woo hoo i passed my quiz. looking for some assistance

k00lrav

67 posts in this topic

Aw, {censored}. If you want to try one more thing, type:

rd(0,0)/Extra/legacy_kernel-10.6.8 npci=0x2000

And if that doesn't work, do

rd(0,0)/Extra/legacy_kernel-10.6.8 npci=0x3000

hey good morning. i wanted to give an update, i have made a lot of progress using the command for legacy kernel andusing the npci=0x2000. but when i get to installation screen it is telling me it could not read the disc and how i should try cleaning it and try doing the reinstallation. well i tried that and that did not work, i also started to do some digging and found that it is seeing that the disc is a 10.6.7 disc. could this be why its not installing because the kernel is for 10.6.8. i have some images.

post-952339-0-45400500-1327763020_thumb.jpg

post-952339-0-10987800-1327763028_thumb.jpg

will get that thanks. also can i use the modcd or do i need another mod cd

The guide about patching the model-specific DVDs is here. It's fairly simple (I wrote it up :P). If you need a Windows solution I can adapt it.

wow your awesome. yes please i need one for windows :-) i have no mac :-(

The ModCD will work with any Snow Leopard DVD.

For Windows instructions, first download this. I haven't done Windows patching in so long I'll have to find where I wrote it down. :P

That's great that you have a VB installation!! :D

For OS X, make an ISO of your DVD (if it is a physical disc) and drag the ISO somewhere it can be worked with in VirtualBox. In VirtualBox, open the ISO, go to Optional Installs, and install XCode. Once that's done, drag OSInstall.mpkg from /System/Installation/Packages on the ISO onto your Desktop. From there, follow my guide I linked above to fix the package. Once you've compiled it, if your ISO is a read/write ISO, rename the compiled package to OSInstall.mpkg and drag it to replace the old one on the ISO. If it is a read-only ISO, open Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities) and click the Convert button. Choose DVD/CD Master as the format and convert. Once you have a read/write image, go ahead and drag your newly compiled OSInstall.mpkg into /System/Installation/Packages on your ISO. Once you're done, go ahead and burn! :) The burning can be done in VirtualBox.