{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

alpsV6 multitouch pre-alpha2

+scroll gestures can be disabled from prefpane

+middle click with 3 fingers

http://www.mediafire...7zuhlbfu4b5s652

That's great, this one works for me, vertical and horizontal scrolling works but it is inverted, if using USB mouse I can change that from mouse settings not sure about the trackpad

but the single tap doesn't work but the button does!

something to mention, is that after wake from sleep, trackpad stops working :(

thought you need my feedback :D

edit: single tap works but it is a gesture lol, you tap the left side fo the trackpad and then the right one just after, gotta be fast :)

Edited by Madamido

also your touchpad isn't alps ?!!

ALPS MultiTouch v4.17 !!

Sorry mo - only saw this now. What do you mean it isn't alps? because it's v4.17?

Apologies if this has been covered earlier in the topic - I've been away for a bit.

Sorry mo - only saw this now. What do you mean it isn't alps? because it's v4.17?

Apologies if this has been covered earlier in the topic - I've been away for a bit.

i checked your touchpad on dell site

and it is anther touchpad

also 4.17 is not listed on alps driver list

alpsmultitouch works for you as the ps2mouse mode is unversial for all touchpad

but when go specific to enable multitouch function every type and every version need spesfic code

ok thanks for the clarification. so mine is probably cypress. let me google around to see what I can find...

apologies for the n00b comments - have been mostly focussed on bios & x86 code lately - haven't really had time to look at the OS-level stuff yet. but I'm still looking at unlocking the aptio-bioses don't worry :)

• Like 1

ok thanks for the clarification. so mine is probably cypress. let me google around to see what I can find...

apologies for the n00b comments - have been mostly focussed on bios & x86 code lately - haven't really had time to look at the OS-level stuff yet. but I'm still looking at unlocking the aptio-bioses don't worry :)

thanks for you :)

Sadly it's not that simple. For some reason Aptio bioses do not use IFR, or normal conditional jump instructions to hide the advanced menu. So it's back to the drawing board for the 15Rs until I figure out how the instructions work.

Don't despair guys - I'm trying hard to unlock your bioses as fast as possible :)

• Like 3

Updates

:moil:

9/4/2012

-----------

thanks to maropr he shared his dsdt that turn off the nvidia card based on our dsdt intel+atheros and he added work of DoiX on his notebook Dell L502x to turn off nvidia card !! and this work !! :thumbsup_anim: refer here

i added this work to latest dsdt i made and it works great

here you go

good luck :)

Where is the download link? I can't find it. I am currently using the dsdt.aml from your first post extra folder. But I can still hear the nvidia video card fan is spining and the noise is huge. Everything else is working except this. Could you upload one? I have tried the maropr 's dsdt, I get panic error. Think it's not going to work.

Florin9doi, do you think you could develop Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 driver for OS X?

This could be so AWESOME!!!

Thanks.

EDIT:

Found this kext: http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1785&act=down&actionhash=1318247449-bd6860966454bc2c8a1c62610ca79a3a6c3a65c7

Someone said it worked for him, but he didn't approve he has Centrino 1030.

Thanks!

about vga connector i stopped supporting it as it need to boot with vga connected !!

Where is the download link? I can't find it. I am currently using the dsdt.aml from your first post extra folder. But I can still hear the nvidia video card fan is spining and the noise is huge. Everything else is working except this. Could you upload one? I have tried the maropr 's dsdt, I get panic error. Think it's not going to work.

the guide is only on first post and updates on second post