10.8 USB Installation Tutorial (Link Inside)

besweeet

52 posts in this topic

So I followed the guide, used my DSDT so I did not place NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in S/L/E, and was able to boot, however I too get stuck at "Still waiting for root device". Tried deleting DSDT and used the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, still gets stuck, same spot. I can't see how it is a chipset problem, my healthy SL drive only needs FakeSMC and an edited DSDT to work. My system specs are in my sig, what am I missing?

Due I have got the same error and its irritating the hell out of me.... maybe yoiu can get past with botting With arch=i386, bit you may get stuck as many drivers require 64-bit ... like my Video Driver... it is a 64-bit driver..and them i am stuck at DSMOS has arrivedd.. any solutions???

Installation works flawlessly but every second app (mail, reminders, notes, ...) crashes on startup. The system is snappy as Lion and I'm writing this post in a fully functional Safari, but the crashes are strange.

Due I have got the same error and its irritating the hell out of me.... maybe yoiu can get past with botting With arch=i386, bit you may get stuck as many drivers require 64-bit ... like my Video Driver... it is a 64-bit driver..and them i am stuck at DSMOS has arrivedd.. any solutions???

what is your video driver? just remove any AppleIntel drivers in your ML with your working video drivers

I have a problem about the installation process which suddenly freeze always when time remaining shown 5 minutes.. any solutions??

what is your video driver? just remove any AppleIntel drivers in your ML with your working video drivers

ATI radeon hd4350.... i deleted every graphic card kext so that it wud boot without QE/CI and then i could fix up later... but it throws the same error!!!!

Hi Guys,

I have a HP ProBook 6450b (i5 quad core) with 4GB, integrated Intel HD graphics and Kingston SSD. Every time I try to boot with 10.8 USB key it gets stacked with the following message:

ACPI_SMC_PlatforPlugin::stat - waitForService(ressourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) time out

DSMOS has arrived

And it freezes here...

Do you know how to fix that?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I have a HP ProBook 6450b (i5 quad core) with 4GB, integrated Intel HD graphics and Kingston SSD. Every time I try to boot with 10.8 USB key it gets stacked with the following message:

ACPI_SMC_PlatforPlugin::stat - waitForService(ressourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) time out

DSMOS has arrived

And it freezes here...

Thanks.

Tried these http://www.insanelym...howtopic=276141 & http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=276235 ?

Hi Guys,

DSMOS has arrived

And it freezes here...

Thanks.

remove all of your AppleIntel graphics drivers and replace with your SL's working graphics drivers

Thks for the guide i have managed to install ML on my Dell optiplex 780.

For the boot USB i have also used my Lion Extra folder and put it on the disk because of kernel panic after that the boot disk started correct without kernel panic en i have now a mountain lion to test. ;)

Installation works flawlessly but every second app (mail, reminders, notes, ...) crashes on startup. The system is snappy as Lion and I'm writing this post in a fully functional Safari, but the crashes are strange.

This is exactly my case also, but it seems that only Apple core apps, like the one you mentioned, crashes on startup. Anyone knows what's causing this and how to fix it?

Installed on my Q9400, GB Ep-45 Extreme, works perfectly, using patched DSDT and 3 kexsts, MacMan Realtek driver, FakeSMC and Alc889 enabler.

Feels faster than lion for some reason...or is it just me :D

Hi,

I have installed using this guide. I've used my existing Lion DSDT, i have a problem that although system report spots my 3 nic interfaces, non of them appear in the network system prefs. any ideas? screen shot attached

Cheers

Jon

6794887050_278d93e13a_o.png

Works all without problems ! Speedstep works too ! :thumbsup_anim: P.S. It's funny to me when people hide the serial number on the Hackintosh.

:hysterical: Sorry guys, but I had to write it... ;)

108zq.png

Hi,

I have installed using this guide. I've used my existing Lion DSDT, i have a problem that although system report spots my 3 nic interfaces, non of them appear in the network system prefs. any ideas? screen shot attached

Cheers

Jon

To answer my own question. the problem was an old version of networking kexts i was using in lion. using the latest lnx2mac realtek driver works fine now. just going through fixing CMOS reset, and need to get trim re-enabled for my thrid party drive. I've had no problems with app store or facetime logins.

Cheers

Jon

Works all without problems ! Speedstep works too ! :thumbsup_anim: P.S. It's funny to me when people hide the serial number on the Hackintosh.

:hysterical: Sorry guys, but I had to write it... ;)

You may have no problem sharing your serial number, but I do. Makes no difference if its a hack or not. ok you can generate a new one if you have to, but why bother risking that. same with system UUID.

Installed on my Q9400, GB Ep-45 Extreme, works perfectly, using patched DSDT and 3 kexsts, MacMan Realtek driver, FakeSMC and Alc889 enabler.

Feels faster than lion for some reason...or is it just me :D

Can you share your exact method of installation?

I am having no luck on my GB EP45-DS3R

I have Lion running sweet (except sleep) so I have all the kexts etc for that.

Mike

For the full tutorial, refer to http://thetecherra.c...tart-to-finish/.

Basically, you'll be preparing your USB flash drive to install 10.8 with on your computer. It's basically the same process as with Lion, but with a few tweaks and stuff.

screenshot20120217at521.png

I try to follow The tutorial..i manage to pass all the booting process but when it reach to the installation point choosing the language, it goes KP. any idea about it? thanks mate .

• 2 weeks later...

thanks! i have installed MLION on an SSD running fast, everything is working (so far) except the network, i have copy the kexts from lion but it didn't helped, my mono is ABIT IP35 pro using Marvell chip...anyone can help me on that? or having the same mono with working kexts to share?

Thanks

I can't seem to boot into the USB drive for some reason, the process goes like this: Boot into Chameleon -> type "-v" -> wall of text (too fast to read any errors) -> black screen into immediate system reboot. Is there some BIOS setting that I might be getting wrong? Am I only supposed to have a certain amount of RAM plugged in for this install?

Thanks for the great guide!

I can't seem to boot into the USB drive for some reason, the process goes like this: Boot into Chameleon -> type "-v" -> wall of text (too fast to read any errors) -> black screen into immediate system reboot. Is there some BIOS setting that I might be getting wrong? Am I only supposed to have a certain amount of RAM plugged in for this install?

Thanks for the great guide!

Same for me. But thats Chameleon Bootloader problem - i used latest ML ready 1890 and even listed as ML ready it reboots if ML boot.

I used 1890 ML Cham build .pkg , with DP1 i used older cham ML build which didnt reboots.

I use now older ML ready build 1831 and no more reboot (after kext loading infos in -v)

But now i get SHUTDOWN after selecting the language in first install menue?!

i have strange problem the installation can't even detect my hard

my specs is latitude e5500

any external hard can be detected but can't install to them

so why my hard doesn't appear in disk utility at first step of installing

& my SATA mode is AHCI

remove all of your AppleIntel graphics drivers and replace with your SL's working graphics drivers

When you say replace with SL's working graphics you mean Snow Leopard (which I don't have installed obviously) or System Library? And replace theme where? put them in Extra folder? This folder is currently empty.

Thanks for your help.

This is an Intel i5 520M Arrandale with Intel HD Graphics

I followed this guide with two exceptions:

1. I replaced IOPCIFamily.kext with this one: http://netkas.org/?p=1072, because otherwise it was freezing "PCI configuration begin".

2. I added two kexts from my Lion installation to enable PS keyboard and mouse.

Now my installation stops at

Sandbox: mDNSResponder (103) deny mach-lookup com.apple.distributed_notifications@1v3

This happens on two very different machines (one of which runs Lion flawlessly).

Any suggestions on how to go further with the installation process?

Now my installation stops at

Sandbox: mDNSResponder (103) deny mach-lookup com.apple.distributed_notifications@1v3

Now I'm pretty sure it was an illusion. In fact it freezes on "DSMOS has arrived". Deleted all nvidia kexts and run with "-k" switch but still no go.