Booting issues, 1 good 1 not

2 posts in this topic

I just rebuilt my Dell E6400 with Lion. I'm working on a dual-boot with Windows 7 and my bootloader cannot boot into Lion and I'm wondering why. The fun part is when I use my USB drive that has the Chimera 1.7.0 r1394 bootloader, Lion boots just fine from the HD partition.

Currently Chimera 1.7.0 r1394 is installed and displays both Win7 and Lion. When I choose Lion, I get the fancy apple logo and it hangs. Verbose says it fails at:

apple16x50uartsync2: Detected 16550AF /c /cf FIFO=16 Maxbaud=115200

Above that it states it bugs out about voodoobattery, but then moves on to the above.

Originally used ###### to just install Chimera and that didn't work right out of the box

Rebuilt the bootloader using ###### and selected UserDST, still no go. I know I'm missing something, since having my USB drive be the bootloader works just fine.

I'm currently working on manually editing the chameleon.boot.plist but I'm not sure where or what to remove. I thought the pros would guide me in the right direction.

Is there a way to look at the USB bootloaders file and copy that? Where and how can I view it?