{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

updating to 10.8.2 .....................

Yes, i have patched with DSDT Editor.

Wana a clean one?

if you patched it so what you need ?!

Hi i got a dell 5110 with intel 1030 mini pci wireless card which is not supported with osx.So i got an atheros AR5B95 AR9285 mini pci to replace it.But i wonder if this card supporst bluetooth as intel 1030.Before i start the procedure u guys may help me.After replace will i have bluetooth?

Did i get the wrong card cause there is an atheros AR5B195 model with bluetooth?

and also there is a Dell DW 1702 with the same chipset.

according the card you bought !!

N5110 A11 patched BIOS (AMI Flash Utility included).

http://www.mediafire...iolzh9j32ww8qy9

This file is manually patched and tested by me, and it's the same as n5110a11_PM.rom inside Florin9doi archive.

Run AMI Flash Utility (x86 or x64 according to your Windows architecture), open the patched ROM and flash with default settings. After flashing, shutdown your notebook.

I also rewrite the guide so that you can patch it yourself (sorry for my bad English). You can download it here: :D

http://www.mediafire...mobf1tkx9d41uxd

• Like 1

if you want triple boot

partion HDD on 4 parts

first set up on it windows

second use gparted to make second partion as boot

then setup ubuntu on it and dont forget to select to install bootloader of ubuntu on second part

then after finish make third part as boot and setup on it mac and install chameleon on it

now you have triple boot with chamleon theme

my HDD is now on MBR partition scheme and ML is installed on the 2nd partition (the first is reserved for windows 7). I flagged the 2nd partition "boot" in gparted and installed Chameleon on it and I keep getting "boot0: error" and I tried many kinds of boot1 and with bs=4096 and without it and still no success. What could be the reason for that?

thanks a lot in advance

I think this time will finnaly come to everyone here at the community. I'm switching for MBP13 for 2013 (as I'm going to university). I'm going give this piece of hardware to my friend. So. I stop any development on this machine and putting Win8 on it. Hope that things I left here like UEFI will help you in future. It was a nice time with you guys. Thank you everyone!

• Like 1

hey guys,

i got a problem... so i prepared my drive exactly like it said in the tutorial but i get a kernel panic when im trying to boot from it to install ml ...

i dont know what i could've done wrong.

anyway i attached a picture of the kernel panic screen, hope someone could figure it out, i really need my laptop :/

thanks in advance :)

post-634325-0-18511500-1348437665_thumb.jpg

my HDD is now on MBR partition scheme and ML is installed on the 2nd partition (the first is reserved for windows 7). I flagged the 2nd partition "boot" in gparted and installed Chameleon on it and I keep getting "boot0: error" and I tried many kinds of boot1 and with bs=4096 and without it and still no success. What could be the reason for that?

thanks a lot in advance

Windows, mac, ubuntu MUST BE on a primary partition, installing windows first is always the best solution with windows vista/7 bootloader in the MBR using EasyBCD

hey guys,

i got a problem... so i prepared my drive exactly like it said in the tutorial but i get a kernel panic when im trying to boot from it to install ml ...

i dont know what i could've done wrong.

anyway i attached a picture of the kernel panic screen, hope someone could figure it out, i really need my laptop :/

thanks in advance :)

post-634325-0-18511500-1348437665_thumb.jpg

you didn't mod your bios for the intelcpupowermanagement.kext :)

post#1 in page 1 got the mod for A10 bios

and post#815 in page 41 got the one for A11 bios

make sure you use the correct one

you didn't mod your bios for the intelcpupowermanagement.kext :)

post#1 in page 1 got the mod for A10 bios

and post#815 in page 41 got the one for A11 bios

make sure you use the correct one

first of all, thank you for the answer :)

but i didnt know i could use the wrong one .... did it at first with the a11 one,

but i installed windows again now and flash with the bios mod from page 1,

prepared the drive again,

but i still get this kernel panic, the exact same one! :S

did i mess my bios up when modding it with the a11 one?

or what could be the problem ? :(

first of all, thank you for the answer :)

but i didnt know i could use the wrong one .... did it at first with the a11 one,

but i installed windows again now and flash with the bios mod from page 1,

prepared the drive again,

but i still get this kernel panic, the exact same one! :S

did i mess my bios up when modding it with the a11 one?

or what could be the problem ? :(

You don't have to flash or mod BIOS when you install windows or even format your HDD because the BIOS is stored in the motherboard

Anyway you can now just download the mediafire file in post#815, use the original A11 bios.exe that came from Dell and flash your BIOS to A11, if it is A11 already then skip what I just said

use the mod from the same file and you won't get that kernel panic

hey bro.

I want know details about modifying the PS2keyboard kext to make fn+F4(F5... and so on) working.

My laptop is Dell N4010 14R

I look up the thread but I can't find out it

Thanks in advance