{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hi, I have the Dell Wireless 1702 but how do you make it work ? You said apply the patch Atheros 9285 on patches folder will make wifi working natively with out editing kexts

Where do I find that folder and that patch ?

Thanks

you can use my dsdt linked on topic

i mean dsdt patcher

about eth i am waiting ether driver from realtek or Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx

so still waitng

i will make collection of dsdt for this notebook apply to all spesfication

@Mohamed

I'm testing your dsdt with nvidia + other wifi. I've added the sound so that I don't need to use voodoohda which caused a lot of kp on my lappy. This dsdt seems to work fine. I'm still under 10.7.1 because I was experiencing too many freezes under 10.7.2. Did you know that nvidia geforce gt525m will be supported in the next Chimera release? Maybe that will fix my freezing problems but it's not guaranteed. I also tried to place back the initial wifi/bluetooth pci half minicard (Intel Centrino N1030) which wifi is not recognized as I had replaced it with WLAN 1510 working out of the box but it didn't help. Obviously it is not the cause of my conflicting graphics kexts.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my bad English :(

I. 3 issues that I have founded:

- When I used AppleHDA and changed output volume in System Preferences, the volume slider in Volume tray icon did not change simultaneously.

- Audio format (sample rate, bit rate) in Audio MIDI Setup resetted each time I restarted the machine.

- AppleACPIBatteryManager did not work correctly (when the battery is full, the battery icon doesn't change), but VoodooBattery worked.

II. Solution for Ethernet (not full speed): Use official Realtek Ethernet Driver and change hardware settings for Ethernet card at System Preferences -> Network -> Ethernet -> Advanced -> Hardware:

- Configure: Manually

- Speed: 10baseT/UTP

- Duplex: Full duplex

- MTU: standard (1500)

III. Patched ApleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext with the same connectors table for MacBookPro8,2 and MacBookPro8,3. So you can use MBP8,1; MBP8,2; MBP8,3 smbios.plist as you want.

If you want to use MBP8,2 or MBP8,3 connectors table, change method _DSM in device IGPU like this:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
		{
			Store (Package (0x02)
				{
					"AAPL,snb-platform-id",
					Buffer (0x04)
					{
						0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00
					}
				}, Local0)
			DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
			Return (Local0)
		}

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.zip

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

new patched applehda

Sorry for my bad English :( I. 3 issues that I have founded: - When I used AppleHDA and changed output volume in System Preferences, the volume slider in Volume tray icon did not change simultaneously. - Audio format (sample rate, bit rate) in Audio MIDI Setup resetted each time I restarted the machine. - AppleACPIBatteryManager did not work correctly (when the battery is full, the battery icon doesn't change), but VoodooBattery worked. II. Solution for Ethernet (not full speed): Use official Realtek Ethernet Driver and change hardware settings for Ethernet card at System Preferences -> Network -> Ethernet -> Advanced -> Hardware: - Configure: Manually - Speed: 10baseT/UTP - Duplex: Full duplex - MTU: standard (1500) III. Patched ApleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext with the same connectors table for MacBookPro8,2 and MacBookPro8,3. So you can use MBP8,1; MBP8,2; MBP8,3 smbios.plist as you want. If you want to use MBP8,2 or MBP8,3 connectors table, change method _DSM in device IGPU like this:
 Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) { Store (Package (0x02) { "AAPL,snb-platform-id", Buffer (0x04) { 0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 0x00 } }, Local0) DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0)) Return (Local0) } 

thanks for your post there are new applehda try it

and kexts they are already on topic :)

the aapl snb key is already on dsdt group

I'm still a problem on my 10.7.0:

1 - The desktop is frozen for a few seconds and then back, I noticed that my nvidia video card is not recognized in the Graphics / Display only Intel HD 3000. I am using dsdt "Other intel wifi."

2 - I had problems with KP VoodooHDA, edited the kext to get the sound working primary. KP has been resolved, but got the internal microphone echo, the external microphone is perfect.

my bios 09

Any ideas to fix this?

I'm still a problem on my 10.7.0:

1 - The desktop is frozen for a few seconds and then back, I noticed that my nvidia video card is not recognized in the Graphics / Display only Intel HD 3000. I am using dsdt "Other intel wifi."

2 - I had problems with KP VoodooHDA, edited the kext to get the sound working primary. KP has been resolved, but got the internal microphone echo, the external microphone is perfect.

my bios 09

Any ideas to fix this?

1. Try to remove AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext from S/L/E and rebuild caches, I dont have any desktop freezing

2. Try to use patched AppleHDA for 10.7.2 (from the 1st post of this topic) need to remove voodoo first

Here is my contribuation about this laptop

Its an i5 processor laptop with 4 GB ram (more info isn't needed)

I used iAtkos L1 (Lion 10.7.1) and choosed the following in "customize"

iATKOS L1 Main System

Bootloader -> Chimera v1.5.4

Bootloader Options -> 32-bit

Bootloader Options -> Original Apple Boot Logo

Patches-> /Extra/Extensions

Patches -> FakeSMC

Patches -> Disabler

Patches -> RTC -> RTC 32-bit

Patches -> EvOreboot

Patches -> Custom Kernels -> 11.0.0 GM kernel

Drivers -> Main Hardware -> SATA/IDE -> AHCI SATA Intel

Drivers -> Main Hardware -> USB -> USB

Drivers -> Main Hardware -> Motherboard Sensors

Then booted into the OS with "-f" and put dsdt and smbios (8.2) in Extra folder and also chameleon list (had to use USB keyboard and mouse on first boot and before installing kexts)

After that I put various kexts in desktop and used Kext Beast to install them and then performed a restart (kexts and DSDT grabbed from many topics)

Ethernet issue solved by going to

System prefrences -> Network -> Ethernet -> Advanced -> Hardware

and changed values to

Configure -> Manually

Speed -> 10baseT/UTP

Duplex -> full-duplex

MTU -> Standard (1500)

Wi-fi worked! I appeared to have the working wifi :weight_lift:

What didn't work with me or went wrong:

1- Always got freezes while mouse responded and any background music was still playing (intel 3000 HD graphics issue?) especially on going full screen on many programs like safari and exactly after the freeze is over, I get colour glitches all over the screen and I have to change the resolution to something else then return it as what it was, for example I was at 1366x768, got freezed and glitches appeared, I got to revert to 1024x768 then choose 1366x768 again so glitches do not appear anymore, and so on if I encountred freezes which actually happened very often.

This happens even so I used AppleIntelSNBGraphics edited with my processor's ID which was 0x0116 I think

2- Camera didn't work, it seems like not all "n5110" got the same camera, a friend of mine bought his laptop (true n5110 as well) from UAE and camera worked with him out of the box!, his camera had the following IDs "product ID: 0x2880 vendor ID: 0x1bcf"

but my laptop (bought from Egypt) had different IDs that didn't work even with many attemps using a lot of programs (not currently on the laptop so can't tell what were those)

3- Bluetooth didn't work well but it did on some installs (well I installed this for more than 15 times till I got into this progress) and I don't really care about bluetooth though

everything else worked perfectly! my only problems were that battery finishes so fast and those freezes with the graphics.

I am planning to give iAtkos L2 a try, never thought of using retail lion as I am lazy to get myself a double layered DVD

so anyway if anybody HAD this graphic freeze before and solved it, I hope he could tell me the solution, I could also provide more info with pictures or so if needed :wink2:

• Like 1

I managed to reduce the freezes by using appleintelsnbgraphicsfb.kext rolled back from 10.7.0. I'm also waiting for a solution to this issue. Some others have reported this problem and they are still waiting for a fix: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=37059, . As for 10.7.2, no matter what I tried, there are so many freezes that my laptop is just unusable.

Hi Mohammed,

This is the best guide for Dell N5110 I ever found :)

There are little problems Im wondering if you can help,

Im using your dsdt (Nvidia+atheros) it was working fine (wifi,shutdown, audio etc) however all of a sudden wifi and shutdown/restart stop working! I tried everything and did a clean install then same thing happen, for a day or two wifi works then stop working , same with shutdown /restart.

Not sure whats wrong with shutdown/restart.

Finally I managed to get ahteros working with kext however using my own dsdt, shutdown/restart is not working, can you please have a look at my dsdt?

Regards.

dsdt.zip

hello Mohamed..from Ur name i guess you are Egyptian or Arabian isn't you??:D..law kda yb2a 2oly ah b2a 3shan nkml 3arby:D anyway till you answer me i will continue in English

i have a dell n5110 with the core i5 2430 version..i installed the retail 10.6.3 snow leopard successfully and i want to upgrade to lion..but when i install the 10.6.8 update compo i can't boot anymore and got many panics like system up time in nanoseconds..i tried many times and got the same

i have no DSDT i can extract it but didn't know what to patch to get this machine works well..i have no kexts also so I want UR help:))

Hi Mohammed,

This is the best guide for Dell N5110 I ever found :)

There are little problems Im wondering if you can help,

Im using your dsdt (Nvidia+atheros) it was working fine (wifi,shutdown, audio etc) however all of a sudden wifi and shutdown/restart stop working! I tried everything and did a clean install then same thing happen, for a day or two wifi works then stop working , same with shutdown /restart.

Not sure whats wrong with shutdown/restart.

Finally I managed to get ahteros working with kext however using my own dsdt, shutdown/restart is not working, can you please have a look at my dsdt?

Regards.

try setup new clean mac and use only ps2controller fakesmc patched powermanagment kext

and use latest bootloader and edit atherosairport kext and add wifi card id only

and use mac for period and see if the problem occur again

then add dsdt from topic and see if any problem on that

then add the rest of kexts

this will help you to know where is the cause of problem

hello Mohamed..from Ur name i guess you are Egyptian or Arabian isn't you?? :D..law kda yb2a 2oly ah b2a 3shan nkml 3arby:D anyway till you answer me i will continue in English

i have a dell n5110 with the core i5 2430 version..i installed the retail 10.6.3 snow leopard successfully and i want to upgrade to lion..but when i install the 10.6.8 update compo i can't boot anymore and got many panics like system up time in nanoseconds..i tried many times and got the same

i have no DSDT i can extract it but didn't know what to patch to get this machine works well..i have no kexts also so I want UR help:))

ماشى يا زملكاوى حاول تسطب الليون ولو معرفتش انا معاك :)

وبلاش فرانكو :P

has anyone solved the brightness issuse

i found that no need for complete sleep to get full brightness of screen

just screen sleep do that ;)

may be problem of kext

• Like 1

Your freezing issue looks like the problem I'm having. You should have a look at kernel log and check if you can see this kind of errors: http://www.insanelym...owtopic=259705.

Improved when I switched to my smbios.plist Macbook pro 8.1 (Intel HD 3000). Models 8.2 and 8.3 is for ATI.

So far I never had problems.

I used Chameleon Wizard (latest version)

post-877688-0-27119400-1326222211_thumb.jpg

is your cpu core i3 ?

Hello master,

core i 7.

post-877688-0-27119400-1326222211_thumb.jpg