macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

Hi Mackyreddy!!

first, thank you very much for your guide!!

This is my system:

XPS 17 (L702X)| i7-2720QM| 16Gb 1333 mhz (2x8Gb)| 17.3" FHD AG 1920x1080 Chi Mei N173HGE CMO1720| Blu-ray combo| Intedl HD 3000 + GT 555 3Gb| SSD Samsung 830 256 Gb + Seagate 7200.4 500Gb 7200 rpm| Wireless Intel Centrino N 1030+BT| Bios A17| Win sp1 x64

keep in mind this is my first time I try to "hackintosh" my pc. I know, for now (because of optimus), I won't be able to use nvidia card. (HD3000 could be a problem for Final Cut X ? since one of my whish is to use it, so that is one the reason I would like to have Lion work on my pc).

I downloaded iATKOS L2 Lion 10.7.2. Is it enough I follow your guide in first page (with some modification, like for example, flagging "ssd trim" for my samsung in iatkos personalization) ?

I'm reading you updated to 10.7.4...Will I think about it later, or if the installation of 10.7.2 is a success I could update immediately?

PS do you have any advice about a guide for inspiron dell 9400 with ati x1400 vga card, I tried many times to "hackintosh" it but never with success...

many thanks in advance.

ciao!

Bad news. My xps wont boot with bootable flash drive even with windows 7 :( This problem is since 1st day when my laptop arrived here, screen get blacks after starting laptop and when i remove usb everything work normally.

Any dell xps user suffering with same problem ?

Any solution for this usb booting problem ?

Please also guide me how to do 1st step of usb installation method.

Mahesh now i am getting this error in virtualbox.

0LgiQ.jpg

@ Gannjunior

If u want to stick with 10.7.2 then follow the 10.7.2 section completely Or if u like to update to 10.7.4, then only follow till step 5 (

5. Now restart and complete the set up process and login to Lion desktop ( Kernel flags are no longer needed )

). Once u are on the desktop install 10.7.4 combo update and then delete all unnecessary kexts & kernelcache and then install the 10.7.4 kexts, DSDT, SSDT and latest chamelon bootloader.

By the way as u said u will be installing it on the SSD, just dont forget to select SSD Trim Enabler option while customizing the iATKOS L2

@ Juste

I heard that A.14 bios is a problematic one, just check whether ru on A.14 ? if so then just update to the latest A.17. Then check whether ur usb problems are solved or not. If not ask dell before 21 day return period. I will add few screenshots on how to create Bootable iATKOS L2 bootable USB drive from virtualbox. But it will take some time, may be tomorrow.

By the way have u installed virtual box extensions ? if not then that might be stopping u adding ur usb to virtual box.

@ Juste

I heard that A.14 bios is a problematic one, just check whether ru on A.14 ? if so then just update to the latest A.17. Then check whether ur usb problems are solved or not. If not ask dell before 21 day return period. I will add few screenshots on how to create Bootable iATKOS L2 bootable USB drive from virtualbox. But it will take some time, may be tomorrow.

By the way have u installed virtual box extensions ? if not then that might be stopping u adding ur usb to virtual box.

I think the usb booting problem is still same on A17 bios. Right now i am on A12, i have A17 as well. I bought mine from canada and right now im in middle east. what do u mean by ask dell before 21 day return period ???

Yep i installed extensions pack as well.

Its ok you take your time i am not in a hurry :)

I was able to update to 10.7.4 without any issues just reloaded the kexts from mahnesh before restart and bang it worked. I however am unable to get my trackpad to show as a trackpad keeps coming up as a standard mouse. I think it might be because I have a touchscreen on my dell. Any ideas at all? Can i disable the touch screen in osx?

Hi Christempa,

Touch is in built with OS X lion, so it might have recognized ur touchscreen, well if u want to disable the touch then just search online which kexts are generally used and then just cross check it in ur system profiler, check the extensions loaded, delete them and rebuid the cache. Hope it works.

Regarding Trackpad issue just re install the kexts may be some permission problem.

Trackpad kexts.rar

Guest bob51

Hi.

Today I have installed 10.7.4 in my ssd. It boot pretty fast like windows in a few seconds.

I have used your benchmark by my score is just around 6800.

It is normal? I have i7 2630qm 6gb ram 1333mhz system is on my ssd agility 3.

Thanks

Hi all i am newbee for macosx lion installiation i have a question i extracted my dsdt from ubuntu 12.04 my laptop model is XPS L412Z can i directly use this dsdt for macosx lion installiation or need to patch it please reply thank you for your all effort icon_e_smile.gif

• Like 1

It is my XPS 14z specs

CPU-typeIntel Core i7 2640M 2.8Ghz

Motherboard Intel Mobile HM67

Ram 6GB DDR3 (SODIMM)

Graphic Card Intel® HD Graphics 3000 and GeForce GT520M

Hdd 120Gb ssd and 750Gb 7200rpm

Wireless Intel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6230 & Bluetooth 3.0

I installed retail Lion dvd with multbeast method but my pc is not working properly(usb, wireless etc). I didnt install any kext or dsdt. I tried to edit my dsdt.asl and compile it compiled with errors.Can i use your dsdt and kext fles fot this kind of laptop. Is it enough dsdt instead of kexts or required both ? please help me thanks for your effort.

• Like 1

hi guys,

i have a big problem.i have a17 bios i5-2520m 6gb ram nvidia 550m (1600x900 no3d)

when i try to boot iatikos l2 dvd suddenly bootlooder is freezing and doesnt respond.(but the dvd is working , i try to my friend laptop and it wasnt freeze )

my problem is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXR3Egkrze4

(and this one solved link given by the guy who recorded this video.its doesnt work to me too.)

http://www.osx86.net...der-freeze.html

i try to install on usb but its problem to'' operation system is not found''

i try to install chamelion 2.1,( 5 different verisons) and chimera 1.6 on usb but still operation system no found.

i try to boot u.n.i.be.a.s.t (didnt work for me)

i try to reboot cd.

Please help me for this issue.İ try so many way but i couldn't install successfully.

whats the wrong thing?

i just want to install successfully ..the other problems i can fix all other problems about driver or kernel panic.

.almost i have been trying to fix it more than the 1 month.

sorry my english.

Hy Mahesh,

I'm still stuck :/

I can get 10.7.2 working like a charm, thanks to your tutorial.

But 10.7.4 seems to be a no-go. I tried 3 times (and lost a day...) And i always get stuck a chameleon, when it "reads HFS+ files" mostly at AppleHDA or AppleCPUPowerManagement...

Can you please help me ? I have a 2630-QM with GT555M with standard 1600*900 screen

Thank you so much ! :)

AppleHDA freeze or stuck means that kernelcache has not generated properly and has permission problems, So go to win 7 delete kernelcache and then remove AppleHDA and Ioaudiofamily.kext from extensions folders. then restart and login to lion and then install AppleHDA & Ioaudiofamily.kext using kextutility.app. then again just re run kextutility app to fix any permissions. then reboot everything should be fine and u should get audio back.

hopefully this should solve ur problem

• Like 1

hi guys,

i have a big problem.i have a17 bios i5-2520m 6gb ram nvidia 550m (1600x900 no3d)

when i try to boot iatikos l2 dvd suddenly bootlooder is freezing and doesnt respond.(but the dvd is working , i try to my friend laptop and it wasnt freeze )

my problem is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXR3Egkrze4

(and this one solved link given by the guy who recorded this video.its doesnt work to me too.)

i try to install chamelion 2.1,( 5 different verisons) and chimera 1.6 on usb but still operation system no found.

i try to reboot cd.

Please help me for this issue.İ try so many way but i couldn't install successfully.

whats the wrong thing?

i just want to install successfully ..the other problems i can fix all other problems about driver or kernel panic.

sorry my english.

hi guys,

my problem is

i try to reboot cd.

whats the wrong thing?

sorry my english.

might be corrupted image or failed DVD, i have never seen or heard a problem like this.Just re download the image iATKOS L2

Hello Everyone,

Some cross topic info again, sorry about it.I have released

Micro 8 Release Preview 64 Bit:

Regarding os info the whole iso file size is 1.12 GB and Full installation consumes around 2.60 GB

No Tweaking just a plain vanilla install from Microsoft.

just removed some junk from the system such as windows defender, Windows Experience Index, recovery. speech, powershell, East Asian inputs (IME) and Winsxs

Most of Metro apps has been removed except Windows store and IE 10.

Most of the drivers has been removed

Damn stable no crash, no bsod. Can be used as main os if ok with metro ui. Great job by Microsoft

http://www.mediafire...wcu83olv3ge6ri1 ( Part 1 )

http://www.mediafire...kbf3sozns5ynbdn ( Part 2 )

http://www.mediafire...ci32xc6b6z7esls ( Part 3 )

http://www.mediafire...gs2te89risldg4h ( Part 4 )

http://www.mediafire...15fu4rcfxc1o9f1 ( Part 5 )

http://www.mediafire...uv925899a1lb45t( Part 6 )

cheers

• Like 1

@mackyreddy

I have a L702x with i7-2630QM, 8gb DDR3, Geforce GT 555M with 3D. Can I use your kexts to install lion 10.7.4? I guess my setup is somewhat different than yours since there is no optimus support when 3D is enabled. So I assume the built in HD3000 is disabled all the time even in windows. Any suggestion how I can get started? Thank you for your reply

@ itwong

Just make sure u dont install any intel kexts ( infact u can delete all intel kexts including hd 3000) and use my rest of the kexts.

And i really dont know whether Nvidia fermi stock kexts work or do u need patched Nvidia fermi kexts. Ask for help in tonymacosx86 forum

regards

@ itwong

Just make sure u dont install any intel kexts ( infact u can delete all intel kexts including hd 3000) and use my rest of the kexts.

And i really dont know whether Nvidia fermi stock kexts work or do u need patched Nvidia fermi kexts. Ask for help in tonymacosx86 forum

regards

Okay, I've managed to create a USB install thumbdrive using myHack 3.1 app and 10.7.4 retail dmg. With graphicenabler=Yes flag, my gt 555m is recognized with both QE/CI at native 1080p resolution. ALC665 sound works as well using your AppleHDA kext. Built-in realtek ethernet and Jmicron Card reader don't seem to work yet. Mine is at A16 bios and I use your DSDT and SSDT and place them under root directory. So to get ethenet and card reader working, which kext do I need to work on?

Okay, I've managed to create a USB install thumbdrive using myHack 3.1 app and 10.7.4 retail dmg. With graphicenabler=Yes flag, my gt 555m is recognized with both QE/CI at native 1080p resolution. ALC665 sound works as well using your AppleHDA kext. Built-in realtek ethernet and Jmicron Card reader don't seem to work yet. Mine is at A16 bios and I use your DSDT and SSDT and place them under root directory. So to get ethenet and card reader working, which kext do I need to work on?

Regarding card reader check my first post where i have attached XPS 17 card reader kexts, install them using kextutility.app and regarding realtek ethernet install this pkg http://bit.ly/pLlD13

cheers

Itwong

Okay, I've managed to create a USB install thumbdrive using myHack 3.1 app and 10.7.4 retail dmg. With graphicenabler=Yes flag, my gt 555m is recognized with both QE/CI at native 1080p resolution. ALC665 sound works as well using your AppleHDA kext. Built-in realtek and Jmicron Card reader don't seem to work yet. Mine is at A16 bios and I use your DSDT and SSDT and place them under root directory. So to get ethenet and card reader working, which kext do I need to work on?

How on earth did you get it to work? I have tried myhack 3.1 without any success. I too have the 3D model but with the 2670 processor and i am on the A17 Bios. I have tried the StarbucksSteve method on the tonymacx86 forum but I get lost because there are 54 pages and everything is mashed up. The guides are of not much help because they are for installing Snow Leopard then upgrading to Lion with the use of Linux as an intermediary. Also he has the 2630 processor and the 550m graphics whereas I have the 2670 processor and the 555m graphics. I have tried the Mahesh

method but all I mostly get is a USB non unique error and the furthest I have ever been is as far as the power off button screen. I even tried booting just the iAtkos L2 disc with the kernel flags recommended for my system and nothing. I have hackintoshed 3 netbooks before now and upgraded them to 10.6.8. It took a lot of research, but i did it. I accept and understand that in the hackintosh community you have to do the research, but I have hit a stumbling block I can't get over. Once I get the install disc or usb thumbdrive to install the OS I am pretty sure I am capable of sorting out the rest. Sorry if this sounds frantic but I have been trying for over a month now. I usually like to figure these things out for myself. So if anybody could help, I would really appreciate it.

Mackreddy

thank for your answer in previous page, during this weeken I will try the Lion Installation

thanks also for your cool win7 and win8 microrevision. about the last micro8, you are suggesting to use already as main OS. since I would like to insall it with lion dual boot and the operations are not so quick, do you think I will have some problem to installa the final win8 OS when will be ready (and consequently your new final micro8) ?

thank!

ciao

@mackyreddy

I have come across a weird problem not being able to install chameleon on the hdd. I used GPT and there is only 1 partition on the HDD(OCZ 32GB SSD). I have tried many chameleon installer but all came with operating system not found error when trying to boot from HDD. I can boot using the USB stick that has chameleon on it. Any idea?

Tried iatkos L2 on my xps.

I am able to run but i have some problem in the part "Now install all kexts from 10.7.2 Dell XPS 17 L702x Kexts Pack and also dont forget to install AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext present on the Windows 7 Desktop using kext utility.app ( Present in Applications/Utilities/Tools )"

because I can't use kext utility app since I don't know how to lunch the kexts...

furthermore, after the installation of Lion all the XPS whole is heavily slow in the start phase. I mean for example the "xps bar" the works in progress when u put on the PC, and also windows 7 starting became very very slow (before to install lion win7 start it took really less than 10" on my SSD)....

what do you think?

thanks!