woo hoo i passed my quiz. looking for some assistance

k00lrav

67 posts in this topic

You have 10.6.8. Before booting, type npci=2000. So, you come to the boot prompt, swap the DVD, press F5, and type:

npci=2000

and then press enter. Unless you use Apple's kernel, then you type:

mach_kernel npci=2000

See if that works. If not I'll get you a 10.6.8 kernel.

the flag is npci=0x2000

Sometimes 0x3000 is required (hardware dependant)

Thanks James. My fault on that one. :)

10.6.8 is the only one that has that [PCI Configuration Begin]. 10.6.7 doesn't have that. Here is a 10.6.8 kernel. Put it on a flash drive and refer to this on how to use it.

0o0o i see, thanks for the info. also i tried the kernel maybe i am doing something wrong but am sure what i read must be correct. when cameleon loaded i see 0,0. so i got one hdd and one usb so i followed this

hd(1,0)/legacy_kernel-10.6.8 maybe my partition is wrong i keep getting can not find the file.

no folder. i formatted my usb drive. and i copy and paste the file in the link. i also found the file on nawcom and i tried that one same kernel, i figured i try, maybe it was a damaged file but that didnt help. i also noticed if i was to try and boot with out enter the code it shows 0,1 which i am assuming its reading the kernel that was possible loaded onto the hdd from the modcd or maybe trying to read the kernel from the cd. but i am not sure what i should try next, maybe i can try a higher number like 3,1 and 3,0, also another note, when i enter the command to read from the usb drive, the cd drive starts to boot up, should that happen?

0,1 indicates the ModCD's kernel. I'll see if I can rebuild the ModCD with the 10.6.8 kernel.

The reason why the CD drive revs up is it finds Darwin on the DVD first, then looks for the kernel.

I just created the hybrid ISO...testing bootability now...

P.S. Love your logo!!! :D

I feel so freakin' smart...it works!! Now I can make whatever mods I want to the ModCD! :yoji:

Here it is! When you boot, swap w/ the DVD and type:

rd(0,0)/Extra/legacy_kernel-10.6.8

then press enter. That should eliminate PCI Config issues. ;)