Audio works, kernel crash on reboot!

RaiZe

5 posts in this topic

Guys,

I have been looking for two days now and NO solution. I load Voodoo kexts from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and i get FULL audio. When I restart, kernel crash everytime. Have to startup in safe mode, remove voodoo kext and try again. I cant find ANYTHING on this audio device . Can ANYONE help me on this? Here is my setup

Running iAtkos Lion 1

IDT 92HD75B Audio Card

Voodoo kexts work perfect when I install them, on reboot I get a kernel crash...

yea i have.. do you mean once I instasll voodoo? because I install voodoo kext, it crashes, then I delete apple hda but it just and voodoo but it appears there again when I reboot

Also would like to mention, if i type -s at boot i see the kernel crashes when its saying the line: driver.AudioAUUC failed to load

I can't quite figure out how this works exactly because the caches should get rebuilt when you mess with stuff in /System/Library/Extensions, but sometimes this doesn't happen and the kernel extension you have just deleted loads from the cache and you have the same problem.

Try booting with -f or find out where the extensions cache is on Lion and delete it. It should get rebuilt automatically.