An evening with my new (old) iPod

Swad

36 posts in this topic

sandmanfvrga - you can get other album art from Amazon. Just open up the info pane for any tracks you want to edit and then drag and drop the album art into the window!

That's exactly what I used to do, or what I do when iTunes doesn't have the cover =)

Damn, didn't know that. Got is all settled now (I do want a better shot of Batman and Robin cover than Amazon, white line around it and kind of fuzzy). One thing about iTunes that irritates me from the first time I used it: simple interface but so many hidden functions that are never told to you. Thanks.

What disappoints me is that it only downloads album art for your iTunes library.. those of us that manually sync our iPods instead of having the library automatically update them are left manually setting covers... has anyone else noticed this?

I personally find the new search feature fairly useful, once you get used to it.. has anyone noticed they added a battery display to watching video?

One thing I noticed, iTunes 7 didn't show in Leopard's updater - I installed manually and it worked fine.

Personally, iTunes 7 looks a bit better designed in my opinion, with a new downloading area that eliminates the change of the top ticker every x seconds. Also, the Podcasts in the sidebar show (x) of the new podcasts updated. Overall, I think it's a good improvement.... I'm still getting used to the new blue notes hehe....

-Neospy

What's really really bothering me now is that sometimes it does not do what I tell it to because it's too busy updating "Gapless Playback Information" for the 6500 songs I have. If I stop that, I can copy one song or group of songs before it starts right back up doing it again. How stupid!

I'm kinda glad they've mainly made software changes this time round as apposed to their normal hardware changes.

I’ve always hated how apple would always come up with a great upgrade 6 months later making the millions of us who paid bucket-loads for our Apple products feel like asses who maybe should have waited a little. But you can only wait so long. And anyway they’d just bring something else out 6 months after that. So no winning.

This time round it makes most of us who have 5G (are the new ones 5G?) iPods appreciate our babies more, which keeps us happy and loyal customers for the next big upgrade/product.

On a side note: iPod Nano Colours

Except the Black and maybe Pink for the girls (or guys, if you're into that) all the other Nano colours look rubbish. I can't really explain it. Plastic maybe. No, I got it now.... icon8.gif. I mean just look at the Blue for example. Now I like blue as a colour but OHH MY GOD!!! I would want to hide it all the time if I had it and I’m sure that wasn't what Apple wanted us all to do.

I’m talking after I went to check them out in my local Apple Store earlier Today. (Could you believe they only stared installing them for display around 6pm - store closes at 7pm I think. Lucky I came around 6pm and found then doing it then. So got to see them.)

And the new 8GB Black is meant to seem more attractive due to it's unique position as the only 8GB iPod (similar to the Black MacBook). But surely if you're going to try and get this impression in peoples head so that they go out and buy it, you need to make it look different from the current/old Black Nano. Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn't it look exactly the same? Having the white coloured wheel like the other have would have created a distinction from the old and the new. But guess they had too much black paint to use up somehow.

cp_top_nano_060912.jpg

overview-hero.png

On a side note: iPod Nano Colours

Except the Black and maybe Pink for the girls (or guys, if you're into that) all the other Nano colours look rubbish. I can't really explain it. Plastic maybe. No, I got it now.... icon8.gif. I mean just look at the Blue for example. Now I like blue as a colour but OHH MY GOD!!! I would want to hide it all the time if I had it and I’m sure that wasn't what Apple wanted us all to do.

You do realize, that these are exactly the same colours as the old Minis? I had a blue one for awhile, and it was actually quite sharp. I'm glad they got rid of the sandwich case and brought back anodized aluminum. It makes for a much more durable case.

how to upgrade the iPod 5th gen firmware for gapless playback ?

I don't understand how can someone with an "old" 5th gen iPod

can update it's firmware to be able to play with no gaps between songs.

there is no update when using software update on the mac or when

trying - apple.com --> support --> downloads --> iPod.

Thanks all.

Dooli.