So I erase MAC partition and reinstall MAC OS. Now I can't see AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelSNB* at /System/Library/Extensions. Maybe I didn't tick something at Customize.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, you can use the Terminal program in the install DVD. It will change a couple of commands and you must know the name of your Mac partition. If you don't remember the exact name of the Mac partition, go into Disk Utility and look it up.

Open Terminal

At the prompt,

Type:  cd "/Volumes/(name of your Mac partition)"   <== use the quote marks but not the parentheses
Type:  ls	<== this lists the files and directories

If you DON'T see a file named "mach_kernel", you need to try again

Type:  cd System/Library/Extensions

Reboot -v -f

This worked flawlessly and I thank you soooooooo much!

• 2 years later...

Hello, is it possible to resume this topic? I have this problem:

Only 64 MB shared memory on HD 3000... I can't load the kest... "" About the "correct" smbios.plist. If your graphics card has a device id of 0112 then you need a smbios.plist with MacBookPro8,1. If your device id is 0116, then the smbios.plist should be MacBookPro 8,3.  "" ..because with iAtkos ML2 if I set MacBook Pro 6.1 and I install with Intel Graphics the installation work but at the end I have Black Screen and sound ecc.... If I don't install Intel I have graphics but no kext and only 64 Mb shared..... What to do? May be install with no kext than change to MacBook Pro 8.3 and than install the kexts?
But exactly what kext I have to install and how many they are? Any idea? Thanks....